Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can we believe Perez will win? How good are his chances?

If he's secured Figo, wants Zidane and Riquelme Let's get behind HIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Forza Perez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
"IF" - and that's where the problems start:( I really believe he may have bagged up Figo, but I really can't believe we're gonna spend another 50 mln on Zidane. It's just outrageous!:D

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with Labas. I doubt that Perez will want to pay everything out of his pocket. No one is that big of a fan.

RE: Figo, I'm pretty certain that he's out of Barcelona even if RM doesn't get him.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Well, if I had the moeny I'd put all of it into Real:D There's an interesting sound to all of this - go ask a Barca fan what he thinks and it's all the other way round. I am so confused...:confused: :mad:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A Barca fan will tell you to go f**k yourself because his team has cash.

Forgive me for posting this, but maybe we need to take some accounting lessons in Catalunya.

From http://www.dailysoccer.com

Barcelona president Josep
Lluis Nunez put the club's value at 220,000 million pesetas
($1.26 billion) in his final annual economic reportpresented on Friday.

Of that figure, 50,070 million pesetas ($285.1 million) is
based on a valuation of the playing staff, said Nunez, whose
22-year reign as Barca head comes to an when a new president is elected later this month.

The two most highly valued players are Rivaldo and Luis
Figo, whose estimated worth is 8,500 million pesetas ($48.41
million) each.

One of the most controversial acts of Nunez's final year in
charge was to order a study into the possible benefits of a
stock market flotation.

Nunez said that according to the study, Barcelona could make
an annual profit of 10,000 million pesetas ($56.95 million) if such a flotation were to take place.

That is highly unlikely to happen in the near future,
however, as Barcelona's status as a sporting club owned by its 100,000 member fans is a matter of fierce pride in Catalunya.

A comparision was also made between the running of Barcelona
and English champions Manchester United, who are regarded as the most economically successful club in the world.
"If Barcelona had been run in the same way as Manchester
United we could have generated more than 40,000 million pesetas ($227.8 million) in profit," Nunez said during a news conference following the presentation of his report.
Barcelona currently pass up two obvious money-making
opportunities by refusing to carry sponsorship on their shirts and allowing free entry for season-ticket holders for Champions League games.

Nunez said that even without income from such sources, the
club was debt free and with sound financial prospects given that a TV deal with satellite platform Via Digital, running from 2003 to 2008, is set to bring in close to 100,000 million pesetas ($569.5 million).

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your right Pablo, Florentino is not gonna spend his own money to buy Figo. In a report by AS, Florentino says that every single cent of Figo's $57M fee will be paid for by Real Madrid, not him. He tries to justify this by saying that Figo at least is one of the best players in the world. He mentioned that last year Real Madrid spent a total of $85M mostly on players he's never heard of (an attack on Balic, Geremi, Congo...). He adds that it's been a while since Real Madrid fans have been treated to a spectacular team and insists Figo can pay back what Real Madrid is spending on him. On the Barca side of things, Nunez is adamant that he will not renegotiate Figo's contract and says the $57M they will get is a great amount for a player who has only 3 years of football left to play in his career. (Figo is 28 this year)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Oh, that's what I was worried about:(
Unlike those Italian clubs, Real basically depends on its societies and a few of sponsors, so that's all the sources of our money. Real's president needn't spend their own $ on player market, they don't have this responsibility and tradition. So the $57M for Figo just will add the amount of our debt in the bank.:mad:....OK, if he can find us some real BIG new sponsors, things won't have problems, otherwise, he's pushing us to dead end:mad:.
About last year's expends, I didn't see something really wrong except Anelka's deal. (maybe plus Baljic)
But this year, if we really get Figo and ZZ, plus some defenders and rookies, that's CRAZY (I don't even dare to count the amount:()

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't understand how Barca can do it then. They are every bit as important as Real and get as many big name players (if not more) and they come out well without having their sponsors on their jerseys and other things of the sort.

I'm sorry but socios paying like 250 euros a year isn't going to even dent that budget. maybe they should try something new like sell lemonade. :)

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
My reply for this topic:

If Figo was admitting he could go to Real if Perez gets elected, the win would be in a bag. But for the ZZ part i think it's all just lies. Sorry but reality sucks ;)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Doesn't rality suck R&B?:mad: I talked to Dutch and he said, that the Figo crap is just crap. Figo wants to go to any team that will give him a huge salary. And now I'm even more worried, because Florentino has admitted Real are gonna pay for Luis. Man this sux! What is this fuc*ker doing? If I were voting I'd say - mr Perez, you want my vote you pay for one big star from your own money. That's the condidtions he should get. I am sick of all this crap. Is there no really ich Madritista? Where have all thos morons gone? I guess it's true that money goes to your head. I'm sorry, but if I had 500 mln $, I would pump at least half of it into the club. I know it's easy for me to say, but Perezs' remark really pisses me off. First he bangs Sanz for the debts, he makes it bigger than ever before, than he starts giving us bull about Figo and Zidane, and in the end he sais, Real are gonna pay for them both! What the **** is this! I am major pissed now! I really am jealous of Barca, no moeny problems and in reality they could buy anyone in the world, the only thing againstthem is the fact they are a sh|t club and everyone hates them:D Finishing this off, is a very dissapointed and mad labas. I need a vaction, people:D

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
My two cents worth of thought..

If you will to look at this deal financially, it's definitely a big NO-NO. We're already so heavily in debt and it looks like if Anelka is to go, it'll only be a fraction of what we paid Arsenal. Instead of Figo, I might as well go far some real $$ puller like Nakata. Look at what he did for Perugia and is now doing for Roma. Moreover he can pull some local support when we play our Continental Cup in Japan later this year.. heehee :p
Look at the Figo deal from a club point of deal I'll raise both hands and say YES YES. Why? With Figo we can have more threat on our right wing (which I see is a weak link when Salgado's not around). Moreover Figo can operate across the middle and to the left too. Then he's more of a team player than Anelka so there might be less trouble for the club and squad. He's also EU player which won't further burden our non-EU foreign player list. So he's a definite big plus to our squad.
And to Pablo75, I don't have the details of Barca's balance but you must consider the Nou Camp sits around 110,000 when the Bernabeu is about 30,000 less. Plus the fact that they don't have the mismanagement we had before Sanz came in.. I think if we disregard the outstanding debts we had for the last five years, our revenue growth rate might comparable to Barca in making revenues (considering we had better showings in CL competitions).
Actually what I really afraid of is that should Perez gets elected and Figo never comes over (remember all these years in Barca should have make him into a Catalonia already), damn! I interpret his latest abstain of comments (http://zoomsoccer.com/news/SPAIN/963058548.tf.html) as just a wish not to become an item in these elections politics.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Has any one seen the financial statement? Are the published on line?
I understand Perez and Sanz differ on the amount. Is the debt created for tax purposes? Is it long term or short term. The club is making money and the bits of info I hear regarding the debt can some ways be distorted. Very strong corporation know how to handle the book to project loss to prevent heavy taxation. Please dont jump to conclusions regarding the financial state of the club becuz I would bet that last year the clubs income statement and balance sheet showd a loss. If anyone can give me insight to any of these questions...thanks

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can't become a Catalonia :)
First, Salgado will be around as long as Sanz is in power (He just married his daughter, he isn't going anywhere).

I definitely share Labas' frutrations.

Intersting comments from Sanz yesterday from http://www.onefootball.com

Presidential candidates in Figo spat
Saturday 8th July 2000

Confusion surrounded the future of Luis Figo on Saturday when Barcelona’s outgoing president Josep Lluis Nunez suggested that the Portugal midfielder was bound for Real Madrid – only for the Bernabeu club’s own supremo Lorenzo Sanz to claim that his club were more likely to sign German
supermodel Claudia Schiffer.

The speculation – which has also thrown up the possibility of France maestro Zinedine Zidane leaving Juventus for the Spanish capital – started as a result of the presidential election at Real.

At the heart of it is candidate Florentino Perez, who is trying to drum up support with a series of ever-more outrageous boasts about who will join Real – should he be elected instead of incumbent Lorenzo Sanz.

The first official indication from Barcelona that Figo will leave the Nou Camp this summer came on Saturday from Nunez, who insisted that the "club cannot be mortgaged for just one player".

Instead, he shifted attention to what Barca might do with the £60 million in transfer money they are expected to get from the sale and the departure of Dutch players signed by the club's former manager Louis van Gaal – now in charge of Holland.

Nunez was keen to stress that, even without Figo, Barca would prosper. "It will not be bad for Barcelona if Figo leaves," he said. "[Michael] Laudrup and [Bernd] Schuster both went to Real Madrid and nothing happened to us. With
the money we will earn from Figo we can buy Zidane, Beckham or Totti."

Madrid, too, are keen to land Zidane, who has indicated he would like to play in Spain.

Spanish billionaire Perez has bolstered his election campaign by claiming to have struck a deal with the Frenchman.

Zidane only signed a new deal with Juventus towards the end of last season – tying him to Turin until 2005 – but the Italian giants are keen to prise Nicolas Anelka from Madrid and could be willing to do business.

"He [Zidane] has said on many occasions that he likes Spain," the player's agent Alen Migliaccio told Spanish daily Marca. "His wife is Spanish. I have no doubt that, if he leaves Italy, it would be to play in Spain."

Press reports claim that Figo has already received an advance of £2 million from the Perez camp and signed a clause under which he would pay £15 million if he breaks the agreement.

But Sanz hit back on Saturday, ahead of the presidential ballot on July 16, dismissing the Figo and Zidane talk as "a joke, probably to be followed by the signing of Claudia Schiffer".

Speaking to Real supporters' club members in Barcelona, Sanz suggested that Perez would not be able to finance such a deal.

"If Figo comes and earns £5 million annually, I'd like to know what would happen in the dressing room with the players with figures like those," he said.

"Signing Figo isn't only very expensive for the interests of Real Madrid, but would first make our biggest rivals richer, putting among us a man who has always looked down on us. Nobody on the coaching staff has advised the signing of Figo," Sanz added.

He urged voters not to be swayed by speculative plans for the club’s future, but to look at the reality of his own record at the club, which includes two Champions' League triumphs.

"Nobody can prevent me from appearing, like Santiago Bernabeu, in the golden history book of the club," he said

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Sanz is the MAN!!!

From what he said, I see SENSE!
Yep, we should try to get ZZ if it is possible. Yet Figo, it's a nice addition, but it's not a necessary! And the BIGGEST problem exactly is that "We can't make our biggest rival richer!"

And Che, I can't answer your question, but it's probable, ppl always think of a way to escape taxes, but who can tell? But we must prevent something like happened in Independent of Argentina.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Well, Sanz at least hs his feet on the ground:D Perez is losing it himslef, making all these idiotic transfer ideas. Dumbass!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I personally like that last quote: "Nobody can prevent me from appearing, like Santiago Bernabeu, in the golden history book of the club,"

right on.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Yeah, after some days of thought I am starting to get over the hype. This guy is in trouble and needs a huge boost. He the comes up with a huge lie that cant be proved....Damn, i dont want this guy anymore. I want Figo ta say "i will come if Perez gets elected" and then i will support Perez...

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I think I rather have Claudia Shiffer than Figo.
She has a better set of legs! Except I dont think we can team her with Raul.

Madrid Pride.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Well, it loks to me like Perez is suddenly a 0% chance president:D It's over for the guy with that little commet. His last hope may be Zidane,. but he better make it quick:D

1 - 20 of 50 Posts