Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering 2 myself who should be the Porto "TRINCO"
P.Santos or Peixe well on recent displays i wouldn't know who to Choose.
So i will go 2 the 'Characteristics' of each playa.
Well Peixe 2 me is an excellent player good at Marking,Has good ball Skills,can keep a player out of the Game ETC...
While Paulinho Santos isn't such a neat player he does Get the Job done,Paulinho has 1 feature i like in him.He is Polivalente.

In My opinion Peixe would Start most of the Games.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Paulinho will bleed for Porto...Peixe has more skills but Paulinho plays harder...plus my family comes from Vila De Conde...and so does Paulinho....

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paulinho is a Porto symbol. He could have had better contracts with other teams including Barcelona (Bobby Robson wanted to take him) but preferred to stay with the club that he loves. I have a lot of respect for that. However, Peixe is a better player, although his heart is with Sporting. Tough decision but I would play Peixe for the good of the team.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way, they're both playing tomorrow against Benfica. Peixe will be "trinco" and Paulinho is replacing Esquerdinha (suspended)at left back.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
If Peixe's heart is with Sporting, what the hell is he doing with Porto? I'm sure we could find a use for him and he deserves to play with a first place team.

------------------
VIVA SPORTING!!!
FORZA MILAN!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Because Sporting screwed him and he is playing with the best team.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
How did Sporting screw him? I know we sold him to a crap team like Sevilla, but I get the feeling that, at the time, Peixe was more that ready to jump Sporting's ship.

------------------
VIVA SPORTING!!!
FORZA MILAN!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't know the details, but both Peixe and Costinha (the goalie) spent a long time without playing because of some dispute over their contracts with Sporting. During that time, they were training at Estrela da Amadora then coached by Fernando Santos. Porto made a deal with Sporting involving Peixe and Costinha to Porto, and Rui Jorge and Bino to Sporting. Contrary to what laureano says, Sporting and Porto were in good terms then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts