Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I'm looking for some information regarding the number of penalties that the teams in La liga has recived. It would be interesting to see if Barcelona and Real Madrid recives the same number of penalties.

Anyone who can help me?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
well of course they recieve more; this season we got a penalty against:
racing santander away (scored)
real madrid home (scored)

can't think of the others off the top of my head if there were any!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
we also got penalties (and scored on them) away to mallorca and at home against osasuna, so that's 4 in 13 matches for Barca...

EDIT: only the one against real seems to be clear cut imo. the other three are alle questionable, so I don't think you can argue that Barca has been unlucky/cheated in this department...
 

·
Freedom for all
Joined
·
16,851 Posts
sethwyatt9 said:
we also got penalties (and scored on them) away to mallorca and at home against osasuna, so that's 4 in 13 matches for Barca...

EDIT: only the one against real seems to be clear cut imo. the other three are alle questionable, so I don't think you can argue that Barca has been unlucky/cheated in this department...
Say what?

The only one that was debatable as a foul was the first, against Santander. And Whilst I personally thought it was very soft, I've yet to see or read about a commentator or pundit that said it wasn't a penalty. The 2 guys on Sky, the Sky pundits on the highlight show, the guys on Eurosport, all the newspaper reports, website reports, they all said the same thing.

The Mallorca one is a stonewaller, by anyone's account. I watched the clip again to makem sure I remembered it correctly, and they guy barged Ronaldinho all over the place. It's SUCH a stonewaller, we would even have got it in the Bernabeu!

The Osasuna one probably looks a lot more like a dive than it actually is because Ronaldinho doesn't fall over, after he is pushed he does a little leap into a roll forward. It's flamboyant as always, but it's not a "dive". He WAS pushed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Against Osasuna, Ronaldinho initiated the contact himself, and there was no way he could get to the ball, so he decided to go down, imo. it's obstruction at best (indirect fk), but probably nothing at all.

The Mallorca one is more of a penalty, I agree, after having looked at it a couple of times more. Still I think the way Ronnie goes down has a tendency to look suspect...

And against Santander there is no contact, imo, so no penalty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,765 Posts
Der Afro said:
Hi!

I'm looking for some information regarding the number of penalties that the teams in La liga has recived. It would be interesting to see if Barcelona and Real Madrid recives the same number of penalties.

Anyone who can help me?
www.lfp.es

Here you should get all that info, provided that you Know a bit of Spanish or can use altavista translator.
 

·
Freedom for all
Joined
·
16,851 Posts
sethwyatt9 said:
Against Osasuna, Ronaldinho initiated the contact himself, and there was no way he could get to the ball, so he decided to go down, imo. it's obstruction at best (indirect fk), but probably nothing at all.

The Mallorca one is more of a penalty, I agree, after having looked at it a couple of times more. Still I think the way Ronnie goes down has a tendency to look suspect...

And against Santander there is no contact, imo, so no penalty.
The clip I have clearly shows the guys arm pushing Ronaldinho away, and this clip is from roughly the point of view the ref would have had. The landing is irrelevant, penalties can be given for pushes in the box. I've seen softer, on many an occasion.

And hell, even if it HAD been completely non-existant, it's about time!
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top