Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Click Here

Still only 32, a great career has been cut short by injuries. If I am not mistaken, he is the first of the Golden Generation to retire. :depress:

He will go down as one of the most decorated Portuguese players ever, having won almost everything there is to win at the club level.

Força Paulo!!

·
International
5,629 Posts
Couldn't agree more.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Indeed, his full potential will remain a thing of speculation. Unfortunate, a repetitive theme around these parts.

·
Registered
986 Posts
career cut short, yes but if only half of these guys today could accomplish what he accomplished.

His years at Juventus were fantastic not to mention some additional time at a very strong Dortmund squad.

I only wished he had more success at the national team. He seems like a guy who deserved it.

Plus, he can't be all bad he is from Viseu.
:)

·
International
5,629 Posts
england66 said:
career cut short, yes but if only half of these guys today could accomplish what he accomplished.

His years at Juventus were fantastic not to mention some additional time at a very strong Dortmund squad.

I only wished he had more success at the national team. He seems like a guy who deserved it.

Plus, he can't be all bad he is from Viseu.
:)
THe fact that he's from Viseu detracts from his accomplishments. ;)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah he was a class player back in his days at Juventus and Dortmund he has been a great ambassador for portuguese football. I still thought he was a great player at Panathanaikos he should have stayed it looked like he was getting his form and than hit with injuries once again, talk about a career with ups and downs.

Thanks Paulo

Forca Portugal

·
Registered
213 Posts
Penguin said:
Click Here

Still only 32, a great career has been cut short by injuries. If I am not mistaken, he is the first of the Golden Generation to retire. :depress:

Who will be next?:depress:

Adeus Paulo.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I think Baia will be next... just a gut feeling.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I may be a bit rough in saying this , but the writing had been on the wall for a few years. We all kept patience with him cause we knew what he could do but for 5 years atleast he couldnt go more than 6 weeks without getting injured & it had been getting worse aswell . So this comes as no surprise. I will say when Sousa was on top of his game when fit was a damaging player on par with Figo. Sad too see him leave but as the saying goes No one lives forever and life in soccer is a short one !!

·
Registered
213 Posts
F1Soccer-Por. said:
I have the same feeling as you.:depress:
Oh no, we are are back to my talking guts again!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
F1Soccer-Por. said:
I think so too. The writing has been on the wall for him aswell for some time. But I think he will do his knee before he realises what the rest of the world already knows. But you cant take away what he has done for his Club & Country and his acheivements. They outta build a statue of him outside of Antas ( and then some hooligan will vandalise its knees )

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Lol-Voodoo statue?:D ;)

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
No I don't think Baia is going to be next. You've heard many times what he has said, that he still loves to play. He's gonna keep on playing until no one wants him.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Soccer Star said:
No I don't think Baia is going to be next. You've heard many times what he has said, that he still loves to play. He's gonna keep on playing until no one wants him.
I'll take him if no one wants him!.:embarass: :flirt:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts