1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
279 Posts
Colombia - Venezuela and Peru - Bolivia....interesting group...Colombia and Peru clearly favorites, but u never know, so Avanti Bolivia!!....as for the other groups the Argies and Uruguay are my favs from group B while Brazil and Paraguay from group C.....then 2 third places qualify right? that could be Mexico and Bolivia......

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
I am not sure, I want Bielsa to take the top guns for this cup to win something that we have never won since 93 but I also like to see some of the Olympic members as well:confused:

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Rumor has it that every country is bringing their 'guns' to this one except Argentina and Paraguay (and perhaps Mexico) who should be showcasing their respective Olympic squads - Note - these include their three 'over age' players.

It's not all a complete loss as you can see. ;)

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This will be my 13th year of following Argentina.

I first saw them at the 1991 Copa America. Well, what I could see of them through the static of my pre-cable television channel.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
One thing: I want to win it, and a great chance to use Cavenaghi, Riquelme and others that aren't in Bielsa's first team. Also why not making Biglia and some kids make their first minutes in a real tournament. I want to keep the advantage in this tournament, with such great winners as the '47, '57 and the last time argentine was a winning totall football machine '91 (it's a long time since I don't enjoy a Senior NT like that ('94 the nearest).

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
First of all, the drawing was a joke. it was held at peru, of course, the local NT, and like it was expected, it got an extremly easy group.
almost at the end of the drawing, the group of Brazil was done, and there was one free spot in argentinas and perus groups. the two teams left, were Mexico and Bolivia.
all the people at the place was screaming to get Bolivia instead of mexico. when they take the ball to see whihc group Mexico will be part of, they find that the ball was for the group of Brazil, which group was alredy done. :eek:
so, after the embarassment, they took a new ball, and the guy who took it said to the public, what did you want????, and yes, mexico went to argentinas group.
of course all the people screamed of joy. the joke was done.

but what could we expect???
they need Peru to do well, if dont, who the hell is going to the stadiums???? if peru is out in the first round, the copa america is going to be a failure.

Grupo A: piece of cake for the host.
peru
Colombia -
Venezuela
Bolivia

Grupo B: like we are use to, we have the group of death.
Argentina - - - - - - -
Uruguay - - - - - - -
México - - - - - - -
Ecuador - - - - - - -

Grupo C: In this case, Peru had more privilige than the llorones, and they got the second easier group. Not easy anyway.
Brasil - - - - - - -
Paraguay - - - - - - -
Costa Rica - - - - - - -
Chile - - - - - - -

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
batigold said:
First of all, the drawing was a joke. it was held at peru, of course, the local NT, and like it was expected, it got an extremly easy group.
Well I guess is was less then 25 % as corrupt as the FIFA world cup 2002 draw :eek: :eek: :eek:

As far as I see it then it allright to make the hometeam the 3'rd top seeded team together with Argentina and Puto-Brazil :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts