Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this game being broadcasted in Europe ? And if yes, where can i watch it ?

Is there a good site where i can read a match report after the game and see the goals ? Hope you can help me out ..

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
you can see the goals on www.globo.com after the game
i don't know about the boradcast cause i don't live in europe

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor ate o fim.
A Corrente Jamais Sera Quebrada!
THE WORLD IS OURS

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Brazil to go on the attack

The entry of Alex in place of Zé Roberto promises to put the Brazil squad on the attack against Peru, in the third round of the World Cup 2002 qualifiers.

Coach Wanderley Luxemburgo dropped the leverkusen midfielder and gave a chance to the young player from Palmeiras, confirming that his intention is to make the squads touch more agile.

But the alterations for Sunday's game in Lima don't stop there: Vampeta lost his place as first choice to César Sampaio. Brazil will also have a new pair of strikers for the game, Edmundo and Franca.

This will be the first official game for the São Paulo striker in the Brazilian selection. The rest of the team is likely to be the same as in the other games.

Brazil is in joint second place with Peru in the classification table, with four points. Argentina lead the Eliminatories with six points from their two games.

Starting line-up:

Dida; Cafu, Antônio Carlos, Aldair, Roberto Carlos; César Sampaio, Emerson, Rivaldo, Alex; Franca, Edmundo.

And on a personal note: bringing in a p. :( AND losing a great CORINTHIAN, can't do the team any good... :)

CESF

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Alexx,
totally agree with you, I don't think alex should even be in the squad. Luxemburgo is going crazy....coherence is not a word used in his dictionary!! :( Were is the Luxemburgo that we all know from club football? When will he get his mind back again and be the best manager of the world, as we all know he is!. I think only now he is realizing how tough it is to train brazil.
Edmundo was the best player in training yesterday and said: "I'll prepare the golas to Franca score"! :)
I think Edmundo will score all of them myself, cause the animal will be eager to show some work

Amoroso is out of the team cause he is crap, should have never been called up. HIm and Elber could get lost

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
THE WORLD IS OURS

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Ze da Fiel wrote: "Amoroso is out of the team cause he is crap, should have never been called up. HIm and Elber could get lost."

Ze, that is so FUNNY! it is exactly what i was going to say. amoroso isn't playing because he's a bum!

but what about vampeta-cesar sampaio? that is a BIG MISTAKE!!!! cesar sampaio has no future in this team, so he should not be in the team now. the next two or three years in the selecao belong to vampeta, so he should play now.

and, by the way, alex is awesome (when he is awake). don't you corinthianos remember the pre-olympic games, when alex and ronaldinho gaucho were the kings?

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
No, we Corinthians don't remember... :)

CESF

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
See falcao,
WE only remember the moves of Ricardinho , teh best midfielder of Brazil this year :)

Cesar Sampaio gives experience.....he still has some years falcao, it is not because the had a bad game that we should kill him. He is a good player, but agree with you VAMPETA is much better , as Vampeta is the modern defensive midfielder that Luxemburgo always praises :)

Now Amoroso and Elber should really get lost :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
THE WORLD IS OURS

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Brazil arrived yesterday i Peuru.
An idiot chuck a stone in the bus window which broke...fortunately it did not hutr no one.
This is the kind of treatment we receive in almost all the south american coutries...and when those **** go to Brazil they get treated like kings. I think we should start giving them some crap aswell.
this kind of attitude is good for us, cause the players will go to the pitch to beat these idiots with more desire :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
THE WORLD IS OURS

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
I actually think Amoroso should get to play, but leaving Vampeta out is a disgrace. In most Brazil games I've seen he has been the best player. And of course the Fiel factor kicks in... :)

NESF

T

·
0 Posts
You guys are right...Elber and Amoroso are Bums...GET LOST!!!

I think Edmundo and Franca will be great...From what I have heard about Franca, he will be an excellent complement to Edmundo...

Cesar Sampaio Sucks...thats the bottom line...Vampeta is way ahead of him in talent and game...he is horrible...Is Vampeta injured or Luxo cut him??

Also, any special reasons why ronaldinho gaucho isnt selected??? I read a little while ago that he is fat or something...not sure...

I would accept nothing better than a whoop-ass by Brazil in Lima!!!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i don't know what's up with luxemburgo-ronaldinho guacho. ronaldinho was a little bit overweight in the last game (brazil-ecuador), so lux did not play him. but there is no excuse now. i guess luxemburgo's head is getting too big! he wants to show everybody that HE is the boss.

rivaldo said he is really looking forward to playing with alex in midfield and edmundo-franca up front. he said this means much attacking. he said he plans to set up lots of chances for the attackers -- and go up front to look for a goal for himself also.

D

·
0 Posts
In his lowest point since he started training the National team in August 98, coach Wanderley Luxemburgo will take the team to the attack against Peru in order to try to win back the fans and the media.
This will be Brazil's third match in the qualifiers. In the two previous ones, (0x0 with Colombia and an unconvincing 3x2 win over Ecuador at home) the team lacked in creation and togetherness, which Luxemburgo attributed to the too short training periods.
The lackluster performances were repeated in the friendlies against Wales and England last week, and back to Brazil when calling the players who perform in Brazil, Luxemburgo started to get into serious trouble.
He did not call Ronaldinho Gaucho, even though he had assured the media of his calling after the Ecuador match. Then, he saw his so much heralded power and independence be reduced by CBF, who overruled him, allowing players to present themselves late to the training center due to their important matches with their clubs. Criticism came from everywhere: from club officials, feeling shortchanged by the double standard to parts of the media who had only praise for him until then.
Therefore the coach knows that a loss to Peru tomorrow, or even a draw or unconvincing win, will put him in a very uncomfortable situation for the next match in Rio against Uruguay. To preempt the fans reaction is the reason he is going with an offensive formation more to the people's taste. Alex instead of Zé Roberto will mean more creativity in midfield. Up front, Edmundo and França make a pair of strikers both aggressive and skilled but they are playing together for the first time.
Hence the sacrifice of Vampeta, who leaves the team for a more defensive Cesar Sampaio, so the defense does not get entirely exposed.
On the other hand, Peru's Colombian coach 'Pacho' Maturana, gives all the indications of fielding an extremely defensive team. But he has a record of pulling some surprising last minute changes now and then. So, Luxemburgo, beware!
Most probable line-ups:

PERU
Miranda; Huamán, Rebosio, Pajuelo, Olivares; Soto,
Palacios, Jayo, Del Solar; Soria and Holsen
Coach - Francisco Maturana

BRAZIL
Dida; Cafu, Antônio Carlos, Aldair, Roberto Carlos;
César Sampaio, Emerson, Alex e Rivaldo; Edmundo
and França
Coach - Wanderley Luxemburgo

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Brasil 1 x 0 Peru,
I din't see the game. I MUST find a place here in Miami were i can see the WC games..otherwise i'm gopnn go crazy :(

edmundo was sent off with 3 minutes to go..so he is out of the game against uruguay.
brazi played crap again...at least that is what the press is saying.
Antonio carlos scored!

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
THE WORLD IS OURS

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
edmundo and cesar sampaio are out of the game agaisnt Uruguay

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
THE WORLD IS OURS

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i hope edmundo and cesar sampaio NEVER return to the selecao. they are both bums. edmundo once again proved that you cannot rely on him. what would happen if brazil needed him in the next match? he would not be there! he should NEVER return to the team. and cesar sampaio is just a bum. kick him out of the team. if the team is going to play crappy 0-0, 3-2 and 1-0 games, then we might as well put in an interesting player like vampeta.

---------------------------------
WORLD CUP QUALIFYING: Brazil nips Peru

LIMA (June 4, 2000 8:19 p.m. EDT http://www.sportserver.com) - Striker Edmundo, playing his first international in almost two years, was sent off as Brazil earned a hard-fought 1-0 win against Peru in a World Cup qualifier on Sunday.

Defender Antonio Carlos, with his second goal in successive qualifiers, scored the winner in the 35th minute when he latched onto a long, lofted pass out of defense and flicked the ball past goalkeeper Miguel Miranda - with Peru claiming offside.

Peru, missing key players Nolberto Solano and Claudio Pizarro through suspension, dominated the second half but was unable to turn its possessions into clear scoring chances in an absorbing game.

The volatile Edmundo, whose appalling disciplinary record has already adversely affected his international career, was sent off for a nasty two-footed challenge in the 89th minute, capping a poor performance from the Vasco da Gama player.

His dismissal is likely to stoke the controversy surrounding Brazil coach Wanderley Luxemburgo, who was criticized for selecting Edmundo at the expense of Gremio striker Ronaldinho Gaucho. Luxemburgo stunned Brazilians by excluding the enormously talented Ronaldinho from the squad after last month promising that he would be included.

"We can't deceive the Brazilian people. The qualifying matches will all be like this, we will qualify for the World Cup but we will do it suffering and hurting," said Luxemburgo.

The result left Brazil with seven points from three games and Peru, which suffered its first defeat in the South American World Cup qualifying group, with four.

Brazil was often cynical as it repeatedly halted Peru's best moves with systematic fouling in midfield, a tactic that largely paid off due to the lenience of the Argentine referee. Cesar Sampaio, Emerson Ferreira and Cafu were all booked, but the tally did not reflect the number of fouls committed by the World Cup runners-up.

Peru, backed by 45,000 fans in a stadium decked almost exclusively in the national colors of red and white, went onto the attack at the start. Brazil goalkeeper Dida had to be alert in the fifth minute, as he punched away a fierce free kick by Jose del Solar.

Brazil weathered the early storm and had a goal by Franca, who back-heeled the ball into the net, disallowed for offside in the 28th minute. Two minutes later, midfielder Alex had a shot turned around the post by Miranda.

Peru's best effort came two minutes from time when a fierce shot by Roberto Palacios from the edge of the penalty area flew narrowly past Dida's left-hand post. Brazil's best second-half effort came when Edmundo shot over the bar.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
brazil is playing like real crap! for the last two WC games, we had to get goals from defender antonio carlos so we could escape with some points.

why is it that with attacking players like rivaldo, ze roberto, alex, edmundo, amoroso, franca and elber on the team, brazil cannot score? i'll tell you why: BECAUSE RONALDINHO GAUCHO WAS NOT THERE.

ze da fiel, i don't care what you say about ronaldinho being young and having to be behind romario, edmundo, edilson and some other bums. ronaldinho is the only player who scores in every game for brazil. EVERY GAME. whenever he plays, he scores. you cannot argue with that because it is true. since copa america, he has been brazil's best player. i don't care how young or fat he is, HE HAS TO PLAY.

even rivaldo is a bum now. he can stick that player of the year award up his ass, because he's a damn bum! this team is a joke without ronaldo and ronaldinho gaucho.

the only way to save this team: ROMARIO, FRANCA AND/OR RONALDINHO GAUCHO IN THE ATTACK!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Jornal do Brasil ratings for the players:

BRASIL
Antônio Carlos - Fez tudo: gol, marcou com vontade, classe, determinação. Foi o principal jogador brasileiro contra o Peru. Só abusou de duas firulas no finalzinho. 9
(Did everything: marked with desire, class and determination. was the main player against peru.)
Dida - Atuação segura na partida. 7
Cafu - Boas subidas pelo seu setor apesar de ter falhado nos cruzamento. 6
Aldair - Não comprometeu diante dos peruanos. 6
Roberto Carlos - Um pouco discreto, quase não apoiou o ataque ontem. 6
Emerson - Mostrou garra. Errou muitos passes. 6
César Sampaio - Arriscou alguma idas ao ataque. 7
Alex - Lento, acabou substituído. 5
Denílson - Pelo menos correu mais que Alex e ainda buscou jogadas com Edmundo. 6
Rivaldo - Decepcionou, relembrando os defeitos: lento e prendendo demais a bola. 5
Vampeta - Entrou no lugar de Rivaldo a dois minutos do fim. Sem nota
Edmundo - Não brilhava, mas pelo menos tentava até ser expulso num lance desnecessário. 5
França - Não repetiu as atuações contra País de Gales e Inglaterra.
Zé Roberto - Nada acrescentou. 5
---------------------------
i didn't see a rating for Franca. the review says he didn't repeat his performances against wales and england.

i want to add one more rating:
Luxemburgo -- 0 -- didn't pick Ronaldinho Gaucho.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts