Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
uefa.com said:
Perrin appointed at Portsmouth
Alain Perrin has been unveiled as Portsmouth FC's new manager as the English Premiership club aim to recover from a dismal run of form and escape the threat of relegation.

Marseille history
Frenchman Perrin, 48, spent three months last year coaching the United Arab Emirates side Al-Ain, having been dismissed from his post with Olympique de Marseille in January 2004 after only half a season at the helm.

'They really wanted me'
"For personal reasons I did not think I would commit myself to a new club before the start of the next campaign," said Perrin. "But Portsmouth decided to accelerate things and asked me to take the reins right now. I felt they really wanted me."

Troyes transformed
Before Marseille, Perrin was in charge of French team ES Troyes Aube Champagne for nine years, taking the club on a fairytale journey from the fourth division to the first. He also led them on a European adventure including a UEFA Intertoto Cup final defeat of Newcastle United FC in 2001.

Zajec role
Portsmouth caretaker manager Velimir Zajec is expected to revert to his original executive director's role, having taken over following Harry Redknapp's departure in November. Joe Jordan may also remain at the 16th-placed club as first-team coach, while ex-Tottenham Hotspur FC manager David Pleat will assist in a consultancy position.
Good choice?

·
Registered
59,183 Posts
Did well at Troyes. Bit disappointing at L' OM, so maybe the man for a smaller league club like Portsmouth

and he's apparantly been hangin it about

from the Sun

Rompy Pompey
By DAVE KIDD

PORTSMOUTH’S new manager Alain Perrin is still fighting accusations from former club Marseille that he sexually harassed members of staff.

Frenchman Perrin, who took over Pompey alongside David Pleat today, was sacked by Marseille in January 2004.

Perrin, 48, is still locked in an acrimonious court case with the French club, suing them for the £3million outstanding on his contract.

But at a court hearing last June, Marseille have countered that the reasons for his sacking included ‘sexual harassment of several employees’ and ‘exhibitionism at the workplace’ — claims strongly denied by Perrin.

Perrin is alleged to have been seen by Marseille players romping with a female employee at the club’s training ground.

Perrin’s lawyer Jean-Jacques Bertrand claimed that Marseille were just trying to get out of paying compensation.

He said: “They want to destabilise my client, to make his attitude appear shameful so that he accepts his dismissal.

“There is no proof to support the allegations and we are going to sue for an attack on the image of Alain Perrin and his private life.”

The case has yet to be resolved after hearings in June, July and November last year.

Former Tottenham chief Pleat will work as an advisor to Perrin for the final seven matches of the season but the Frenchman will be handed a two-year contract.

Director of football Velimir Zajec, whose disastrous run as caretaker manager has left the club on the brink of relegation, is now going to concentrate on foreign scouting and could be eased out of the club.

Tranmere chief Brian Little was one of several Englishmen interviewed for the job — but Mandaric plumped for the foreign option after hearing of Perrin’s hard-line reputation.
btw I pass on my deepest sympathies with your appointment of Kerbie :D

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
shame we're playing scum at our place this season. pleat would love the area round st. fairies

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Oh man your really staying up now! No way your gonna get relegated into the championship now! Just look at this guys stats!:

Born:
7 October 1956, Lure
1983: Appointed junior coach at Nancy and works under Arsene Wenger. Later becomes Academy boss
1993: Takes over as manager of Troyes, taking the club from fourth to first division
2002: Given manager's job at Marseille and pays a French domestic transfer record for Didier Drogba
Jan 2004: Sacked by Marseille after poor run in French first division and later linked with job at Southampton
July 2004: Named manager of Al-Ain in United Arab Emirates
Oct 2004: Sacked by Al-Ain after a poor run of results

Well done Pompey :wallbang:!

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
I take my word back :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
haha Perrin bit of a joke really. Can't belive they didnt get Brian Little he's been doing brilliantly at my club Tranmere this season and he's got premiership experience with Aston Villa.

Perrin will be fine in Pompey he does'nt need to harrass any women Pompey women are loose as F*ck, and offer themselves at any moment.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
and thank fcuk they are. i'd be out of luck anywhere else

·
Registered
171 Posts
ye me too haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts