Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I said, this guy is looking for something new, I like the way he's chosing his players, this is what we need, this is the time to try new faces and he is doing it right, we dont have to wait until the team lose an important player and then to find a replacement without even having a chnace to play in the 1st NT before, Pekerman announced a list of 15 futbol local players and most (if I am not wrong) are getting the call for the 1st time.

GK:
Oscar Ustari (Independiente).

DF's:
Fabricio Fuentes (Vélez Sarsfield).
Cristian Grabinski y Diego Crosa (Racing Club).
Daniel Díaz (Colón de Santa Fe).
Mauricio Romero y Maximiliano Velázquez (Lanús).

MD's:
Lucas Castromán (Vélez Sarsfield).
Martín Romagnoli (Colón de Santa Fe).
Fernando Belluschi (Newell's Old Boys).
José Sosa (Estudiantes de La Plata).
Federico Insúa (Independiente).

FW's:
Rolando Zárate (Vélez Sarsfield).
Lisandro López (Racing Club).

Of course its for Mexico match which is on 9th of March in LA.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
From the list Fabricio fuentes is just ok, Cata Diaz: IS GREAT /we will have our balls in our throat with his possible nutmegs in our aea, but like once Gamboa: go for it man, he is class), like a new negro Caceres, very skill; Dieguito Crosa is near the finish of his career, the most clean defender ever perhaps, he has balls, but making fouls has no place in his book, which is not that good in his role and everywhere cost him his place, about romero and Velazquez I saw few, heard Romero is pretty good.

Castroman is strong, powerfull, tireless, but runs the pitch like an idiot, one great, one awufull, don't like him because he seems will never take advantage of his athletic condition, to become a better player....

Pipi is really skill, not as wise in terms in not loosing too much the ball, but hell he is skill, problem is that his obsession for being transfer and gain the money for his future, is perjudicating too much his game lately...

Fede same problem in his game like Romagnoli, but the prime of the San Lorenzo player was way better, never like him too much, but I will always support his at least intention to play different...

Belluschi, young, dinamic, fast, skill player that is a former last champ, will be a real test, and a discovery may be...Jose is wise, talented, elegant, a classy old player, hoping he become what his skills can provide, and still really young, a more than NICE BET.

What didn't provide Zarate a MAJOR career in Europe, is a mistery for me, in fact I will be happier not with a test in a complety new team, and more with Roman, Aimar and cia behind, he is an skill bull, that shots with both legs, that dribbles, pass, and has a terrific free kick, he has world class all written in his game, BUT he is damn too much argie, too much potrero, too much something intangible of local player, he is not getting any younger too, but why Crespo, Piojo, Palermo had great careers and him not will be a always a mistery for me, like his brothers skill as hell, and will be sad to see him fail, more than possibly with such an all new "we don't know a bit each other team"...

Lisandro, is fast as a bullet, skill too, and many times he mess in his own confuse, BUT the last time I saw a player like the awesome Pelusa, ended a game with two goals and being mad with himself for not played well.....well WAS HIM; that autocritic, willing to BE BETTER, gain me, I have hufe respect since that day, it was no bluff, he just is tha way, I hope he has a great career, nice fellow...

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Would you just look at that! I said it before that Insua would get a call-up sooner or later. We'll is he makes the most of it. Are you sure Diego Crosa never played for the national team before? He's been on the scene as long as I can remember yet he isn;t as old as Fangio susggests (a dinosaur would be Montoya, Commizzo, Schelotto, etc). Good for him.

Now, I'm eager to see Lopez and Belluschi in the line-up, speacially Lisandro who I believe is the next best thing (so much for your pessimism on youngsters, eh Fangio?).

Now, I don;t know why Castroman is being given eyt another chance. He's small time. La camiseta le pesa. And that's the end of it. And Zarate? please! what a flop he turned out to be. I never believed the hype about him. That Velez team was speacial as a whole. No one individually but they all played well as a team. Why he didn't take his career to new heights (and everyone else on that team) is living proof of my therory.

One last thing - Peckerman will surely call a few others, I just hope is not either Duscher nor Burdisso. ;)

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
No Zarate is great Loco, but he is Zarate, that type of too much argie and kind of lazy, kind of those Villareal (Villita el negro de los 80's), Gaitan, etc.. that you see them they can do things the majority can and flop whenever is not the moment, and many time bad luck too...

And about Lisandro, I have that feeling of him in Mejico, and just break my heart, I hope so much to get his act at full form, because he has real conditions, and a great competitive attitude, but this is the world of the mediocre Lopez tryumphs, and the ones like him begging for play....this recalls me how many, even in this ultra hype Euro football, argies included, were as good as el Negro Palma? or JJ Lopez? etc..etc... never will get why they weren't massive faumous players, but they were kind of too much of here, like el Burrito, I will be always way more fond of them than so many stars...

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
C'mon! Zarate isn't all that. He should be thanking every saint for getting a call up. We'll see if he even gets to play tho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts