Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PAVLIN, the second star of Slovenia, playing in Germany currently may join Porto next season...
Negotiations are on the way...
...Don't know him too well but he seems to be another creative number 10... (although playing with 11 for Slovenia)

Hewitt

PORTO!!!

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
No way back for Zahovic???

I cannot see the great Zlat coming to us then if Pavlin joins. Over here British clubs are getting excited over Zlat (especially Tottenham) and I have doubts he will return to Porto - Olympiakos will look to try and take advantage of his EURO 2000 performances and maybe put the asking price up which may force PDC to run back home with his wallett.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Miran Pavlin signs for Porto

Miran Pavlin has signed a four year contract with Porto! He is a defensive midfielder who does come forward at times, but his national coach Katanec says that he and Ceh "rarely go into the opposing half".

He scored a header against Yugoslavia in the 3-3 draw. The cross was beautifully swung in by, yes, Zlatko Zahovic.

Whaat about that happening next season?? Maybe Pavlin signed because he was tipped off by Zahovic or PDC that Zlat was indeed coming to Porto. Who knows....lets hope Miran and Zlatko are good friends....and maybe Zlat will have another incentive to return back "home". :)

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Well he's 29 or something so I don't see that he has too much to offer us but to be honest I haven't seen too much of him apart from Slovenia games. Was he a regular starter at Karlsruhe? I presume he was. But maybe one of you knows.

From what I have seen he looks like another Chainho or Peixe.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
he's in the prime of his career. He is much more offensive than Chainho or Peixe...PS I saw Paredes play...this guy is World Class

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I hope your right Marco cos judging by some of his tackling against Norway he should stick to going forward.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
English TV today were looking at some of the surprise players of Euro 2000. Both Zahovic & Pavlin were mentioned and they said how both of them "would be great players in the Premiership next season".

They clearly haven't heard that Pavlin has just signed for us.

But I hate it the way they all drool over Zlatko now but the fact is that Zlatko has been a world class player for about 3 years now. Haven't these people seen him play in the Champions League where he was top scorer at 1 point in 1998???

But I guess nobody payed any attention to Porto players in those days - including Luxemburgo the Brazil coach who was rediculous to ignore Jardel for so long from his squad and harshly left him out of the 1999 Copa America squad.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Dani,

Don't you know already? If you don't play in Spain, Italy or England your not good enough to play on your countries national team! :rolleyes: I think it is some sort of rule instituted by FIFA and UEFA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts