Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Wanted to bring up Pavon, who lately has been in a bad strectch and has gone cold. What do you think the reason for this is? IMO the reason he was so good in the begining because he was just coming into the squad, no one knew much about him. And didn't expect anything from him. So he had no pressure on his shoulders, and played with ease. So that's the reason he played very well.

I think the reason that he's been cooling down lately, and he actually was to blame for a couple of goals. Is because of the pressure mounting on him. And that's not good for so much pressure to be on a youngster. And IMO when Perez goes out and says something like "Pavon is better than Nesta" Doesn't help at all.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
931 Posts
All about the press

Pérez doesn't make this comment, he said at all that sentence:

He said "...for us, Pavón is better than sign Nesta..." indeed Pérez was spoken about crazy money needed for this signing, not about talent or skills, he suggest that Real couldn't sign a player for a crazy amount when Real have a lot of young players in their school who can realize the same work for free, I agree, Nesta is probably the best central back but he can't make big differences, he is not Zidane or Raul or Figo or at least Roberto Carlos. Pavón is a good defender, the money we can pay is for superstars who play in decisive positions rather than a central back although he could be the best. IMO this is the correct policy, the best of the best and young people from youth system, at least Nesta is better than Pavón but IMO is not 60 million € better Don't think you so?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I think your post is non-sense, and you should re-read it and realise what you wrote.

As for Pavon, I've seen him a bit and he is good for a youngster but not good enough to be the absolute starting central defender of Real Madrid. With Hierro being a shadow of his old self Real DOES need help. Right now Pavon is not any better than Karanka, and he just got hyped up because he had few good games when he first burst in the line up. Exactly what had happened with Casillas.

They are talented players, but they are not ready. A great talent has a big difference from a great player: about 2-3 years of first team football.

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
IMO Pavon shouldnt really be included in the XI all the time coz he's still a youngster and still has a lot to learn and as a result he cost us some points this season, im okay with that but we really have to give the "future star" a rest. So he could get the pressure a bit off his shoulders. Now its gonna be even bigger since Hierro will be out for 1 month! so now if he has something to prove us, its the right time. If he fails for this month, i cant see him continuing in the XI. And yes Nesta is world class defender whereas Pavon is still a youngster. But ya perez might be right to not spend so much money on a defender coz we have Pavon but i would go by spending a lot of money for a world class defender rather then keep playing an inexperienced youngster like Pavon.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Yes but if you agree Perez shouldnt spend so much money on a defender you badly need why it is ok to spend so much money on a midfielder you DONT NEED? And yes, I refer to Vieira. Helguera and Makelele are more than enough.

On the other hand your defence is suspicius to say the least. Hierro is past it and Pavon is before it. :) As for Karanka and Campo they have no clue about it in the first place. :D

·
Registered
931 Posts
No

I'm sure you can understand what I want.

Btw, Pavón isn't the best, but I'm no doubt Casillas is not the best goalkeeper, and I'm sure we don't need another goalkeeper to replace Casillas. It isn't the matter, imo we don't need a defender for this amount of money.

would you sign Kahn for 40M €? that idea is a crap

Pérez's policy is clear, the best players of the World and the young people who learned what's the meaning of the Real's shirt and shield from their infancy, we need promote our youth system.

Meanwhile I hate mercenary teams like Barça, where all the foreign legion fight for a better fee rather than their club's performance such as Rivaldo or Figo, we need some people to balance this matter, at least we need 4 or 5 players from the youth system rather than more mercenaries fixed on their bank accounts.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
So while you claim Rivaldo and co are mercenaries who play for the money, you think Figo and Zidane moved to Real for some other reason? Come on, thats naive.

Also, Nesta is 25 years old and the second best defender in the world. Your defence is quite frankly lame. you need help there. Perez will anyway shell out a fortune for a player, and I do think that Nesta will be far more important and usefull for Real than Vieira or Shevchenko/Crespo. Nesta will not come to take Pavon's position, he will come to replace Hierro. Maybe not the first year but in not-so-distant future your defence line would be Nesta and Pavon.

You also say that Nesta cant make big difference. Well, thats ridiculous. Nesta CAN make difference, and VERY big one. Take him away from Lazio and they are crap, take him away from Italy and they'll have no chance for anything in the WC, even though they have defenders like Materazzi or Iuliano as replacements! I finally dont understand why you consider attacking players like Raul, Figo and Zidane more important for a team than a defender. Everyone has his job in the pitch and Nesta does his job as good as Zidane as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I think your post is non-sense, and you should re-read it and realise what you wrote.

According to Amo, every post is non-sense. That's his expression of the month! And by the way, the attacking line-up of Raul, Morientes and Figo has been enough to excel Real to an almost unstoppable team in the last few years, even with a shaky defence. I'm sorry, but to ask why we consider Raul, Morientes, Figo, etc... more important than a defender is pretty evident to me. I do agree we need reinforcments in the back. But, the honest truth is that even with a crappy defence, Real have been winning games with their forward line-up. The fact that Real would many times concede 2 or 3 goals in a game but score 5 and win the game shows how important these players are to Real.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Of course

Figo and Zidane came here for money, specially Figo, Zidane also was bored in Serie A and he aged 29 and hasn't won the CL at Juve. I'm sure they don't jointed us whithout an increase of their fee...

BTW Italy is the same with Nesta or without him and Lazio too, in one word "nothing" now.

IMO some of those defensive problems in Madrid are relative to midfield where Makelele is alone in his destructive mission, from this point of view I think Vieira is more necessary, although we would need a central back I think we don't need pay for him this ridiculous amount of money...:devil: we can expect to the final Lazio's bankrupt and take him for his authentic price, we aren't the saviors of the bankrupt Serie A teams we are devils :devil: rather than angels angel: , Why don't pay less? :D :D :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts