Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pellegrini now holds the reigns of River

05/24/2002.

Manuel Pellegrini was presented on Thursday, as the new Technical Director of 2002 Clausura champions, River Plate. Pellegrini is leaving behind San Lorenzo, a place where Pellegrini has seen success. However club fell into financial troubles and failed to pay the Chilean coach. This caused much friction with Pellegrini and the board of directors of San Lorenzo. Many people thought that he would be moving to Boca Juniors at the beginning of the 2002 Clausura, but he remained at San Lorenzo. Pellegrini began his time at San Lorenzo in February 13 of 2001, when he signed a 1-year contract. The Los Cuervos went on to win the 2001 Argentine Clausura and the 2001 Copa Mercosur.

Ruben Dario Insua will be Pellegrini's replacement at San Lorenzo, but he will find a team that is debt ridden and selling any bright players to teams in Europe for more money. Pellegrini will have some of the same problems as he had in San Lorenzo, but he will have gems in Andres D'Alessandro and Fernando Cavenaghi. Pellegrini will make his River debut, when the team travels to the US and takes on the Los Angeles Galaxy on Wednesday, June the 26th in the Rose Bowl of Pasadena, California.

Great News........Im a River Fan way before Salas.....Vamos Ingeniero...you've got $$ecurity here plus the talent of so many young players.......Arriba Shileno !!!! ;););)

·
94,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pellegrini's Portofolio ................

Teams coached:
1987-1989 Universidad de Chile (Chile)
1990 Palestino (Chile)
1990-1991 Seleccion Sub 20 (Chile)
1992-1993 O'Higgins (Chile)
1994-1996 Universidad Catolica (Chile)
1998 Palestino (Chile)
1999-2000 Liga Universitaria (Ecuador)
2001- San Lorenzo de Almagro (Argentina)

Titles won:
Interamerican Cup - 1994 Universidad Catolica (Chile)
Chile's Cup 1995 Universidad Catolica (Chile)
Torneo Nacional 1999 Liga Universitaria (Ecuador)
Torneo Ecuatoriano 1999 Liga Universitaria (Ecuador)
Clausura title - 2001 San Lorenzo (Argentina)
Mercosur Cup - 2001 San Lorenzo (Argentina)

Not a Very EXTENSIVE curriculum, but a WINNING One !!!! :)

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Good news noth for River and Pelegrini,even if i prefered to see him with Chile...:(

·
94,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kostas said:
Good news noth for River and Pelegrini,even if i prefered to see him with Chile...:(
I would also like to see him in charge of Chile, but the Chilean Federation is an insane asylum, and no one wants to grab that bull by the horns...
I understand Pellegrini's refusal and I have to say that he's right, as much as I want him in charge of the Nats.

;)

Good Luck in River, BTW My favorite Team in Argentina, from way before even Marcelo Salas played there. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts