Xtratime Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pauleta has been awarded as best player of the French league for the season 2001-2002.
Pauleta, who plays for Bordeaux, is a magnificent scorer with lot of skill.

Congratulation to this great player :star:

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
hypno said:
Pauleta has been awarded as best player of the French league for the season 2001-2002.
Pauleta, who plays for Bordeaux, is a magnificent scorer with lot of skill.

Congratulation to this great player :star:
Well he scored the most goals for a mediocre team , So why wouldnt he get the award ??????? For chrissakes he was heads and shoulders above the other crap at Bordeaux this season , without him they wouldve been relegated but they finished in the top 6 & won the French cup !! In terms of other players in other teams , yeah Nic Anelka was an early contender but the highly over rated sukana was exposed and loaned to a better league :confused: to Liverpool . Where he showed on a higher stage how much he has lost it. Pauleta was unlucky to be at Deportivo at the wrong era , cause goalscoring during his stay wasnt a problem ,at Bordeaux there is a sick over reliance...........

I wouldnt mind seeing him in Italy or England or mabee Spain again ( atleast he would have more respect !! ) !!

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Respect is over rated, Couto. Perhaps he'll sneak a few in at the WC before our opponents realize his potential.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I know the story of respect but "Our" Pauleta isnt one who hasnt got much. Let him be under rated by much of the press , I dont care , I know what he can do , I am sure most of us Portugueas know aswell !! Let him rock !!

And let him roll our opponents !!!

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
I still say Pauleta is much better when paired up with Nuno Gomes.

Are we all getting pumped up or what?

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Pila , Pauleta is better paired with Nuno Gomes But I wanna see, but yet to see a successful starting lineup with the 2 !!!! Oliveira still persists with starting the 1 striker ( & I kinda like his tactics ) so i see no need to change. Oliveira in charge of "official games" has only lost 1 in 24 starts !! and that was to the Czech Rp. in Euro96 (1-0) & everyone has to admit hten we only had half the team we have now !!!

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
I've accepted my role as a fan. I may not like it, but I've accepted it. However, the moment we f*ck a game up because of his defensive tactics, I'll be the first to rip 'em a new a-hole!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Pila said:
I've accepted my role as a fan. I may not like it, but I've accepted it. However, the moment we f*ck a game up because of his defensive tactics, I'll be the first to rip 'em a new a-hole!
hehehn Pila I accept your views , you pretty much mirror my familie's views, BUT......... Oliveira has that good a team , we have a great offensive team but on the flip side of the coin we have a defensively vulnerable team......no one who follows the NT closely can deny this !!!

We have to play our Happy medium of 4-2-3-1 tactic , it does offer great potential in manouevering & restructuring if we get on top early!! and when we do no one seems to complain when we do slip on the extra striker ( Normally Nuno ). I suppose every Boss has ther critic & there backer, But I'll back Ao .........but I scrutinise evreygame & out of three 24 "official" games he has managed he has botched up 3 atleast !!!!!!

1 V Czech Republic at Ero 96 ( Only loss 0-1 ), we shoulda have won , no forward presence in that game
2. V Ireland in Lisbon( 1-1 ), again our players missed there chances we shoulda done alot better !!!

3. V Holland in Oporto( 2-2 ). Outplayed badly......Got a 2-2 draw with Pauleta & Figo in the last 8 minutes !!! Holand felt stiff But Portugal as a nation felt strong !!!

besides that we have done well under him,!!!!!!

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Remember that the Holland-Portugal game in Porto we scored only when we added Nuno Gomes to the line up. Though it was Pauleta who scored, it was Nuno who cleared the way by taking both central defenders with him.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Pila said:
Remember that the Holland-Portugal game in Porto we scored only when we added Nuno Gomes to the line up. Though it was Pauleta who scored, it was Nuno who cleared the way by taking both central defenders with him.
YES As I said in his worst 3 games as #1

In game 3 Oliveira did redeem himself in the last 8 minutes!!! even though Nuno came on at around the 65' mark he did change the course of the game !! Quim did cop a lot of flak about this game but I beleive no one wouldve done better , Holland neede 3 ponts , they came too win only , and got a draw even though it may rank IMO as AO worst 3 games it was a succes in hindsite on the strength of 10 mintues play !!!

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
COUTO 5 said:

YES As I said in his worst 3 games as #1

In game 3 Oliveira did redeem himself in the last 8 minutes!!! even though Nuno came on at around the 65' mark he did change the course of the game !! Quim did cop a lot of flak about this game but I beleive no one wouldve done better , Holland neede 3 ponts , they came too win only , and got a draw even though it may rank IMO as AO worst 3 games it was a succes in hindsite on the strength of 10 mintues play !!!
Those were badass ten minutes, though. The Dutch players were like, "what the f*ck happen to this team???"

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
you know for years i have been thinking who would i want to see start pauletta or nuno? nuno is my favorite player but pauletta represents azorian pride. I honestly believe pauleta should start ahead of nuno, he is shown he is the better player. But dont get me wrong nuno is still the man

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
05/05/2002, Pauleta linked with Spurs and Newcastle

More about Pauleta Newcastle Tottenham Portugese striker Pauleta has been linked with Premiership clubs Newcastle and Tottenham.

The Bordeaux player has been voted player-of-the-year in France, but the club president, Nicolas de Tavernost, has surprisingly gone public stating he wants to sell him.

"We didn't pay much to sign him, but we could sell him for a big profit," said de Tavernost. "We are discussing the matter, and I cannot say more at the moment. What I can say is that we're very careful about the club's spending.

"A football club is also made to discover new talents, which is what we did with Pauleta. Once these talents are grown up, they can be sold for profit." Newcastle and Tottenham are both reportedly keen to sign the £10M-rated striker.

Source : FootballBC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts