Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
14.51 Roma, Perrotta: "Qui si vince in 3, si perde in 8"

Il centrocampista contesta l'esaltazione del trio d'attacco
ROMA - "In campo si va in 11 e qui mi sembra che si vince in 3 e si perda in 8. Questo non mi sta bene e non sta bene nemmeno a loro. Poi, è normale che quei 3 hanno qualità superiori agli altri e le devono sfruttare». Simone Perrotta non
ci sta. Il centrocampista della Roma non accetta che in occasione delle vittorie della squadra gli elogi vadano solo al "trio delle meraviglie", Totti-Cassano-Montella, mentre al resto spettino
solo le critiche dopo le sconfitte. "Non credo che questa squadra si affidi solo a loro tre ma è anche normale debbano fare la differenza". Poi, aggiunge stizzito: "Quando le cose vanno bene
giocano solo quei tre, e gli altri otto cosa fanno? Certo, sono giocatori eccezionali che dobbiamo supportare ed è normale che con la qualità che hanno oscurano gli altri ma perchè
quando si perde la colpa è solo degli altri e non anche di quei tre là davanti? Questo non è giusto".

gazzetta.it

Simone brings up a very valid point in my opinion, but also fact is that without those 3 we would be totally screwed up this season.
Nevertheless i can imagine it must be very bad for the intern chemistry of the squad that the tridente gets so overpraised by media and others.

You never read things like those to this huge expansion on other clubs.Clubs that are much more succesfull than us.

I also remember Chivu speaking about it.A player who was captain at an earlier age than Totti, at a club and national squad that has acchieved much more than Roma recently.

Your thoughts on that issue?

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
You can only give praise where it is due and apart from the tridente,and maybe Cufre,the rest have left a lot to be desired.I hope Chivu sorts it out in defence.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Translator translated Totti-Cassano-Montella as Dyed-Erased-Montella :D
But to get back to the topic, i think thats normal. Ofcourse we're gonna praise Cassano, Totti, Montella, because they're the ones who make the scoring and plays. And media does that too. Even more.
We here at forum, and people who follow Roma more closely do appreciate everyone. I mean, how many time was Cufre hailed here? But newspapers will never do that, and the magic trio will always get the attention.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
I don't have much sympathy for Perrotta (of course, he's right per se, but he can't get praise when he doesn't deserve it), but the Chivu angle you mentioned principe, that I fully understand.

Imagine how flabbergasted Chivu must have been - at a ridiculously young age he was captain of one of the most successful sides in European footballing history and his country, and led by example, never acting larger than life. Always shut up and did his job perfectly, the perfect man and the perfect employe.
And he moves to Rome and meets the personal cult that is Francesco Totti in AS Roma. Forget the team, it's all about Totti, and he is far away from the natural born lader Chivu is. It must have been somewhat of a shock to come from such a different background and meet the infallible Totti in all his glory. I can see why that would be the source of some discontent actually. But what can you do, it's not going to change.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I personally think that Roma has won in 3 and lost in 8 this season(so far). The stats says it all; one of the best attacks, and of the poorest defenses.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
I think Perrotta is a good guy and a hard working midfielder, but I don't want to hear him make any comments such as these when he barely even plays cause he has been hurt so long.

In addition, when the defense and midfield get their act together and start having games with ZERO goals allowed, then the rest of the team can get some praise. When we have to win games 2-1, 3-2, or 4-3 because our defense and midfield suck, of course the tridente who scores all the goals should get ALL the praise.

C'mon Simone, worry about actually stepping on the field...not about the rightful praise of 3 of the best players in the world.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
It's a slightly worrying report in that if many players on the club do in fact feel jipped, like Perrotta indicates, than that represents a less than unified starting 11 - a group that is not all working toward one single goal. Are these true thoughts and how prevalent are they? I think it's something that we should monitor, mainly because we want all our lovely Romanisti to feel valued and welcomed. :thumbsup: :heart:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts