Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to post a thread like this because I feel this is a season of GKs from smaller teams. We can read every year about Buffons, Toldos, Didas or Peruzzis but this is finally a season which is owner by others. But maybe it's just me and you have a different opinion.

Please post the best 5 GKs in Serie A, the best gets 5 points, the fifth gets 1 and explain also why you decided to vote for them.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
BEST GOALKEEPERS

1. Dida (Milan) Solid year again
2. Frey (Parma) done some spectacular things this season
3. Buffon (Juventus) only good man in a crap tam of late
4. Pelizzoli (Roma) Solid year for us in goal
5. Antonioli (Sampdoria) between he and De Sanctis, I chose him for some outstanding performances.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Pagliuca! No question he has been the best! :stuckup: Italian 2nd best behind Buffon.
2. Frey is the most talented but still needs something.
3. Dida is something extra.
4. Marchegiani. As I remember he has stopped 5 penalties, I can't believe he had been no.2 in Lazio for so many years.
5. Pelizzoli. He grows. :)

Special thanks: Sicignano, Buffon, Antoniolli and Kalac.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I forgot Pagliuca :rolleyes: oh well just keep my 5 anyway.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
1) Buffon. It is impossible for this man not to be the best.

2) Frey. It takes a blind man to not see his explosive performances this season.

3) Dida. Solid season - but it has more to do with the defence lined up in front of him rather than his own ability in my opinion.

4) De Sanctis. Fine, fine year.

5) Pagliuca. The old fox is still alive and kicking.

·
Registered
985 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
3) Dida. Solid season - but it has more to do with the defence lined up in front of him rather than his own ability in my opinion.
It's a two-way influence I think. It makes a defence better when they know they have a solid goalkeeper behind them, and it makes a goalkeeper better when he knows he can rely on a solid defence.

1. Dida: Especially because of the way he grew from quite mediocre to an impressive, solid GK
2. Frey: Everybody knows he has the talent, and it's really starting to show
3. Buffon: Best Italian GK, no doubt
4. Pagliuca: Unlike the Seamans of this world he's one of those examples that shows GK are a bit like wine, the older they get the better they become:)
5. Close one between several GK's IMO, I opt for Antoniolli, always liked him

·
Registered
70 Posts
1.Dida-brilllant keeper.
2-frey-milan should get this guy after dida.
3- De sanctis- very solid
4-buffon-no matter what this man will always be on the top.
5-perruzi- the heart of lazio.;)

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
1 = Pelizzoli

better then Dida and Buffon this year...not even close

i dont see the others often enough to say....i know De Sanctis has been good and Frey also...but my number 1 is listed.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
1st. Pagluica...Bologna would be in the relegation zone without him. I wish Trap is noticing...because if he isn't then dear god...he is good enough for the national team...maybe even ahead of Buffon. :dazed:

2nd. Frey...he makes atleast 2-3 very very important saves per game...:star:

3rd. Dida has and is having a very very good season...except for lapse here and there at times due to him or the defense he has been excellent...and consistent.

4th. De Sanctis...what can you say he should probably be Italy's 3rd choice keeper.

5th. Pelizzoli has been excellent...there was a period earlier in the season where he let in no goals...then came Roma's bad patch which ruined it all. None the less he is very solid and has been excellent.

·
Registered
57,711 Posts
1- Pagliuca..Everytime i watch Bologna this man is saving their ass. Even in weekly highlights, he always does brilliant saves for a man of his age. The ex-Interista gets my vote for 2003-04 GK of the season. :)

2- Pelizzoli..Great reflexes and developed a lot. Reliable.

3- Peruzzi..Like Pagliuca, he still has some magic in his hands. He's fat :pp but still makes wonderful saves. Lazio don't have A Nesta or a Samuel in their centre-back pairing so he's done pretty well this season when he's available.

4- Frey..Saves impossible stuff. I Agree that he's the most talented of them all.

5- Marchegiani..A Wall.

As for De Sanctis, he was better last season. MUCH better. Kalac makes some good saves but he commits fatal errors sometimes. Antonioli has been good but not special. I Can't forget the goal Gilardino scored at the Stadio Marassi. ;)

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
XT - GK of the season
30 - Frey (Parma)
27 - Dida (Milan)
21 - Pagliuca (Bologna)
18 - Buffon (Juventus)
12 - Pelizzoli (Roma)
8 - Marchegiani (Chievo), De Sanctis (Udinese)
5 - Belardi (Reggina)
4 - Peruzzi (Lazio)
2 - Antonioli (Sampdoria)

So Frey has been the best according to us. It's interesting because nobody picked him as his first choice. Great year for Pagliuca and Pelizzoli.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
1. Buffon - Best in the world of course, stood up in recent disappointments.

2. Frey - Living up to the potential he has with great performances throughout

3. Pagliuca - Great to see the old codger performing some great matches in a troubled team

4. Dida - Now a European champion, great season, has come a long way since making howlers against Leeds 3 seasons ago

5. Peruzzi - Another old codger who has been performing greatly the past couple of seasons

Honourable mentions to the likes of Pelizzioli and De Sanctis. I would love to say Kalac is up there to he is great but as Nerazzuri4life said he makes some erros every now and then :(

·
Registered
57,711 Posts
Nerazzuri4life said:
1- Pagliuca..Everytime i watch Bologna this man is saving their ass. Even in weekly highlights, he always does brilliant saves for a man of his age. The ex-Interista gets my vote for 2003-04 GK of the season. :)
Against Inter the old man saved Bologna from an embarrassing loss. He was saving shots from Adriano all the time from different angles. Not to blame for any of the 4 goals btw.

Guys, how about updating this thread every week ? I Mean, if someone has the chance to watch one of his nominees in action, he should tell us how this certain goalie performed. ;)

Buffon played like crap against his old club.

·
Registered
45,552 Posts
If we just consider this season:

1) Dida (Milan) - hardly a mistake (I remember just one vs Depo in CL), solid, fntastic saves
2) Frey (Parma) - he saved everything during both matches vs Samp, he had few bad days
3) Antonioli (Sampdoria) - few enormous mistakes (vs Milan, Lecce and Parma) and lots of fantastic saves. If it was not for those huge 2-3 bad mistakes...
4) Buffon (Juventus) - far from his best. Regular, no mistakes but many goals conceded.
5) Pagliuca (Bologna) - catlike. He conceded many goals but above all cause the defense of Bologna is crappy to say the least and he has to do his best. I have in my eyes a formidable save on the header of Bazzani... incredible save, I'd say "the save of the season"

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
ToniSamp said:
4) Buffon (Juventus) - far from his best. Regular, no mistakes but many goals conceded.
Well you could blame him for the goal on the weekend...Parma's first goal.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts