1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pekerman Names Squad for Friendly with Catalunya

Leonardo Franco and Ariel Ibagaza (Atlético de Madrid, Spain

Wilfredo Caballero (Elche, Spain

Fabricio Coloccini (Milan, Italy); Gabriel Milito and Leonardo Ponzio (Real Zaragoza, Spain

Diego Placente (Bayer Leverkusen, Germany); Maximiliano Rodrيguez (Espanyol, Spain);

Lionel Scaloni, Luciano Galletti and Aldo Duscher (Deportivo La Coruٌa, Spain); Diego Milito (Genova, Italy); Pablo Aimar (Valencia, Spain

Santiago Solari (Real Madrid, Spain); Leandro Cufre (AS Roma

Fernando Cavenaghi and Clemente Rodruguez

(Spartak Moscow, Russia).).

Nicolلs Burdisso

(Internazionale, Italy

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is that it? I mean why he dose not call Rosales, Romagnoli, D'Allessandro, Lisandro Lopez and other new faces in the Argentinian league?

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Pooh said:
Is that it? I mean why he dose not call Rosales, Romagnoli, D'Allessandro, Lisandro Lopez and other new faces in the Argentinian league?

i think hes giving the fringe playes a chance. resting the top players

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
ampersand said:
i actually like it, except for duscher.
Me too, but the problem is with River, they didn't allow Mascherano to play this match (Pekerman wanted him) and they gave OK for Zidane vs. Ronaldo match in Madrid!!!

Top players cant take part of this match coz of their clubs. I really wanted to see Arca, Messi and Santana since its only a very friendly match.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exactly, Arca is doing great in England after coming back from a very stupid injury. Messi should be at least in the list since he will not travel any where and Santana deserves a chance as well.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Messi???
Guys, he has a long way to go before playing for his NT (all the players are not like mascherano, who played before with the NT than with River's first team).
I hope Tocalli to call him for the qualies of the U20 WC, that will be played in Holland.

I agree about Santana and Arca.

Probable team:

---------------Leonardo Franco
-------------coloccini-----milito
clemente---------------------------placente
--------------------ponzio
--maxi rod-----------------------solari
--------------------aimar
---------cavenaghi-------milito

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Santana and Arca should be there..agree also with Batigold about Messi needing more time..I am a big admirer of this kid, though his time will come..

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
czar said:
..agree also with Batigold about Messi needing more time..I am a big admirer of this kid, though his time will come..
Well since the match is going to play where Messi is living right now I thought it would be more like adver that Messi is Argentina and he will not be joining any other national team. It would be also a message that we want him for the next SA tournament in Colombia next month.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Pooh said:
Well since the match is going to play where Messi is living right now I thought it would be more like adver that Messi is Argentina and he will not be joining any other national team. It would be also a message that we want him for the next SA tournament in Colombia next month.
Not even where's he is playing, but he will play against some of Barca members which means against his friends, thats why I see it good to get a call from Pekerman.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Please embarass them like Brazil did!

BTW is Lucho injured or something? Knowone can tell me he's not good enough to be in that list, he's absolute class.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
How about a date ?????? when is this taking place ????

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its on 29th of this month.

Lucho is not injured or not class to be in the list but Pekerman decided to call the european players especially those who are playing in Spain.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Txs Pooh !!!! HH .... Happy Holidays !!!!! :party:

·
Registered
212 Posts
How old is Messi anyways? 18? 19? 20? Heck if Pekerman calls him up for a friendly, he might as well call up River's 12 year old prodigy, Erik Lamela too. :D

·
Registered
967 Posts
messi is 17 years old

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Cufre is Peker boy and always had talent, but always under the shadow of someone, how is he playing in Roma As? I saw him playing as RB???? sould it be, or was just that game?, he is fast but he is a central defender and in my eyes a very stylish one, he is not short of skills and pace to be a defender, but I guess he lost the train to make a bigger name, he is pretty old right now, no?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts