Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was the first game, there is 2 more to go in the group. We have poland and korea next. Just relax whats done is done and it is over, nobody can change that. Fact is we dont want to say this right now, but We do have a great team, and you think we are devestated, imagine goin into that locker room with rui costa and figo. This is going to be in their heads until monday. if we blow it against poland then im gonna feel the pressure. Right now im pissed justr as much as anybody, but its not gonna change nothing.

If there is one good thing that came out of this game was even though, we played like completly ****, we were in it to the end, and came close of tieing the game up. I think this might be a blessing in diusguise. Just believe.

And for COUTO5. Buddy, bro, dude, relax, and calmdown. Kid everyone that comes on this board regularly, knows u, and this aint u. Going to every post saying we are goin to lose, **** that, and **** what everyone else says about us. We are still in this mother ****er, believe everyone, esp. u couto

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
MAN

I am in tears, honestly.............. I am crying......... Italian members of my family are sendind me SMS's....... I am cut up,,,,,,,,,,,,, I aint being rude I am being honest !!!!!!!!!
POrtugal have built up a reputation , we are very good ......... we have the players,........USA !!!!!!!! AO made them look good !!... They are not ........

With the line up I picked we couldve won !!!! USA beat us with sh!t, Portugal werent honest !!!!! Oliveira , was Capucho more fit than Figo ???????? my answer is yes !!!!!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive got my hands on my head still, thinking of the second goal, and saying what the **** happened. We are all devestated, ur not the only one understand.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I don't want to go to work today. I work with about a billion Italians that are going to eat me up and spit me out.

On the bright side, Poland will learn from watching Portugal-U.S and may come up with a surprising result. Portugal will be hungry versus Poland and South Korea and this time around the midfielders will help out the defense.

My prediction:

U.S.A vs Portugal= win USA
U.S.A vs South Korea= win USA
U.S.A vs Poland= tie

Total: 7 points
-------------------------------------------------

Portugal vs U.S.A= win USA
Portugal vs South Korea=win Portugal
Portugal vs Poland=win Portugal

Total: 6 points

--------------------------------------------------

Poland vs South Korea= win South Korea
Poland vs U.S.A= tie
Poland vs Portugal= win Portugal

Total: 1 point
--------------------------------------------------

South Korea vs Poland= win South Korea
South Korea vs U.S.A= win USA
South Korea vs Portugal= win Portugal

Total: 4 points

And this gets better: the worst case scenario is if South Korea beats Portugal, then we're cooked.

But the other possibilites suggest we'll either go through by placing second or tieing South Korea but going through based on goal differential. So all's not lost.:)

M

·
0 Posts
Did anyone watch South Korea?? They were fast and they will rip Couto and Costa to shreds we are goign out if we cant beat the USA then we dont deserve to go through! And even if we sneak trough in second we will face Italy who will beat us 6-0 easy!:(

·
Registered
323 Posts
And even if we sneak trough in second we will face Italy who will beat us 6-0 easy!
let me tell you i hope we go out now because if we play italy and lose like today i will have to move out of town and probably out of canada... i will not be able to walk out the door with the italians here on my heels, it will be hell:confused: :eek:

·
Registered
988 Posts
You can move to MIssouri eman ;) :) I'll even let you stay in our house :) at least it will 2 portuguese against an American, my husband has been rubbing in :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
couto5. i feel for you bro, i look like an idiot right now with my dyed hair and my figo jersey, i actually almost cried. i was so freaking close, but you know what stopped me, the fact that this will do portugal good. blessing in disguise is right. we have to take this loss and think positive. and ogolo is right, imagine the players, especialy Figo, his first and last WC appearance.

the way i look at it, let the USA soak up this win, they needed it. hopefully it will revive "the american soccer spirit".

as for the portuguese players and us fans. we lost, we are down, but we will never be out. they may beat us, but they will never take away our pride.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Por2gal said:
couto5. i feel for you bro, i look like an idiot right now with my dyed hair and my figo jersey, i actually almost cried. i was so freaking close, but you know what stopped me, the fact that this will do portugal good. blessing in disguise is right. we have to take this loss and think positive. and ogolo is right, imagine the players, especialy Figo, his first and last WC appearance.

the way i look at it, let the USA soak up this win, they needed it. hopefully it will revive "the american soccer spirit".

as for the portuguese players and us fans. we lost, we are down, but we will never be out. they may beat us, but they will never take away our pride.
No One can feel what I am feeling !!!!!!!!! We are all diffrent !!!!!
We have diffrent ways of expressing oursleves !!!!
I dont care !!!!!!
Right now we are in the same Position as the Australian cricket team were in the last Cricket world Cup !!!!!!!

Win 6/6 !!! that is it !!!!!!!! No more , anything less , your out !!!!!!

A mighty achievement !! We had USA under the pump from the 40 minute mark but the damage was done !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
guys.....we have to have faith....i'm 29 years old am about to throw up....i'm married to an Italian....living in my italian brother in law's house...on a street made up of mostly italians in Maple who's italian population is huge....now I'M in deep ****e...but if i give up now i have to wait until the Euro to support my team...they will beat Poland....they will beat Korea....i have to believe....and then let's worry about italy.....but right now it's one game at a time....

please portugal make me proud.....

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
icarus7 said:
guys.....we have to have faith....i'm 29 years old am about to throw up....i'm married to an Italian....living in my italian brother in law's house...on a street made up of mostly italians in Maple who's italian population is huge....now I'M in deep ****e...but if i give up now i have to wait until the Euro to support my team...they will beat Poland....they will beat Korea....i have to believe....and then let's worry about italy.....but right now it's one game at a time....

please portugal make me proud.....
PORTUGAL NT !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lets do it for Icarus !!!!!!

Lets win 3 in a row so he can put it up the italians in his street & Home !!!!!!!

& after that take it a game at a time !!!!!!

I know what your feeling dude , but I have a more pro Portugal street ;)

Lets getting it going for Icarus !!!!!!!

M

·
0 Posts
There is no chance we will beat Italy Unless Beto and Canavaro come up with the goods!;)

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Now I really know where the saying "Misery Loves Company" comes from.

This day has been hell for me, and it's only 2:00. I can't believe it. It's just a sport, but it is really tearing me up. It still doesn't seem real. Part of me want to just give up and say Portugal is not meant to be there - that they don't have the composure or whatever it is that it takes to succeed in a high pressure world stage environment. But then I look at this game again - and they did not play anything like they are capable of!!! I don't want to deny the Americans their celebration, but in all honesty they won because of our incompetence, not their skill. It was like someone cast a spell on Portugal. And the press reports are not in the least comforting. Figo says they made "basic mistakes" but were fit. Oliveira says the Americans were more fit. He adds that Portugal didn't have as much time to prepare and just desperately tried for a tie but couldn't get any luck. Is this ****er kidding me??? Two years of qualifying, some of the best players on earth, this is their last chance - AND THAT'S THE BEST OLIVEIRA CAN COME UP WITH???? I'm not a violent guy, but this makes me want to smash my fist in the wall, or better yet his face. This is the guy who said they had to stop playing pretty and play to win. I honestly don't know if I can even watch on the 10th. If I see Couto or Costa standing around, huffing and puffing while the other team advances on our goal, I think I'm gonna lose it. Ditto for butter-feet Pauleta. I'm sorry but I never even dreamed I could feel this disgusted and disappointed with a sports performance. For my own health I think I'm going to destroy the tape.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
"First I was afraid, I was petrified, kept thinking how am I going to defend against the Americans and I kept thinking I could never play without Abel Xavier in defence...but then we spent the next five nights thinking what the hell went wrong AND WE ALL GREW STRONG...we learned how to get along...and now we're back from Suwon, we went into the Polish locker room and you should have seen the look on the faces, they knew we had built confidence, they knew we found our knees, and we grew STRONG and now the world is backing Portugal!!!!! Oh now go, walk out the door, turn around now, go back to Poland...we should've played Nuno Frechaut, were'nt you the team that threatened to beat us on the 14th but now you've crumbled and succumbed to Portugal...OH...NO.....NOT.....WE.....we will survive, as long as we don't play Vitor Baia you know we'll come out alive, we shouldn't changed defence men in the 8th minute, we should have played Litos in defence but now we STRONGER and we're going to beat South Korea...

luh luh luh luh luh, luh luh, luh luh luh luh, luh luh luh luh, luh luh luh luh luh luh luh luh lalalalalalalalalalaluuuuuuuuhhhhhh, luh, luh lalalalalalalalluhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh luh luh luh luh luh, luh luh luh luh luh LUH, luh luh luh luh, luh luh luh luh luh luhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, luh luh luh lalalalalalalala luuuuuhhhhhhhhhh, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

(continue above x 5)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Couto5....thanks buddy....right now i need friends who can understand my pain....and it's pain...i can't even concentrate at work...my staff are afraid of me today because I look like i want to kill someone....i have a game tomorrow night...i feel sorry for the other team as I'm going to take my aggression on them....i want Portugal to do it for me, for Couto5, Pila, Manuel,Ogolo, Tinto,Por2gal, eman and everyone else who bleeds portuguese..whether we're in Portugal, or Canada, US, Australia it doesn't matter...we all bleed for this team...

3 in a row baby...let's do it....Poland, Korea, Italy whoever....Portugal can do it....that is why everyone is so shocked by the result...because they all know that we can beat anyone on any given day....

FORCA PORTUGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Fee-go...i didn't know you were musically inclined???

instead of the Portuguese national anthem they should have Fee-go sing his song....good job buddy;) :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
You can move to MIssouri eman I'll even let you stay in our house at least it will 2 portuguese against an American, my husband has been rubbing in
hi dulce!

i am on my way!!!:howler:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts