Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
i think build on both of them would be great ....both of them will turn out to be great strikers in the near future.

·
6,645 Posts
Miccoli.

·
6,645 Posts
Indeed. If we stay up and get to keep Miccoli and Bojinov we have one of the most powerful striker lineups in Italy, maybe even Europe. All we need is another center (Pandiani, Corradi, Cruz).

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Jonas said:
Indeed. If we stay up and get to keep Miccoli and Bojinov we have one of the most powerful striker lineups in Italy, maybe even Europe. All we need is another center (Pandiani, Corradi, Cruz).
Surely it would be a travesty to see someone as incredibly mediocre as Corradi keeping one out of of Miccoli/Pazzini/Bojinov on the bench.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Why are you guys even talking about signing more strikers? You have acquired some really good ones but are still struggling at the bottom of the table. Please don't turn into another Inter, as it's good to see you up where you belong.

·
6,645 Posts
To improve our defense is the highest priority and if we stay in Serie A I'm sure we'll sign two or three solid defenders. The midfield also needs heavy improvment, and there's no doubt we're gonna see some new faces there as well.

But right now we were discussing the attack which also needs improvment since Fantini and Riganò isn't Serie A class. If we keep Bojinov, Miccoli and Pazzini we definitley need another striker, someone who resembles Riganò.

I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be in this situation is Lucchesi and Della Valle had concentrated on improving our attack in the summer and bought a real striker instead of loaning Portillo.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Jonas said:
But right now we were discussing the attack which also needs improvment since Fantini and Riganò isn't Serie A class. If we keep Bojinov, Miccoli and Pazzini we definitley need another striker, someone who resembles Riganò.
I don't know why, :googly:

you've got some of the best young forwards in the league, I really don't think you need a big, useless Corradi/Jancker style player just to slow everything down. If someone like Morientes was available and DDV could get him than why not, but in my opinion it's pointless getting an average player just for his physical characteristics.

Anyway, you could just get someone like Tudor or Dellas :jester: for your defence fairly cheaply, and he could go forward for to give you an aerial threat at corners, free kicks etc. That way you would partly solve two problems (defence and aerial power at set-pieces), with one buy.

Besides, just Totti and Cassano playing up front together were awesome for Roma last season, and they aren't even real strikers. And this year with Montella (who is anything but a big target man) back in the team, the side may be struggling, but the tridente is still scoring plenty of goals all the same.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Well, the fourth striker to go along with Miccoli, Bojinov and Pazzini would mostly be for safety reasons, and the reason we're discussing it right now is because of the situation we're in right now (or were in just recently) with 2 of those guys out injured. We've had to start Fantini the past few matches because both Miccoli and Bojinov are injured. Now this 4th striker isn't someone that we'll be looking to spend a lot of money on, but is something we'll try to keep an eye out for to see if something can come our way. But you're right, right now the forward position is our lowest priority. Defence is probably priority one, with goal a very close second (or possibly goal first and defence second), and then wide midfielders third. I do have to say, despite our position in the standings, I don't think we're that far off with the players we have from being a very strong team.

Anyway, I think people on this thread that have said we need one more striker have also all said that our priorities are elsewhere, and in other threads where we're discussing how to improve the team you'll see people bringing up our needs in defence, goal and midfield, but this thread is a discussion of our attack, so that's why we're discussing a 4th striker.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I don't think we particularly need another striker. Bojinov, Miccoli and Pazzini will do for me, then we can just use Fantini as 4th choice, or use a promising youth team player.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
I think if we get a 4th striker I think we should use a youth player or a wasted old player. Wasted old players usually ask for more, so I think it would be better to concentrate on youth.

·
6,645 Posts
Where's Vryzas when we need him... :(

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Miccoli,Pazzini and Bojinov what an exciting young tridente.No wonder you'd want to stay at the club with these prospects around.

·
6,645 Posts
Bah! Vryzas is class. Without him we wouldn't even play in Serie A... ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts