Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pelizzoli is a ok player, but lets face it, hes no top class keeper and WILL NEVER BE. We dont need a keeper to help us out in that moments our adversary get to shoot a weird one because of the lack of space. We need someone who can actually save us in the times of need. If we had a world class keeper for example get out of ROma vs Milan with a draw just fine.
Zotti is showinghimself a great promise. He has a big presence in the area, altough he still seems pretty immature Im sure he still hasa lot to learn. I say, let go Pelizzoli and get a world class keeper and keep Zotti close to us.

U guys wouldnt believe how easy it is to find great and cheap keepers in weird clubs...

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Pelizzoli hasnt done anything wrong... so we cant just sell him like that! Plus you seem to forget Pelizzoli is also very young and can improve with years, a goalie doesnt become his best until his 30's... Pelizzoli is just 23??? and with games and time he can become a very good goalie... he still seems too nervous in his goal, but he has great physique to be a grwat goalie... tall, agile, athletic... he is just not commanding and still makes some poor decisions (not so much this year)

Zotti is a good goalie, but these 2 goalies as our 2 for now is good enough... Plus we dont exactly have the money to start throwng it into positions we may not need players!!!!

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Pelizzoli has all what it takes to be a great goalie. He only needs more confidence and he's slowly gaining it this year. He has incredible reflexes and physique, with time he can only get better. His handling of crosses has improved a lot this year and his decision making too. No doubt the stable defence has helped him grow in confidence a lot which is just what he needs. Right now he's very good and will only get better with time. His record in Seria A speaks for itself-only six conceded goals and I don't think he was at fault at any of them. He's made some monstrous saves like the one against Modena at the end, the one against Juve from Nedved's low shot at the start of the second half, etc. I honestly can't think of any reason to sell him now when he started to fulfill his great promise.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
Boomer, your opinions keep getting more amazing as the weeks go by.

if we're gonna buy players we should get wingbacks (a left one especially) and an attacker.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I agree with Boomer.

Marcos (Palmeiras), Hilderbrand (Stuttgart) and Frey are great options who wouldn't cost much more than 5 - 7 million euros.

Pelizolli is doing so well because he has a great defense ahead of him. Just like you thought that Lima was fine until you started losing (typical Romanista arrogance that makes you think that you don't need Ferrari since you have Zebina, and Emerson for 30 million euros would be a bargain to Chelsea). Pellizoli is very weak. He had some fault in Sheva's first goal, that was clearly bad positioning.

Zotti is too green. Maybe he can become a good keeper but now he seems too eager and was at fault in Tomasson's goal today.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Roberto Gallo said:
I agree with Boomer.

Marcos (Palmeiras), Hilderbrand (Stuttgart) and Frey are great options who wouldn't cost much more than 5 - 7 million euros.

Pelizolli is doing so well because he has a great defense ahead of him. Just like you thought that Lima was fine until you started losing (typical Romanista arrogance that makes you think that you don't need Ferrari since you have Zebina, and Emerson for 30 million euros would be a bargain to Chelsea). Pellizoli is very weak. He had some fault in Sheva's first goal, that was clearly bad positioning.

Zotti is too green. Maybe he can become a good keeper but now he seems too eager and was at fault in Tomasson's goal today.
We dont have 5-7 Million Euros to splash out on a keeper, which despite what you think, is not a position we need to strengthen at the moment.

We need a striker and a winger. That is all.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I think you need a keeper more seriously than a striker. Montella is gonna get back sometime, he's class. Carew is going to stay until the end of the season, at least. So you have a great player for starting eleven in attack, and a average player for sub. In the GK department, you don't have a great player, not even an average one. Pelizolli is weak.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
As far as the winger goes, we could try out in more than one game D"Agostino. Keeper wise, Pellizoli is young but Buffon at 21 was cosidered one of the best already. Pellizoli is just like Carini. Great prospect but in all honesty he is a good keeper, nothing more. He aint no Tancredi for sure.
Zotti is immature now at times, but it all comes with experince and I think he can be also a good keeper. And I would never spend 5 mills for Marcos.

Maybe Costanzo.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Never seen Marcos play but for sure Frey is not great goalie.....have u seen him played against Juve and Reggina.......six goals conceeded and he can't barely touch the ball and wrong positioning....Peli and Zotti are better than him....

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Frey is another one. Inter got him when all French players were thought of as gods, and I always said that he is an average keeper. His worst season was probably Inter's. Anyone recall that Derby Milan Inter 7-0? That was so bad.
In Parma he is growing but its quite obvious that he will never be amazing. Good but not amazing. And yes I would not get him either when we got Pellizoli.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Oh my God, after hearing that you don't need Ferrari since you have the wonderful Zebina I have to see this....

It's your opinion, ok. But Frey is a world-class keeper and everyone recognizes that. Even the ones who might be against him, would rate him much higher than Pelizolli. At least outside this board...

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Just like you thought that Lima was fine until you started losing
I really doubt you'll find many people here who thought well of Lima at any time of the season.;)

Of course there's better keepers than Pelizzoli in the world, but not by a big margin. He's doing great right now and there's no need to be replaced. 7 millions could be spent much more wisely on a left wingback.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Actualli I did see a lot of Roma fans saying that Lima was doing well, that he was playing the best football of his career, that he was very important tactically to the team and other stuff.

Pelizolli never was great. He was just decent at his best, since he wasn't challenged because he has a very good defensive system ahead of him. So yes, the good keepers are much ahead of him and the world-class keepers like Marcos, Frey and Hilderbrand are MILES ahead of him.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
I don't agree he wasn't challenged, I don't know how many Roma games have you seen this year but he made quite a few vital saves. Of course the incredible defence helped him immensely, but still he must be given credit for his achievement-only 6 conceded goals in 16 games. The defence can be great but you can't concede so small amount of goals without a very good keeper IMO. Maybe withone of the very best keepers in the world in his place we could've conceded a goal less, but that hardly a big enough difference to waste our limited resources on a new keeper.

I've said it before that Pelizzoli's improving with every passing game, and with his superb reflexes and physique he can become one of the best in Italy. Definitely he's not miles behind the best keepers of the world IMO.

Lima on the other hand is light years behind the best wingbacks in the world, so our first priority should be to get someone to replace him. The only one on this forum who defended Lima was Francesco Totti BTW, all others have made our position clear nuemrous times and it's definitely not in Lima's favor. There were a few voices in Lima's favor on the Addicts board, but they were still a minority.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Yeah, maybe I got this feeling that you were saying good things about Lima because of the other forum. I wasn't posting here until recently.

The fact is, I don't see Pelizoli saving Roma like I see Peruzzi, Buffon, Toldo and Frey saving their teams with fantastic saves. These guys make 2-3 incredible saves at average per match. And I don't remember Pelizoli's last great save, I just remember he was bad positioned in Sheva's first goal in the league match. And this is in a time you say he has been in great form...

Maybe GK is not the position you need the most. But it is a position you need, IMO. More than a striker, since you have a great player like Montella, and you guys constantly keep saying that you need a striker. It's just a waste to pay 8 million euros on Carew permanently when you could buy Frey for less than that.

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
Montella is great but he's injury prone and almost 30 already, Carew is a good sub player but doesn't deserve to be a starting striker and Delvecchio is out of it. our keepers while not the best are doing a good enough job while our strike force is not doing its job well enough. our play maker is our top scorer and Mancini scored only one goal less than Montella and the same amount that Carew scored, hell even our supporting forward, Cassano, scored as much as Carew and only one less than Montella.

we need a Sheva kinda striker who’d score constantly for us and remain a huge threat to our opponents, like Bati was, more than we need a new keeper IMO, and since Montella can’t play all our games and will have to retire eventually we need to go young talented striker shopping. Fernando Cavenaghi is a name that comes to mind and we might be able to sign him for what we'd pay for Carew, though I doubt it since we'll have to fight Juve and Valencia for him.

we need that and we need a left winback to complete our starting unit.

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Roberto Gallo said:
Yeah, maybe I got this feeling that you were saying good things about Lima because of the other forum. I wasn't posting here until recently.

The fact is, I don't see Pelizoli saving Roma like I see Peruzzi, Buffon, Toldo and Frey saving their teams with fantastic saves. These guys make 2-3 incredible saves at average per match. And I don't remember Pelizoli's last great save, I just remember he was bad positioned in Sheva's first goal in the league match. And this is in a time you say he has been in great form...

Maybe GK is not the position you need the most. But it is a position you need, IMO. More than a striker, since you have a great player like Montella, and you guys constantly keep saying that you need a striker. It's just a waste to pay 8 million euros on Carew permanently when you could buy Frey for less than that.
Pelizzoli made some brilliant saves in 1-0 wins over Modena and Perugia. Both games were within the past month.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Hey Robbie Cock, Pellizoli is not Buffon but to say that Frey and the others are MILES ahead of him its plan wrong.
Pellizoli was never thought of as amazing, he is a good keeper.
Lima is not amazing but he is not a bad player, he is average, better than any Corradi or Lopez or Couto. And as far as defence, talk about Zebina, the guy is a great player, he grew a lot technicaly and he only gets better.
So pls, worry about your team, not ours.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
ItalianBoy, I worry about what I want to and as long as I don't break the rules here, I'll keep posting. This is no Roma Addict where the ****ing moderators play Mussolini and everyone claps. I'm here to discuss about football and no one complained about that just because I'm a laziale. Go tell your momma what to do.

And yeah, Lima better than Lopez...yeahhhhh!!! You know a lot about football!

For the others, I'll reply about the subject of discussion later...

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Look Gallo, drop the attitude that as a Lazziale you can not pretend to have. I was banned from Roma-Addict and I dont like the place, so I dont see why you bring it up. I agree with you there. Lima is a different player than Lopez but yes, I personally woudl choose Lima for what he does over sucky Lopez. Opinions, I could say you know jack ass about football for that.

As a Roma fan and Lazio fan we would probably argue about anything, however, if so, keep the stupid stuff for YOUR momma.
Until I dont break the rules, I'll keep posting here too, and I hope to post with respectful people.
Ciao cockman

1 - 20 of 47 Posts