Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Partizan close to sealing Paunovic move

Tuesday 25th June 2002

Partizan Belgrade have confirmed that Veljko Paunovic is set to join the club, subject to him receiving a substantial pay-off from Atletico Madrid.

"Partizan and Veljko are in agreement, as are Partizan and Atletico. All that is left is for Velkjo and Atletico to come to an agreement," said club director Nenad Bjekovic.

Paunovic was seen as one of Yugoslavia's most promising talents as a youngster, but has not been a great success in Spain. He spent the end of last season on loan at Oviedo and Real Mallorca, but is keen to join the Yugoslav champions for next season.

"The only remaining problem is that Paunovic does not want to give up on a substantial pay-off. He's now waiting for the Atletico board to decide how to pay him off," added Bjekovic.

The Partizan squad have already assembled for pre-season training, ahead of their Champions' League second-round qualification matches with Swedish club Hammarby.

They are being forced to see whether any of their players will be snapped up by bigger clubs, while ensuring they do not sign cup-tied players. "We haven't changed the squad. We have only one reinforcement," said coach Lujbisa Tumbakovic.

"The transfer window in Europe can leave us without one, two or three players. It could put us in a risky situation, having to sign players quickly to ensure qualification for the Champions' League."

Not only are the club unhappy at being unable to build up their squad; they also feel the draw has treated them harshly. "The quality of Swedish football is evident from how well their national team played in the World Cup," said Tumbakovic.

"I haven't seen our opponents play a game yet, but Nenad Bjekovic and myself will try to compensate for that by the end of July. They have four league games until they meet us, so I will watch some of them in person. I have enough time."

The 30-strong squad have gathered in Belgrade for the first three days of training, before setting off for their traditional pre-season base-camp on the mountain of Tara.

Once the players have returned to fitness, Tumbakovic will take them on tour. They were initially due to travel to Austria, but fear over the quality of the opposition now means they will travel to Switzerland instead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

do you guys think that could really happen ????

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i hope partizan could pay his wages, he would be a great reinforcement for the squad. we need that type of player to qualify for champions league. mijatovic could be useful too.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Jugoslovenski fudbaler Veljko Paunovic saopstio je da ostaje u madridskom Atletiku i da njegov povratak u beogradski Partizan nece biti ostvaren.

Na svom internet sajtu, Paunovic je naveo da je postojala mogucnost da se na godinu dana vrati u Partizan i tako pomogne da udje u Ligu evropskih sampiona, ali da je ugovorom i dalje vezan za Atletiko.

"Profesionalni ugovorom ja sam jos godinu dana vezan za madridski Atletiko, dakle nisam slobodan igrac i moje zålje ostaju samo moje zelje, a realnost je nesto sasvim drugo. Situacija u kojoj sam se nasao bila je vrlo delikatna, jer kada igrac prelazi pre isteka ugovora iz jednog kluba u drugi, on mora napraviti odgovarajuci sporazum sa obe strane", istakao je Paunovic.

On je naveo da se vrlo brzo dogovorio sa celnicima Partizana, kao i da se Partizan dogovorio i sa Atletikom, ali da je zapelo u pregovorima Paunovica i madridskog kluba o raskidu ugovora.

"Obzirom da prihvatljivo resenje za obe strane nije bilo lako naci, vec sada sa sigurnoscu mogu reci da cu i u narednih godinu dana biti clan madridskog Atletika", porucio je Paunovic, doskorasnji igrac spanske Majorke.

Paunovic je izrazio zaljenje sto transfer u Partizan nije realizovan i uputio je izvinjenje svim navijacima Partizana.

"Porucujem im da maksimalno podrze nas Partizan na trnovitom putu ka evropskoj eliti. Njihova energija je nesto sto moze i mora presudno motivisati igrace Partizana da preskoce sve prepreke na putu do vrha", porucio je Paunovic navijacima Partizana.

Poruku objavljenoj na naslovnoj strani sajta, Paunovic je zavrsio recima: "Ma gde se ja nalazio, uvek cu biti u Humskoj. Mnogo smo jaki, verujte u to!".

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
great. i want to see our "100% young underrated yugo talents" team screw every superstar team in the upcoming champions league. i wish they reach the first round and make their best to prove all europe our clubs are not dead.
such (underrated) players like paunovic are priceless for a team like partizan nowadays. he will surely shine. just look at these goals @ http://www.veljkopaunovic.com/html/videogalerija.html
and you will know...

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
If there is one worrying thing, it is the fact that the likes of Ilic, Ivic, Duljaj, Pjanovic are still in our league without the possibiliy of moving out to a stronger league.
Ilic and Ivic need this especially because they are no longer youngsters, they are talented players but they need the experience of playing against world class players.
If they don't find a club soon, they will be lost for the NT which will be a great shame..

·
©
7,230 Posts
What is the financial situation at Partizan and CZ? I notice that these clubs don't really sell alot of players. Is that because you have the money to keep them or that they really haven't got offers from overseas. Just curious because Croatian clubs can barely pay their players.

aca, be prepared to close this thread fast.:D

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
dinamovac11 said:
:D

I dont know the financial situations of RS & Partizan, but i think that in 2000-2001 Partizan had almost 40 players. Now either they are paying them peanuts (which is more likely version) or They do have money.

Secondly, none in Europe has cash & prices of players are bound to go down. Lazio put up Crespo & Nesta for sale and so far no firm offers;) Soon, Big teams will be able to get players for less & less money than what we are used on.

Third, before, old YU was the biggest exporter of talent in Europe. Now others cought up and secondly maybe, just maybe, that talent is just not on the level it was several years ago.

Cheers,

Aca

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the point is : players get valuable when they are watchable... how many years have we been out of the champions league ? this is the worst thing for our football and youngsters. noone can see them. ilic, ivic, pjanovic and duljaj have to leave even for a moscow or kyiv club. i mean spartak and dynamo are good enough to give serious troubles to bigger clubs in the first qualification round. our guys ' performances would then be highlighted and would interest even better clubs.
that's the rule. but as long as we are not part of the champions league or make a UEFA quarterfinal, we don't have to expect anything for them. thanks to savicevic, most of these guys can play at international level and get seen somehow.

·
Registered
404 Posts
dinamovac11 said:

This is actually more of a civilized board. We don't have any Oluja's and moderator's who act as if they're innocent angels, but instead fuel things that would easily result in WWIII. We also won't create a rukkus if you praise one of our players, even though the choice might be slim. ;)

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
Il_Genio said:

This is actually more of a civilized board. We don't have any Oluja's and moderator's who act as if they're innocent angels, but instead fuel things that would easily result in WWIII. We also won't create a rukkus if you praise one of our players, even though the choice might be slim. ;)

Tell me about it...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Il_Genio said:
moderator's who act as if they're innocent angels, but instead fuel things that would easily result in WWIII.
I guess i should take this as an compliment:D;) :) :tongue:

Thanx;)
Yous till havent seen the REAL me:devil: :fero: :tongue:

He asked an "touchy" question and made his own back-up;)

I see no probelm in that:)

·
©
7,230 Posts
About the forums, moderators etc. I think aca said it best in one of the threads, I don't even remember which one. We read each others posts with a magnifying glass. Doesn't matter how much good stuff there is we always notice the little things and make a big deal out of them. I geniunely think Petko meant to congratulate Ancic because he did the same on another forum, but that comment about Lazio and Stankovic is unfortunantley all that is needed to cause a stupid argument. Now that comment didn't bother me personally, it may even be true but other people see it differently. Not to mention Petko has got a bit of a reputation around these forums.:)

All that is needed is a little common sense. When I do post on this forum I post sports related things but we all know how quickly sports can turn to politics with us and all it takes is one little sentence that is interperated the wrong way.:(

Now back to the topic. Pretender I agree with your post about players not being seen etc. Ex Yu was the biggest exporter of talent in europe and I still think the region is a huge exporter but instead of going to Spain, Italy, Germany etc alot of players are going to Greece, Turkey, Austria and who knows where. I guess in a way they are better off going there than going to huge clubs and sitting on the bench because in Croatia at least, players are leaving way to early and before they really develop as a player..

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
Well, its good that some of us understand each other, dinamovac11 ;)

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Both of our countries are having a down period after such a productful era of players, it happened in the 80's after the likes of Djaic and Sekularac and company. I just wish that the players of the 90's could have shown their talents off to the world when they were at their best. If they were to have stayed together imagine what a team we would have had. We would have dominated international football for at least four years. I think the war really took a tole on the countries econimacally and although Croatia is building it back up with the tourism they're getting we are still in trouble as other countries can invest more money into football we cannot. There will always be great players being produced but not as good as the players of 60s, 70s and 90's.

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
The former Yugoslav republics always have and always will be something of a conveyor belt of talent. It's just that both Croatia and Yugoslavia are in a period of transition- a whole generation of top players is being gradually replaced by a new young generation. Whether they'll achieve success remains to be seen.

Regarding clubs, I think times are very uncertain everywhere financially, whether it's in a major league or in "lesser" leagues. It would be good if the exodus of players slows down, as it would allow players to develop at home and make teams more competitive especially in Europe. Players also need regular first team practice, which they are far from guaranteed at a club like Barcelona or Juventus.
Both Croats and Yugoslavs seem to be just about everywhere these days, not just in the major European leagues... you're sure to find them scattered in places like Greece, Turkey, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Sweden, Denmark, and even places as far off as Brazil and South Korea :D

It will be interesting to see if clubs from the former YU will be able to make some impact on Europe this season. If Partizan can keep their current side together and get things right, they might stand a chance of making the first group stage. Same goes for the other clubs from former Yugoslav republics. The more competitive European competitions are- i.e. a competition NOT totally dominated by the G-14 in which G = GREED :rolleyes: :mad: - the better.

Personally, I hope some day UEFA sees sense and goes back to the old European formats. Excessive number of European games are threatening to drag standard down and take its toll on players.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's a good analysis. Football suffers from a global crisis. Just look at the richer leagues : italy, spain, england and germany. No major movement. Italian clubs ask their players to decrease their wages ! but this was predictable : in italy, for instance, each year, there are not less than 10 clubs who must be champions... that means they made so much investments that they must be champions not to bankrupt ! this crisis is spread out : in France, Turkey, Greece, Holland, Belgium... it's simply everywhere.

players became also as overrated as overpaid : how can you imagine that such players as Nesta or Cannavaro aren't able to find a club ?
Now it seems every players are expensive ... ( well! buy yugos ! ;)) but the problem is for yugos or brazilians who are bound to exportation : our players need to improve. to improve, they need to go to stronger leagues, but noone want of them for the moment. because these clubs have to justify the investments they made for their players : veron at manchester, mendieta at lazio, etc. coaches make them play because these players are imposed by the club's management. it's like a duty. look at riquelme at barcelona, it is a striking example. gaspart chooses the player, not the coach !
that's the reason why our players benchwarm the whole season. they are cheap so the coach has no duty to make them play. football is show-business. put stars on the pitch and let's see. last year, zaccheronni had a lot of courage to make stankovic an unarguable regular in the team when you see that mendieta, claudio lopez and fiore were generally relegated to the bench... ivan tomic for instance will have to wait until the end of his contract to benefit from a free transfer and at last escape from as roma...

i just hope this economical crisis will help our players to shine in the champions league and prove their real value and i am sure that during the winter mercato they will leave for good or even great clubs.

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
I hope this, and the failure of big name teams in this year's WC, teaches the lesson that money and hype is not justified. Italian clubs can only blame themselves, because they waste huge amounts of money every year on players. Serie A is suffocating as a result, and players waste time on the bench when they could be playing regular football elsewhere.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts