Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today Roberto Carlos of the Brazilians took a shot at the Turkish saying there no good and there only making up numbers :(. Many people don't expect turkey to do good and are not treating them farely.

Just yesterday in Canada, we have a WC preview and they were talking about Turkey and the NT goalie who was on that show said he seen Turkey lose to England @ England in 1987, 8-0 and said that "No one would want to go to Turkey and play" and later added "There hostile" (hostile like Albania? Iran? Iraq....so forth?)

Im not very happy with this kinda talk :(

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Ah, RC is an arrogant guy. He can sat what he wants, and people know he is exagerating:rolleyes:

While the Turkish crowds are passionate, and sometimes cross the line, it is not exactly as the guy says.

And our team has progressed greatly in the past 10 years, I guess we will have to surprise some people with our play;)

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
The problem with our NT is this: Although our opponents underestimate us, our stars overestimate us.

Because of the loud mouths of some of our better players, we are unable to become a low-profile team that will shock Brazil;)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want turkey to succeed.... :)

Brazil in my opinion is still jinx! :)

Senegal 15 minute of fame is over! Its Turkeys turn! :)

When you playing them?

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
it will be 5am in your time:) (if you are in Eastern time)

Hopefully, it will be more then 15 minutes of fame;)
Really looking forward to the match

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yeah, the biggest victory I've seen for Turkey is the win in Belgium at Euro 2000. A win against Brazil at the WC Cup would blow my mind.

If Turkey plays Portugal at Euro 2004, that will make 3 straight. We've won the first 2, although if Turkey would have scored on their penalty at Euro 2000, things would have been interesting.

I'll be cheering for Brazil, but good luck to Turkey. I predict 2-0 or 3-1 for Brazil, depending on the nature of the game. If Turkey packs in the defense, then 2-0. If Turkey tries to counter,
then 3-1.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
1-0 so far.....second half left though.........

I hope we can hold on, really nervous for now:nervous:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2-1 is the final! Brazil takes the first game, but it was a close one too!

Rivaldo and Ronaldo both scored for Brazil and Sus scored for Turkey!

not bad, not bad at all! :)

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Yeah, we had a good performance, and Rustu was excellent. Umit Ozat did a decent job as well:)

But it should have been a draw:rolleyes: That foul by Alpay was not in the damn penalty box.

·
*the drum drum*
43,173 Posts
I wish I played in this game...
If I did, I would have swapped shirts with a Brazilian, and then given my new Brazilian jersey to the referee :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
I think that there were will be a sharp decline in sales for Rivaldo's jersey in Turkey;)

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Rivaldo put a very solid performance in the field, both for playing and acting:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
His acting was probably a bit better though. He worked well with Ronaldo on the field and gave him some nice passes, and at times he showed why he is so good.

But we will remember the acting the most:rolleyes:

·
*the drum drum*
43,173 Posts
Rivaldo played as bad as he acts...
If that 90 minutes of Rivaldo is worth $50m, then Yildiray's 60 minutes was worth $200m...
And Hasan, well, I'd say about $199m...:D

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
He got some good crosses to ronaldo, and fired a few decent shots. But Hasan impressed me a lot. He can spin around the Brazilians, so I am sure that he can spin around the Chinese and the Ticos (if Gunes does not substitute him:tongue: )

1 - 16 of 16 Posts