Diouf

Ukraine
Shevchenko

Uruguai
Francescoli

Turkey
Belozoglu
Recber

What a bad list!! First of all the biggest mistake, no Garrincha, oh my God. So this means Saviola is better than Garrincha. No Nilton Santos, Gerson, Rivellino , Tostão , Marco Van Basten. And not being biased, any list of top 100 players should have more brazilians, this list has more italians and french than brazilians, hey we won 5 wcs because we had the best players.

I will comment some names in this list.
Ballack (No way. Good players but not among the freaking 100 ever)
Crespo (Failed to impress in almost every team he played)
Saviola ( His name in this list is a sad joke. In the future he can be a great player, but he isn't word class now)
Ceulemans,faffVan and Van der Elst ( never heard about them, can't jugde them)
Ronaldinho (he will be in this list in the future, but now he is too young)
Zamorano ( I don't think he belongs in that list, there were a lot of strikers better than Him)
Luis Henrique (He is a good player, nothing more than that)
Trezeguet (Another joke)
Abedi Pelé ( who is this guy?)
Owen (no way , same is saviola)
Shearer (same is Zamorano)
Keane ( Are we talking about the 100 most crazy players ever?)
Nesta ( can be in the future)
Totti ( can be in the future)
Del Piero (will never be considered one of the 100)
Nakata ( he just wanted to put a japanese guy)
Dal Glish Belozoglu and Recber (never heard about them)

Conclusion: The best player ever (Pele) proves once again that he is not very good when he talks about football. And He commited a crime when he left Garrincha out. The guy the with him ofrmed the best duo ever (60 games togheter,never lost a game for Brazil). BTW Any list should only include players who have already finished their careers, so you can make a fair judgement analising their whole carres.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW it was a fifa request and it will be announced Thursday in the party that will deliver the prize "Fifa Hundred" in the Natural history museum in London.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Of course, that list is a pile of steaming crap. No question there. Not only due to the absent giants, but also due to some of the names we see in the list. Michelle Akers?!? Saviola?? Come ON now...

brasileiro said:
BTW Any list should only include players who have already finished their careers, so you can make a fair judgement analising their whole carres.
I'm not so sure. I think it's perfectly reasonable to include Zidane and Ronaldo in the top 100, for instance.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think Ronaldo and Zidane are in a different situation, because for me they are clear the best players of their generation.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I completely agree with U
Garrincha was the first name I was missing too.
Making a list like this is s delicate matter that shouldn´t be dealt with such ignorance.
I just get tired of it all.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I looked at the list again and it looks even worse. Roger Milla?!? Milla was a freakin' RESERVE for Cameroon in 1990, fer chrissakes!! He came in, scored a couple of goals and now he's in the all-time TOP 100???? Why not throw in Oleg Salenko too? :wallbang:

And look at the list of dutch players. KLUIVERT AND DAVIDS ARE THERE, BUT VAN BASTEN ISN'T. Seriousy... is Pele senile?? :stress:

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh I missed Kluivert in there, another joke too. I think age has caught up with Pele heheheh.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Seedorf , Zamorano , Luis Henrique , Trezeguet . Three beligum guys I´ve never heard of .
No Garrincha , Tostão , Rivelino , Gerson .
Let´s just ignore this thing , shall we ?

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,491 Posts
No Garrincha, no Nilton Santos, No Sandor Kocsis, no Sotil, no Chumpitaz, no Andrade from Uruguay?

no LEV YASHIN? no Bobby Moore? no Gerson, no Jairzinho, no tostao, and no RIVELINO WOW

beckham made the list, so did Saviola, and Crespo!

Is this really the list?

O Rei Pele, I'm sorry but Dagoods could have come up with a better 100...

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
As great a player as Pele was, I am afraid he doesn't know his limitations on talking about the subject. Asking Pele to comment on football is like asking Maradona for drug-rehab tips...

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
It was a crime to leave out Garrincha. And where are van Basten, Hierro, Raul, Redondo, Nordahl, and so forth?

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,491 Posts
What are you waiting for Milk?? List the top 100 and no quota system. Simply list the top 100

Dagoods will, very soon!!!

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Don't be so harsh on Pele, people. OK, some choices are really ridiculous (Mia Hamm???? :wth: ). But try to compile a list of best 100 players of all time yourself, and you will see that you will miss some big names.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Obviously there are a lot of players missing and a lot of players there that shouldn't be, but...

I think he tried to pick players for what they have done for their own countries football..;)

if so... he's also missed out Hakan Sukur..

I know Hakan Sukur isn't the best of players.. but he was the biggest reason why Turkish football has evolved a lot..

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Ivan Palmer said:
Seedorf , Zamorano , Luis Henrique , Trezeguet . Three beligum guys I´ve never heard of .
Those three Belgium guys were part of the great Belgium generation which got to the final of Euro 1980 (lost to Germany) and kicked Argentina's a$$ (world champions at that time) in the opening game of 1982 WC. However, I don't know if this is enough to get all three into the top 100 list. ;)

1 - 20 of 182 Posts