Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiii all brazilians.........
I m one of old fans for the BRAZILIAN NT and i love all brazilian people :shades:
But until now i can't understand what is PAULISTA and CARIOCA?
Is it just regions and cities or it is more than that?????
THANX BRAZILIANS :happy:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Paulista = from the state of Sao Paulo (e.g. Sao Paulo, Corinthians, Palmeiras, Santos)

Carioca = from the city of Rio de Janeiro (e.g. Flamengo, Botafogo, Vasco, Fluminense)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Paulista is the person who was born in the state of Sao Paulo. Also we have the Paulista Championship (where play teams from Sao Paulo like Corinthians, Palmeiras, Santos, Sao Paulo etc)

Carioca is the person who was born in the state of Rio de Janeiro. We have the Carioca Championship (Flamengo, Fluminense, Vasco, Botafogo etc)

Many players put "Carioca" or "Paulista" after their names, like Marcelinho Carioca, Juninho Paulista etc

There are others like Gaucho (who was born in Rio Grande do Sul), Pernambucano, Mineiro, etc

Ah, and inho means "little"... Like Ronaldinho = Little Ronaldo..... Juninho = Little Junior......... Marcelinho = Little Marcelo etc

·
Registered
301 Posts
Gustavo76 said:
Carioca is the person who was born in the state of Rio de Janeiro. We have the Carioca Championship (Flamengo, Fluminense, Vasco, Botafogo etc)
A Carioca is from the city of Rio as Rei Volante stated above. A Fluminense is from the State.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx a lot i've got it :D
but why a lot of whites are from sao paulo e.g. KAKA, DIEGO, LEONARDO & JUNINHO, while others from rio de janiero are blacks e.g. RONALDINHO, ADRIANO, DIDA, ROQUE JR., & ZE ROBERTO????

·
Administrator
30,826 Posts
Wait,
Roque Jrs is from Palmeiras (not rio), Leonardo is from Rio (started with Flamengo), Juninho (one is from Pernambuco, another state), Dida is from Bahia (never played in Rio), Ze Roberto started with Portuguesa from Sao Paulo. There is no rule and even this information about where they started leads to mistakes, because the big clubs receive players from everywhere,so, a player may start in Rio team coming from Minas, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts