Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heynckes must be feeling very rich with the creation of the S.A.D. , to reject a player like Paulo Bento for free.
This is the inconvenient thing about letting a coach decide on which players you should sign.
I can still remember JVA`s words:"A coach is for coaching , the club will decide which players it should sign."
I say Heynckes càn`t rule more than the president.Benfica is too big to be subdued to the will of any coach ,Heynckes , Eriksson ,or anyone else.
If Heynckes wants to rule ,rule him out.

·
International
5,629 Posts
You know I agree with you. It's not the first time Benfica just gives up on excellent players...Look at Deco in Porto and Amaral in Vasco. The only guy in the front office with an eye for talent is Prud'homme see Sabry, Machiaridis, and the recent Yugo signing.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Ditto - I'd start Paulo Bento in place of Maniche or Kandaurov. Meanwhile, Heynckes played Chano nearly every game because he loved him in Spain.

The whole coach/GM thing hardly every works in any sport. For a recent example, see Rick Pitino and the Boston Celtics. 'Nuff said!

PS - RedEagle - congratulations to your Devils - with the Avs out (i.e. - Ray Bourque), I'd root for any team, even the Rangers to beat Lindros' squad).

PPS - any truth to the whole Lindros/Brind'amour's wife rumor?

·
International
5,629 Posts
Razor I wasn't aware of Lindros and Brind'amours wife...I doubt anything is happening after that hit though...I am still feeling it today! It must have been payback for something :)

Thanks on the Devils. Stevens is the best defenseman in the league and he never gets the recognition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts