Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ole reported today that Pekerman has decided on 95% of the players already, he also told that Aquero is one of the candidates to join the team for the WC.

José Pekerman llegó hoy al país tras la derrota de Argentina ante Croacia y aseguró: "“Ya tengo elegido al 95 por ciento del plantel”. Aún le quedan definir “dos o tres jugadores” que están siendo observados por el cuerpo técnico. Según el DT, el Kun Agüero se encuentra entre ellos. ¿Qué dijo del Pato? “El juega muy bien en Boca”.
From the last match list of players I think Scaloni can be taken out, add to them Ustari or Lux, Ayala, Heinze, Zanetti, Mascherano and I hope Aquero.

Another thing, do think guys that Pekerman will stick starting with Crespo, Messi and Tevez thing again or at least in the WC, coz as I see it (just assuming) that Pekerman relaized both of Messi and Tevez must start, which means putting Riquelme alone as a player maker there, and not to forget the MUST thing of Crespo dealing with everything up front.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Very good sources of mine have informed me that the following players will be in Germany should they be healthy to play:

Goal Keepers: Roberto Abbondanzieri, German Lux.

Defenders: Fabricio Coloccini, Nicolas Burdisso, Roberto Ayala, Walter Samuel, Gabriel Heinze, Juan Pablo Sorin, Lionel Scaloni.

Midfielders: Maximiliano Rodriguez, Luis Gonzalez, Javier Mascherano, Esteban Cambiasso, Martin Demichelis, Juan Roman Riquelme, Pablo Aimar.

Forwards: Hernan Crespo, Lionel Messi, Carlos Tevez.

On the bubble

Leo Franco, Oscar Ustari, Gabriel Milito, Javier Saviola, Diego Milito, Luciano Figueroa, Julio Cruz, Rodrigo Palacio, Sergio Agüero.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Despite all this, no one will convince me that Pekerman does not have his list of 23 players made up already. This 95% bullshit is mere politics.

Also, I am certain that Zanetti will not be in Germany this summer.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
I think Pekerman will stick with Tevez-Crespo-Messi infront with Roman behind them and god willing Lucho helping Roman there with Mascherano cleaning up for them. The defense should be 4 no matter what, Zanetti-Ayala-Heinze(if fit, if not Samuel) and Sorin. The GK spot is where the problem lies.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Loco said:
Very good sources of mine have informed me that the following players will be in Germany should they be healthy to play:

Goal Keepers: Roberto Abbondanzieri, German Lux.

Defenders: Fabricio Coloccini, Nicolas Burdisso, Roberto Ayala, Walter Samuel, Gabriel Heinze, Juan Pablo Sorin, Lionel Scaloni.

Midfielders: Maximiliano Rodriguez, Luis Gonzalez, Javier Mascherano, Esteban Cambiasso, Martin Demichelis, Juan Roman Riquelme, Pablo Aimar.

Forwards: Hernan Crespo, Lionel Messi, Carlos Tevez.

On the bubble

Leo Franco, Oscar Ustari, Gabriel Milito, Javier Saviola, Diego Milito, Luciano Figueroa, Julio Cruz, Rodrigo Palacio, Sergio Agüero.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Despite all this, no one will convince me that Pekerman does not have his list of 23 players made up already. This 95% bullshit is mere politics.

The defense and GK spots looks like an early one way ticket back to Argentina from Munich! Scaloni, Burdisso, Colo, Pato and Lux will be the real disaster there! Scaloni should never go as well as Colochini and Lux and Pato should subs to Leo Franco and Burdisso a sub to one of the defenders, that's if the source knows what he/she talking about.

D. Milito, Aguero, Javier Saviola, G. Milito and Ustari should see Germany next summer.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Loco said:
Has Pekerman now totally lost his mind??? :frustrat:

If Zanetti isn't going to Germany let's withdraw from the WC right now. Without him the team is lost.

·
Registered
504 Posts
i dont understand how Zanetti went from a sure starter from 2002 to 2006 to not even getting called up all of a sudden, its just weird.

And my team is also like Poohs.GK is hard, Lux and Abbondanzieri havent show me much and i dont know much about Ustari so i guess i like Franco to start.

--------Franco----------
Zanetti-Ayala-Heinze-Sorin
Lucho-----Mascherano
------Riquelme------
Messi---Crespo---Tevez

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I think Jose is basically saying that he knows in his own mind who he is going to take to Germany. 95% is just a figure of speech.

Loco, did your close aide give a reason for Zanetti's possible omission? Something serious must have happened there which no-one knows about. Zanetti for me is an essential part of the team. I wonder what is going on there.

By the way, I have a sneaky feeling that Daniel Bilos might get the call as the 'surprise' selection. Do not be surprised, is what I will say.

·
Banned
503 Posts
ArgBoca said:
Franco----------
Zanetti-Ayala-Heinze-Sorin
Lucho-----Mascherano
------Riquelme------
Messi---Crespo---Tevez
guys, just take a minute and look at that team, then realise how good it is.

no pato, no colo, no cuchu...

suddenly we look like world beaters.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Bocha, the Zanetti possible exclussion was noticeable since time.

The reason I guessed, and even today was published, is that he wants a player there that can play in the other positions of defense, to make space for another forward, or "dif player".

Same reason why Ibarra is not even mentioned, well not even in the case of Ibarra who si simply overlloked with almost no reason. The two, the best 4 we have, even to some extent the world has, can play in the midefield, but not as CB.

Is a tactical desicion, I like it if creates a place for an Aguero, Palacio, Saviola, but not even that much, for me even the two Ibarra/Zanetti MUST be in the squad, more if Scaloni at the end gains a spot.

So far only Ponzio seemed reliable there, and the strange thing is that he can only add variants in the mid, so at the end, is all about Colloccini, who will end being the Garre of this generation in a minor extenssion.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Seriously what's wrong with Pekerman? Omitting Zanetti from the squad is simply not reasonable.
If You guys had an adequate replacement for him then it shouldn't have been a problem but who's going to replace him? Colo-Ponzio??
They aren't even half the player Javier is.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I hope this is really not the case, the only thing that should exclude Zanetti is an injury, when u think of players like Scaloni and Coloccini on the squad, tactical or not to leave out Pupi is crazy, Ibarra also is an excellent option but isnot being given any chances...

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
I hope this is really not the case, the only thing that should exclude Zanetti is an injury, when u think of players like Scaloni and Coloccini on the squad, tactical or not to leave out Pupi is crazy, Ibarra also is an excellent option but isnot being given any chances...
lately signs scream at the very much: Zanetti sub...still 100 days people, two months ago Messi was a probably, nowadays more first team than Sorin.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Loco said:
Its like saying to a Brazilian that R.Carlos will not be included even thu they dont have a good backup for him..

I prefare Zanetti out of form more than Scaloni or Colo at their best.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
what is it with pekerman and colo cand scaloni.?
why does he persist with colo.
some people say he not taking zanetti and taking the above becuase they can play other posns.
thats the point of back up players, who have more versatilty, like micho, can play def mid and rb/cb
scaloni is crap, colo is crap and has played crap evry match for arg.
dont let olympics foool u, that was againmst kids, lets be honest.

i will never understand how colo and scaloni are in the squad nevermind ahead of zanetti.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I always thought it was more of a fitness issue with Zanetti. Playing too many games etc. Maybe he wants him fresh as possible for the World Cup? Same gig with Ayala, whom has been injured though of course.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
He is not habitual that Pekerman gives to indications public about the amount of the players with a foot in Germany. This time broke the mold and admitio ': "There are two or three places that we have left to define, but are several soccer players with conditions to occupy those seats. With the rest, if there are no surprises, they will be those that you saw in the last calls "

this will mean the squad vs craotia plus masch, ayala, and few others
but it also means scaloni and colo
and no zanetti, saviola etc.

man everyday seems to be getting worse and worse.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Fangio said:
Bocha, the Zanetti possible exclussion was noticeable since time.

The reason I guessed, and even today was published, is that he wants a player there that can play in the other positions of defense, to make space for another forward, or "dif player".

QUOTE]

but zanetti is a specialized rb,. what is the point of playing a make shift rb, or a player who can play rb, but is more of cb, its just stupid.
its like playing riquelme upfrony, or sorin cb, it wont work.
with bielsa , he played everyplayer playign in thier primary posn.
u didnt see zaneti def midfeild if u undersatnd.
zanetti is out no1 rb, and doesnt matter if he cant play cb, thats not his role.

pekerman is crazy, i realised that when we beat venezuela 3-2. how can they score against us

ps italy are unbeaten in 16 games now and have crushed both holland and germany. i always felt they could win it before these games.

NOW PEOPLE PLEASE TELL, ME DO U PREFER ARGENTINA WERE LIKE THIS, OR DO YOU PREFER THAT WE LOST 5 OF LAST 6 GAMES OR WHATVER THE STATS ARE.?

now they have the confidence of wiining, the ability of winning.
argenitna are the revesre in my honest opnion.
alot of people say im always negative, bu if u look at my post from 2004, u'l see i was the opposite. i have been ever since pekerman took over. u guys when u think of bielsa , think oif world cup. as a coach and tactician was way better than pekerman.
the best example was away to bolivia when we were 3-1 down, and scored 2 goals in last minute. i dont see this team doing the same, as they play one dimensionsal.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
i jusr tread that thing on buler paper.

so pekerman wants to pick players who can play in more than one posn. pick me, i can play anywhere.

i think that now he has lost the plot, and all u pekerman lovers are crazy if you agree with pekerman that zanetti should not go because he cant play in more than one position. and that colocinni can play in more than one posn so he will go, same with scaloni.

i always thought that it was important to pick the best player for that position, or atleast that is what ive been taught over the past 23 years.
so pekerman is saying, it doesnt matter that the curretn right back is not the best right back, as long as he can play in midfield or cb. what complate nonsense. does the same apply for mascherano(he can only play def midfield)?course not?

fangio, pooh, el rulo, none of u can disagree with me in this point.
the idea is usually to pick your BEST 11 PLAYERS. and then have the next best playerws for that position.ie samuel for heinze, ponizo for zanetti, burdisso for ayala etc. if u look at it, the whol epoint of a 23 man squad is so that if there ar injuries to 1stteam, another player can fill in.

pekerman wants scaloni cos he can play right midfield and right back, thats is bullshit. argentina dont even play with a right midfielder and if they do, they can have lucho, maxi, even aimar etc.

so what is up with pekerman.
do u take zanetti who is arg best rb, or colocinni cos he can play(according to pekerman rb and cb). personally, i dont think colo can play full stop.

fangio, poh, please tell me what u think.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Why don't you wait til Pekerman announces that Zanetti is not going, before posting 25 lines on the subject?

If Zanetti does not travel, I suspect it is a fitness concern, or a concern that he can no longer handle the pace at that level.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Bocha said:
Why don't you wait til Pekerman announces that Zanetti is not going, before posting 25 lines on the subject?

If Zanetti does not travel, I suspect it is a fitness concern, or a concern that he can no longer handle the pace at that level.
and colocinni can. craotia players literally walked past him, and colocinni cant be bothered to chase

whats wrong with his fitness, he plays 90 mins everytime with inter.
thats more than colocinni and scaloni.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts