Xtratime Community banner

Who should take the penalties in Athletic?

• Andoni Iraola

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iker Muniain

• Aritz Aduriz

• Markel Susaeta

• Beñat Etxebarria

• Kike Sola

• Carlos Gurpegi

• Gaizka Toquero

• Mikel San José

• Ander Iturraspe

• Óscar de Marcos

• Mikel Balenziaga

• Other

• Total voters
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today the worst team taking penalties..scored. I'm not too sure if Iker's penalty is well taken..anyway, who should take them?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I thought Iker's penalty was first class!...waited for the keeper to commit and chipped it down the middle.

Overall though,we really are awful at penalties and should have a designated taker who would practice the art in training.

Otherwise it should be a striker.It's a pretty poor lookout when a Centre Forward doesn't fancy himself to score from 12 yards.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I would be happy with Ander or Aymeric.

Ideally it should be someone who starts nearly every game and is unlikely to be subbed.

Most importantly,the player has to want the responsibility.

·
Registered
998 Posts
It's the mental power that matters the most and perhaps that's why we failed so many times in the past few years. Was surprised to see Iker taking the pen yesterday since he tends to fail at shooting in general, but he did a lot better than expected.

My pick would be Mikel Rico - mentally strong, experienced, decent technique, sense of responsibility.

Aymeric is also self-confident enough, sometimes even too much, which is due to his age I guess...

Third choice - San Jose. While I'm not too happy to see him on the pitch, he does have a cold-blooded way of scoring which is necessary.

Players like Iker, Ander and especially Susaeta seem a bit labile to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts