Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RIO DE JANEIRO, July 24 (AFP) - Pele, still regarded as the best footballer of all time, has added his weight to the growing criticism of beleaguered Brazilian coach Wanderley Luxemburgo.

After Brazil's humiliation at the hands of Paraguay in a World Cup qualifier last week, Luxemburgo knows he probably faces the sack if the team lose to Argentina in Sao Paolo on Wednesday.

If he was in any doubt about his increasing unpopularity, Pele's outburst will have given him pause for thought.

Pele said on Sunday that he believed Brazil would not be in their current plight if Luxemburgo had listened to his advice and kept a settled side.

Instead, with just two victories, two draws and the 2-1 defeat at the hands of Paraguay, Brazil are in danger of failing to qualify for the World Cup finals for the first time, and their task against Argentina looks daunting as their neighbours have won all five of their games so far.

"I insisted that Luzemburgo only picked players with unquestionable records, like Roberto Carlos, Cafu and Antonio Carlos, who are playing in Italy, or players of the same calibre, like the full back Athirson," Pele said.

Luxemburgo said he had no comment to make on Pele's remarks, adding that he saw no point in raking up past mistakes.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Pele is getting now at Luxemburgo mainly cause last year Luxemburgo said about the Pele law:
"it's 85 % done by Zico and the rest by Pele". While the law takes Pele's name...before it was Zico's name at the start of the decade!

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
pele's an idiot as i always say but what he has said has some truth in it.

Lux needs to stick to one line up....i can't imagine a W.C. without you Brasileros....that would be missing sommin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts