Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent the day shoving green bamboo under my nails and then holding them to the gas flame until they lit. No seriously, I did worse, stayed home, re-watched the game and read media reports on it.

I can't believe nobody is lambasting Pauleta. Sure J. Costa, Baia and Couto deserved blame, but what about this so called wonder boy Pauleta. How many chances did he miss? I stopped counting at 5. Headers, a few nice passes from Rui, he could do nothing right.

Next game, Ricardo better be in goal and N.G. up front. If this guy only plays good in France bbq a frog for him and start him on his way back.

G

·
I have always beleived Nuno Gomes to the better striker. But i also think Portugal has a problem with strikers. I mean we have 2!!! there is no competition for them. As much as i like Nuno Gomes if there had been more portuguese strikers scoring for a good team would he of mede it?

I think it is about time we gave full call ups to a number of the U21's. In that we need some more strikers and some new defenders!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
i like nuno gomes, but he is not better then pauleta, he had a bad game just like the rest of the team did. He is our best striker, believe it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pauletta is our best striker.. But i think we should have brought more than 2 strikers to the world cup... Who u ask? i dont know maybe Postiga or J. Tomas just to ride the bench in case we really needed them.. Were probably the only country in the cup with only 2 strikers..I think Baia, Couto, Costa, and Sousa are on the team cuz what they did in the past andd not that they are the best. Those guys should all be benched. Beto and Andrade are the best CB's.. Clearly Ricardo is the best Goalie..

Couto and Costa will never be able to hang with the tiny and fast korean strikers..We need P. `bento in the lineup also.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Yeah I felt Pauleta shouldve done bvetter but cause we only play the one striker for 80 minutes in every aerial dual he was in he was competing with 2-3 Americans, just to get his head to the ball was a credit , had Nuno been on straigh from the start of the 2nd half I felt we couldve pinched the game. Actually I feel Bruce Arena himself was surprised that Nuno wasnt out there either !!

G

·
Pauleta has never proven himself to me in the NT! Nuno Gomes has struggled domestically but he was still out top scorer in the quals and how many times did he start? He has a knack of putting away crosses at crucial times and i feel now is more crucial than ever.

We definatley need more there and more competition as a whole up front. Joao Tomas is a possibility i feel that had he still been with Benfica scoring goals he would be there and be confident but he hasnt excelled for Betis but there is no one else.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
OGOLO said:
HAS HE PROVEN HIMSELF TODAY! :D ;) :)

VIVA PORTUGAL!

VIVA ACORES! :proud:

F***** A right OGOLO!!!

Oh and Manuel.....Here's a :tongue: for you because you jumped off the bandwagon!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dear Pauleta,

As agreed, I will be stopping by your place once a week from now until I'm dead to,

cut your grass with my teeth
shine your shoes
wax your car, (I think we said 24 coats)
hand wash your laundry
take out the garbage

oh yeah, I also thought it appropriate to donate half my salary to your favourite charity. Fair is fair.

Talk about Highs and Lows. Holy ****, that was worth waking up for. I love being proven wrong like this!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts