Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that he has switched alegiance to Angola?? And what can you tell me about him as a player. I think he would be a major boost to the angolan team in their campaign in this World Cup. They have some problems in the back.

And I know that an another player that has been called up to the Angolan squad, Rui Marques is also portugese. What can you tell about him aswell. Will he strengthen the team considerably? He must be better then those who are there, since he plays for Leeds.

·
Administrator
25,340 Posts
pedro emanuel would be a great acquisition for angola yes, their defense is quite bad...

i'm not sure if he has decided to play for them yet, i just heard about angola's NT coach coming to portugal to ask him to play for them

he is a good CB, however giving our current and prospective CB's, i dont think he will ever have the chance to play for the portuguese NT, so this is really a good opportunity for him to play in a WC

Pedro is not a very technically gifted CB, but he is very hard working and a leader in defense. Sometimes he takes his passion a lil too far, and can get a bit too agressive, but overall hes a good CB

I dont know rui marques, but there are many many portuguese who were born in angola , so its very likely that this type of thing will be happening in a more regular basis

·
Administrator
25,340 Posts
ok, i read that he has accepted the invitation...yeah, it was very unlikely that he was gonna refuse the opportunity to be in the WC...he refused the 1st invitation though, before the CAN...typical :rollani:

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info Inacio..

And I hope he will do well, I kinda like those underdogs like Angola. And their mainproblem has been defense, now hopefully they have managed to do something about that with these new to boys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts