Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An absolutely appaling and scandalous performance last night, one of the worst thefts I've ever seen.

- sending off Cordoba even if he WAS NOT the last man and letting Zambrotta and Ferrara get away with yellow for simillar fouls

-a stonewall penalty not given to Inter at 1-1 for a foul on Emre (even Rai commentators were shocked)

-the area 25 meters and closer to Juve's goal was declared a free-fire zone for Juve defenders where they could kick, hit and trip Adriano and Vieri without any fear that the ref would give a foul

-every 50-50 decision went in Juve's favour

-prolongation of both extra time periods for no reason whatsoever, so that Inter players would be absolutely knackered come penalties

- did not let Inter take the last corner fearing that Adani or someone else might sneak it at the death again

Talking of Adani, I screamed like a madman when he scored! I'm only sorry I didn't see the face of that testa di cazzo Lippi. He must have been close to a heart attack hahahahahahahahahahaha :howler: :D

Conclusion: I don't want to see Pellegrino at the final even as a spectator! :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
There would be other bellygrindos appearing for your viewing pleasure then. Enjoy .....

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Conclusion: I don't want to see Pellegrino at the final even as a spectator!
You won't see Pellegrino in the final, but you'll see a referee, for sure. And for sure he's 1 fukked up Juventino. Like all the others.

Is the first leg in Rome or Turin ?

·
Registered
678 Posts
i have a proposition

don't talk about refs anymore. this will show that we can accept the result of every match, only if our players have tried their best and showed their fight spirit.

we must learn to accept because the ball rolls forward and never stop and just look at next match. don't give up guys and we will have our day to celebrate. for now, just enjoy Adiano's every time pass and shoot, it's unique, and only can be seen in a team named INTER.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Some of your points are correct, some are inventions of a biased mind. I say this as I wanted Inter to win, I even shouted "YES!" when Inter scored.

- sending off Cordoba even if he WAS NOT the last man and letting Zambrotta and Ferrara get away with yellow for simillar fouls
I was thinking about this and there is some credit to it. According to the rules is there a yellow card if 1. he tackle when he had no chance on the ball. OR 2. If the tackle is violent. If both those things is true, then it is a red card. So in the end is it a measure wether the tackles was violent or not as in all three examples they had no chance on the ball. I don't remember the Zambrotta one, but the Ferrara one was not violent IMO. Zambrottas Kung Fu kick on Emre was on the other hand a clear red IMO.

-a stonewall penalty not given to Inter at 1-1 for a foul on Emre (even Rai commentators were shocked)
It was not a penalty. He did not trip him, Emre could have runned past him, but made contact with his leg only to fake a penalty. He should have been yellowcarded instead.

-the area 25 meters and closer to Juve's goal was declared a free-fire zone for Juve defenders where they could kick, hit and trip Adriano and Vieri without any fear that the ref would give a foul
It surerly felt like that in the second half, not that there where many situations.

-every 50-50 decision went in Juve's favour
This on the other hand it felt like early on. It may just be me that is biased due to all Juve referee talk, but just this I always feel is in favour for Juve. And if nothing else I can be astounished by how much they can do before they get yellow carded. (actually that goes for three unnamed Milan players too)

-prolongation of both extra time periods for no reason whatsoever, so that Inter players would be absolutely knackered come penalties

- did not let Inter take the last corner fearing that Adani or someone else might sneak it at the death again
Aren't you kind of contradicting yourself here? And 2 minutes hardly make a difference after 120. as said, that corner was already late, he should have blowed 30 seconds earlier.

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Zambrottas Kung Fu kick on Emre was on the other hand a clear red IMO.
That's what I was referring to.

It was not a penalty. He did not trip him, Emre could have runned past him, but made contact with his leg only to fake a penalty. He should have been yellowcarded instead.
Come on, even Rai commentators were perplexed that there was a goal-kick instead of a penalty and that after seeing the replay from every possible angle, having concluded that it was a stonewall penalty!

As for the corner, it is customary that the referee lets it be taken in such situations. Had it been the other way around, you think that he would have blown the final whistle?

All together now: Pellegrino figlio di puttana, nanananananana...

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Even I think it wasn´t a penalty. :) I´m rather shocked it´s been made such a huge fuss, when I saw the replay about ten times and it was crystal clear to me that Emre took a dive.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Lightoller said:
That's what I was referring to.
well okay, I know some Juve player had a similar tackle tough... Maresca maybe?

Lightoller said:
As for the corner, it is customary that the referee lets it be taken in such situations. Had it been the other way around, you think that he would have blown the final whistle?
That is nothing. I would say that nothing beats the time when Valencia played in UCL and had 1-1 in the game (forgot against who). Claudio Lopez got an perfect trough ball and was alone with the keeper and the ref blows the whistle because the match have ended! i was astounished, I never seen anything like that before or after. The ref should at least have kudos for blowing the whistle in EXACTLY the last second. Lopez was quite upset tough. :eek::D

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Pelegrino has always been a corrupted Juventino bastard, everyone knows it. From the moment I saw who the referee for the game is, I knew Inter were in trouble.

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are the ratings for Pellegrino in the Italian media:

Corriere dello Sport 4
Repubblica 5
Corriere della Sera 3
La Stampa 5,5
Gazzetta dello Sport 5,5.
TgCom 3

Ratings are usually from 5 to 10. When they give you less then 5 it means you were absolutely,truly, completely and utterly deplorable!

·
Registered
309 Posts
02/13/2004. The head of the Italian referee association Paolo Bergamo has come out in defence of Emilio Pellegrino after his performance in the Inter-Juventus game last night.

The official was strongly criticised for not giving a penalty to Emre after a challenge by Paolo Montero.

"Pellegrino officiated in an excellent manner," said Bergamo. "He did make a few mistakes but not at critical points of the game."
SA Italy

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
pravesh said:
useless point dude.
It's an open secret that juventus buys referees....

;)
The only open secret is when a team falls to JUVENTUS they always cry about ref being bought. If it was so easy to buy the refs dont you think Moratti would of done it a long time ago to perhaps end you drought?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Deka said:
The only open secret is when a team falls to JUVENTUS they always cry about ref being bought. If it was so easy to buy the refs dont you think Moratti would of done it a long time ago to perhaps end you drought?

Yes, you are right. “It’s an open secret that when a team falls to Juventus they always cry about ref being bought”. Didn’t you say that ?

That’s because it’s the TRUTH.

Don’t know if it’s easy to buy the refs. Only Juventus knows that. And I am proud that Moratti didn’t buy refs. I am not interested to end our drought like that.

Saying all these, I didn’t mean that Juventus is a bad team or whatever. For me, they are one of the most consistent team in Serie. Got it !

But sadly, they get lots of help from their bought refs.

;)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Inter make official complaint Friday 13 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter have shown referee Emillio Pellegrino a red card for his performance in the Coppa Italia semi-final defeat to Juventus.

"It was an unacceptable display," blasted new President Giacinto Facchetti. "I already had reservations when I heard he was given the game. The reality proved worse.

"I just can¡¦t accept a performance like that. In the first leg their first goal was offside and we saw other errors in the second leg."

The Nerazzurri lost the tie on penalties in a game that saw them firstly reduced to 10 men and then denied what looked like a penalty.

"You all saw what happened," added captain Javier Zanetti (pictured). "Something needs to change as we are always on the receiving end.

"When Emre was fouled in the area everybody saw that the referee went to give it before he changed his mind."

Daniele Adani, who scored a 95th minute goal to send the game into extra-time, was also unimpressed.

"The whole of Italy jokes that we never win anything," he stated. "We played well but we came across something that we couldn¡¦t beat."

Ivan Cordoba, who was sent off for hacking down Pavel Nedved on the edge of the box, concluded: "This sort of thing harms Italian football."

channel4

=================

Ref chief backs Pellegrino Friday 13 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The head of the Italian referee association has defended under-fire official Emilio Pellegrino.

The man in black has been heavily criticised by Inter after they were dumped out of the Coppa Italia by Juventus last night.

But Paolo Bergamo insists he is happy with Pellegrino¡¦s display in the semi-final clash at the San Siro.

"Pellegrino officiated in an excellent manner," Bergamo declared. "He did make a few mistakes but not at critical points of the game."

That view is unlikely to be shared by the majority of Nerazzurri fans who witnessed the game on Thursday.

There were two main incidents that caused controversy. The first was the dismissal of Ivan Cordoba.

He hacked down Pavel Nedved as the Juventus ace was about to enter the penalty area to unleash a shot. An instant red, probably justified, followed.

Yet it was the decision to not award Inter a penalty soon after that infuriated the home side. Paolo Montero seemed to bring down Emre in the area but no spot kick was awarded.

Inter chief Giacinto Facchetti described Pellegrino¡¦s display as "unacceptable" with a number of Nerazzurri players also unhappy.

The latest being Dejan Stankovic (pictured) who is mystified at what happened during his side¡¦s penalty shoot-out defeat.

"I¡¦ve never taken part in a game like that in my life," quotes the Inter website. "I can¡¦t say too much as I would almost certainly be banned for my comments.

"I don¡¦t really want to talk about the referee because he doesn¡¦t deserve it. We gave it our all but everyone saw what happened on the pitch."

channel4

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I also thought the edge of Juventus's box was a no fly zone. It is shocking the amount of times Inter were denied free kicks. If Inter lose as a result of being outplayed or outclassed the loss is still difficult to take but in my fourteen years as an Inter supporter, I have never seen anything like the refereeing display on Thursday evening. The only exception possibly being the 1998 match against Juventus in Turin. Coincidence that it was against Juventus isnt it?

Re the penalty, the RAI ciommentators shouted "RIGORE" and I thought we had it. The cameras were not on the referee at the time but is it true that he actually awarded the penalty and then changed his mind?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts