1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pennant eyes permanent Leeds deal

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=294923&cc=3436

-------------

oh i luved the lad, he played great football at arsenal, and expecially at leeds.

why does he want to leave us but??? pires is ageing ( mind you i REALLY look far ahead ) and willy is most likely going. so we need more cover in the midfield.

however with that kinda attitude where he doesnt want to come back and rather stay at a club like leeds i say let him be? you cant envoke the same pride that henry and edu has for the club in him no more, his really arrogant. man if i were to play for arsenal, i'd drop my pants and go now. butttt i suck at football in real life lol, however id like to think i am the next henry....

but this is the end for pennant? or shall we see AW bring him back and start rotating him and pires once in a while ??

i mean AW uses gilberto as a winger!!! god...i rather pennant play on that winger rather then gilberto :rolleyes:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
he hasn't got the mental toughness to be an Arsenal player,i mean saying he was only ten minutes late is like a red rag to a bull for Wenger.

Wenger is obsessed with good timekeeping,every training session is timed to the second,if Henry and Vieira can be on time why can't Pennant ? the kid thinks he has made it when he hasn't proved a thing.

He has got no chance of making it with his attitude,i hope he matures in time though and has a good career,unfortunately it won't be with us. :(

over to you Jacke,to try to defend your son :D

·
Registered
886 Posts
Ok, here we go :D

Pennant? Who is he sell the twat, Got no talent, no attitude and I’d prefer to have Niel Ruddock on the wing instead of him !!!!!!!!:D :D .

No seriously, I've already given my opinion on the matter. He is Very Very talented. He only has himself to blame if he won't become the player he could have been BUT Wenger got to ask himself if he could have given him more protection. After all it can't be easy to know how to behave when you all of a sudden got everything every guy dream of, Money, fame, chicks etc at an age of 20. I certainly don’t know how I would react to all that
:eek:

·
63,337 Posts
Jacke Sigfridsson said:
Ok, here we go :D

BUT Wenger got to ask himself if he could have given him more protection. After all it can't be easy to know how to behave when you all of a sudden got everything every guy dream of, Money, fame, chicks etc at an age of 20. I certainly don’t know how I would react to all that
:eek:
Wenger hasn't got to ask himself anything,he has Reyes,Ljungberg,Henry,Pires all turning up on time everyday and behaving like professionals,Pennant is the exception to this,what does that tell you ?

even Lee Dixon moaned,just admit it,the kid is a young rude boy and a waster,to want to stay at Leeds says it all,he thinks he has already achieved it and is satisfied to just be a professional footballer ,he doesn't have the attitude and desire to become a Champion like the others do.

I know it's hard to slag off you own flesh and blood Jacke,but i think you should try and see the truth.

YOUR BOY IS NO GOOD,He's a poseur and a waster :D

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Arsenal don't need him in the current set-up do they ? Pennant is one of those wingers that give you width on the park, while Arsenal seem to like emplying wingers who can cut inside more.

Although tactics may obviously change. But then I guess you can egt someone new and better.

·
63,337 Posts
yes but i think Wenger had an idea to play him as a second striker,he played there a lot with Aliadiere in the reserves and youth teams,this was before he realised that Pennant was a lairy biy with a lazy attitude of course.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
it is sad to see this, i rememebr like 5 - 6 years ago when Arsenal bought him for £2million, he was like the next new star of english football, just like Rooney now, and now he is like 20 or so years old and he has done nothing in his carrer and he is gonig to a Leeds who are nearly relegated...

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Well, it's sad to see a good talent like Pennant leaves us. But somehow I already knew that he isn't going to be with us in the future. Everytimes I heard something about him, it's always negative. I must admit that, for a young player, he really has problem with his attitude. He is only 20 years old and he had some nerves to drive when he was drunk, this is not the right personality we expect from our future prospects.

But I do believe that we should look for Pires replacement. Wenger used to be interested with Robin van Persie. I think he is a good player. Or we can persuade Barça to loan Quaresma with option to buy for us. :D

·
Registered
886 Posts
You certainly got a point in that Wenger has built a team of Winners at The Arsenal, and of course, If he doesn't feel that Pennant got the right mentality, Than he can't have him in the squad. The question I still ask though, is if Wenger etc have tried hard enough to get him on the right track. Even though I know you think that everyone has to take care of themselves and don't have realised that team mates managers are there to help when you need it Jern :tongue: , I'm saying that without knowing what they have done for him of course :cool: Just wondering :rolleyes:

·
63,337 Posts
well no we don't know whether Wenger has tortured him with a burning stick,racially abused him,molested him or on the other hand he could have taken him in as his son,given him all the love in the world and treated him to an all expenses paid holiday in Bali.

so what are we trying to achieve by debating it ?

it's just there is twenty professionals at the club who hugely respect Wenger,others who have left are the same,now Wenger can't be responsible for all the prospects caremhe has a first team squad to keep happy so he must delegate.

Wenger aint there nanny,and only spends twenty hours a week with them,i find it a bit stupid that we are trying to blame him for Pennant's stupidity when players like Cole,Aliadiere and Bentley have caused no trouble under the exact same methods.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Wenger knows well the adage which says
Easy come Easy go

Pennant has the talent but he has much arrogance
he wants Wenger to sideline Ljungberg to play instead of

and he says I'm great, make room for my arrival, no one can play like me

he wants a regular first team position when he's 20
and the team full of great players

no thanks we don't need you
we can mange what we want without you

and you can make what you want with your gangs team (leeds united previously )

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have to agree with jern.

one thing i luv about arsenal is how we really are a TEAM. the love all the players have and unity. if pennant is going to distrupt that, then just rack off.

this is really the end of pennant.

i just want a good price for him

·
Registered
886 Posts
Me against the rest :fero: COME ONE, I'LL TAKE ON ALL YOU AT THE SAME TIME :fero:
Seriously though. As Jern said there's no point in speculating as we don't know what AW has done for/with him but clearly Wengers way of giving a lot of freedom and responsibility to his players works for most of them but maybe he should make exceptions. Anelka was the first one to not be able to cope with it and despite that half of the team (the non French player) thought he was an idiot (read Safe Hands) Wenger wanted to keep him. I still have so difficult to believe that somebody wouldn’t listen if someone like Wenger or Vieira, told you to shape up. But maybe that just me :rollani:

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jacke Sigfridsson said:
Me against the rest :fero: COME ONE, I'LL TAKE ON ALL YOU AT THE SAME TIME :fero:
Seriously though. As Jern said there's no point in speculating as we don't know what AW has done for/with him but clearly Wengers way of giving a lot of freedom and responsibility to his players works for most of them but maybe he should make exceptions. Anelka was the first one to not be able to cope with it and despite that half of the team (the non French player) thought he was an idiot (read Safe Hands) Wenger wanted to keep him. I still have so difficult to believe that somebody wouldn’t listen if someone like Wenger or Vieira, told you to shape up. But maybe that just me :rollani:
take jern first, he said he wants to be a SAMMY A, so think you'll get tired punching his fat. then i come in for the knock out cheap blow :happy:

·
63,337 Posts
Jermain Pennant just played gorgeous ball to Viduka for the goal,cut their defence in half,a pass that Dennis would be proud of. ;)

io Swift,my flab isn't grown that much yet,i have eaten 20 pies this week but i'm not in Fat Sams class just yet,i'll have to work harder at this lard munching :D

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jern Lizardhous said:
Jermain Pennant just played gorgeous ball to Viduka for the goal,cut their defence in half,a pass that Dennis would be proud of. ;)

io Swift,my flab isn't grown that much yet,i have eaten 20 pies this week but i'm not in Fat Sams class just yet,i'll have to work harder at this lard munching :D
jern you gotta post a pic up sometime please

1 - 16 of 16 Posts