Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Francuska i Argentina najveci su favoriti za osvajanje SP-a, a u najuzi krug favorita spadaju još Engleska, Brazil, Španjolska, Portugal i Hrvatska- izjavio je Pele za meksicki dnevnik LaAficion.

"Hrvatska koju nitko ne spominje ima jako snaznu momèad" - dodao je.

"Vrlo jake momcadi imaju i Kamerun, Nigerija, Juznoafricka republika , Nigeria, Senegal i Tunis, ali nisu medju kandidatima za prvaka" - rekao je Pele o africkim selekcijama.

Edson Arantes Do Nascimento ili samo Pele prema mnogima je najbolji igrac u povijesti nogometa.

Finally someone who ranks Croatia's chances high :)

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
It's always good to get a little respect, but I doubt Pele has seen us in action, I think he's just adding us there 'casue we came 3rd last time around.:(

·
Registered
508 Posts
i agree ERO when arguably last WC we had a better side he said we wont acheive anything, and if u can remember ciro had a huge backlash on the legend pele heheehh classic

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
here is the thing... we have many really good players... that could perform great if they are at the top of their game... robi, suker, boksic, vlaovic, stanic... these people might own everyone... but at the same time, they might not... thats the issue ;-)

and you never know from the friendlies, you never know before WC and tight game come...

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
again wolf well said.

Being a Vatreni fan is almost like being a Chelsea fan, you never know which team will show up.

BTW who is that Pele guy and what does he know?

:D :) ;)

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
he used to be a player I think...

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Isn't he an actor?? I remember seeing a guy with a similar name in that movie "victory" staring Sylvester Stalone as a soccer goalie playing with an Allied POW team during WWII.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Yeah I remember now.

That's the one where Stallone got nominated for an Academy Award right?:D

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I think old age is finally getting to Pele. i read that his tips for the 4 semi finalists are France, Argentina, England & Italy. He obviously hasnt looked at the draw coz 2 of the first 3 teams i mentioned will meet in the second round. Where's Italy on his list below? personally, i think Italy will bomb in the group stages. but you cant say Italy will make the semi's on one site and then not mention them as favorites on another. Pele's hedging his bets....maybe he should stick to Formula One :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts