Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this guy is the greatest player ever but of the things he say is just incomprehensible to say the least. In the past 2 years it is clear that he is a big England fan (or at least he says so because he has many friends there) and it's no surprise that he tipped England to win Euro2000. But he made a strange comment on Holland's chances
"My worry is that he (Rijkaard) has included Edgar Davids and Clarence Seedorf in the midfield and Marc Overmars and Dennis Bergkamp in attack. This does not seem like the way to win games," he said.
What on earth could he mean? These were the guys he tipped before the WC semi to beat his own Brazil and reach the final. He must be getting old....

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Just psychological warfare. Rijkaard might consider getting one of those guys out, and if he does (except for Seedorf) we lose, and England wins. Yeah right Pele. If I had a company sponsoring you, you'd say I'd be the revelation of the tournament!

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Pele was probably in England so he said England would win it, when he's somewhere else he will say that they will win it.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chivu,
u might be right but Pele is a big fan of Micheal Owen and Beckham (why I donno...because I cant see why a Brazillian would rate an Englishman so highly when they have the likes of Ronaldo and Rivaldo at their disposal)....that is why he thinks England will do well. Plus...he even thinks, apart from himself, Bobby Charlton (English) is the greatest player ever....better than Maradona, Cruyff, De Stefano and George Best!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
haha...such a scary topic...originally I thought Pele said Holland will win the Tournment, then that will be horrible cuz he never got right on psychic things.

So if he said England will be the champion, well, god "bless" England...

Who can tell, a great player may not be a great critic....and what I know is Pele is really sooooo weak as a fortune teller.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last year in November when Holland was to play Brazil in a friendly Pele said Holland and Brazil were the best two teams in the world, were technically far more superior than other nations even world champions France.

He's tipping England to win Euro 2000?
He also wants England to host the 2006 WC, why doesn't he just live there?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts