Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right from Yahoo France Football. Here's the URL: http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/000717/6/ior5.html

Here's a summary of the article.

Florentino Perez has been elected as the new Real Madrid's President by the Real Socios' votes on Sunday 16 July.

This is not official yet but surveys done right after the voting are reporting that Perez has won the club elections.
The official results will be announced at 4:00 am GMT.

Perez refused to give any comments on the elections until the official results are known.

In the meantime, Lorenzo Sanz the defending president, has recognised his defeat during an interview to the radio station Radio Cadena Cope.

"I congratulate Florentino Perez and i hope that Real will obtain the deserved successes. The socios have chosen Perez and I'm not blaming anyone. They (Socios) are mature enough to know what they want and i ask everyone that voted for me to be at the new president's disposal under any circumstances." These were Sanz comments on the elections.

"I am leaving with my head high and with a free spirit hoping that the club will win its 9th CL" he added. He also put into doubt the veracity of the vote by correspondence.

Ramon Mendoza, the former president is happy with the fact that Perez won:"I'm delighted that Perez has won. Sanz is a coward and a betrayer." Mendoza added...as reported by the internet site of the paper Marca.

During his campaigne, Perez swored that he had signed a pre-contract with the Barca's Portuguese Star, Figo which was on several occasions denied by Figo. He also declared during his campaigne that he would also bring to Real the best player of the world, namely Zidane.

In his programme, Perez also promised the construction of a new sporting facilities for Real along a club museum and expanding the Bernabeu's capacity thanks to the building of a new raw which would add an extra 10000 more seats to the already huge stadium.

More importantly, he also said that he would be erasing the club's debt which is already around 43 Billion Pesetas (258 Millions Euros) thanks to a five year plan...

Well, well, now lets see if al these were only smoke and propaganda talks or real promises.

Welcome abraod Perez, may you be inspired to keep Real at the top and above all reduce its phenomenal debt....

Hala Madrid!

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I just read on zoomsoccer that Perez has won! Now what?
Figo?
Savo?
Tristan?
Zanetti?

what about Savio? so many questions on so many issues!

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
if perez doenst keep his prmosise, he will be criticized until the next elections:)

lets see if he can bring figo and zidane. i dont think this will happen, but lets wait and see

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
First the election results aren't official yet. They are still counting the votes.

I doubt perez would be able to bring zidane and figo (figo alone was a bad promise).

Unless he resorted to paying out of his own pocket I don't see how he could bring both.
Hopefully perez will turnout to be a financial genius :)

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I for one am very happy! A wind of change for the club :) At least no gambling debts and dead socios voting.......

Now there are some things that remain to be seen and I don't mean Figo, that I AM SURE that he has signed. We're going to see a dramatic change from his part now.

1st Anelka : the pre-contract beteween Lorenzo Sanz, Anelka and PSG is no longer valid.
2nd Tristan : it's final one way or the other
3rd Zanetti : I had the idea this was also a Sanz candidacy matter which means that probably it's over

Plus Savio's contract. This is a mystery, none of the two candidates had mentioned anything during the elections.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Yep, change will happen, just dunno good or bad...

I still want to see the Figo deal blew, then we can save the $ for getting ZZ/Veron

I still think that Anelka will leave no matter who is selected. And I don't think that we should sign Savo to replace him.

D

·
0 Posts
Good news from AS! Florentiono Perez's victory means new talks must be held if Solari is to be a Real Madrid player, since he was a Sanz signing. Now everyone here prefers Savio to Solari, right?! :)

BTW, the same situation goes for Diego Tristan.

A

·
0 Posts
well if it is possible that if perez wins(its not official yet)than solari anmd munitis are not signed then i want perez to win but i dont think that will happen because you just cant throw away a playeer after signing him just 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
If Perez brings in Figo and at least ONE of his other promises i will be happy. He has promised SO MUCH that he cant be without pressure from the socios right now.

I want Figo here, i love him a lot (but his antics recently :( ) and him coming to Real is a dream come true!

I also hope Perez will issue some sort of "investigation" about our clubs past and to see why we didnt clean our debt up etc....

Real&Barcafan

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Well, I DO prever Savio over Solari :D

Now since it's done I hope he'll keep his promises...at least several of them anyway 'coz he promised wuite a lot!

Instead of bringing the megastars (although I don't mind Figo coming) I think the debt issue is more crucial. It's great if he can resolve that issue. We'll just see whether he's the correct decision by the socios...
All eyes will be on Perez from now, and it's not only after the new season kicks off but also the transfers...

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
hahaah i cannot believe the Spanish are so gullable.

WOW!!!!!! This just goes to show a massive streak of immaturity!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
The time(I was expecting for 5 years) has come.
Now I feel a little bit sorry for Lorenzo, as I said I like the guy. Anyway the club is above any person. Lorenzo gave us two CL´s ...Cheers mate, but also an increase of the debt of 200 millions dollars.
Congratulations Florentino¡¡
He has already begun with style, quoting him:
Although I won the elections yesterday was a very sad day because of the terrorist attack.
I have just heard some speeches of the Barsa candidates and they are not happy with the outcome as now they will be facing a stronger Real ( Barsa missed its chances with the catastrophical management of Sanz so from now on...). And tomorrow Figo´s bomb will explode...
I hail the new era saying that Florentino won´t let us down, but we do not have to fear facing radical changes as the club need them.
In my opinion the upcoming signings are not
the most important issue . Figo´s signing is out of disussion as it was something completely necessary to become President (It was not against Perez´s promises of fielding the best players in the world).
The sport area will continue be managed by Vicente del Bosque and the new appointed Technical Manager Amancio Amaro (an ancient glory) so signings are not something to attack Florentino whether we like them or not (for me they just have to go along with a sport project and i am sure it ´ll be so). But the real matter is the debt and Socios has thought the same choosing a financial genius.
According to a florentino´s survey Real is able to double Man. United in merchandising helping with it to erase the whole debt in a five years plan.
Being assured honestity and management ability let us get ready to enjoy with a stronger Cantera and completed with the best players in the world.
La Novena is closer.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Wow! All this enthusiasm, just look at your comments guys:) Sorry, this doesn't have to be answered too, because had I been here, I'd probably be writing the same thing. I just can't believe how this guy has been able to make himself from savior to traitor in one week. Why did he touch Redondo:(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts