Votes: 6 60.0%

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 422 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paul Scholes recently returned to the Man utd side, and as ever impresses and makes Man Utd twice the team they are without him. He has impressed me ever since I saw him about 10 years ago against Ipswich where he was playing as a striker and scored 2 goals. His runs are lethal, he has the finishing ability of a world class striker and he is a great team player. My question is do you think Paul scholes is the best attacking midfielder in the world? Because I think he is. Top class.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Ha ha ha. Ho ho ho. He's good; but not even close.

By the way, the way the poll is made is really silly. So if someone doesn't consider him Scholes among the top 10 attacking midfielders in the world he considers him just "ok". Come on... I don't consider him among the top 10, but he is definitely more than ok. He is VERY good.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I'll put him top 10 easily :)

at any given time he might be top 3,but these positions will change so quickly ,plus do you include wingers as well ?

the bad thing is he is so great but Eriksson is such a prik he doesn't let him roam the pitch and do his thing and makes him defend in a fixed position,which is why he never scores,Sven has shown himself to be outrageously useless at managing Scholes.:(

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
He's one of the few underrated English players

Last season only Nedved was a better player imo.
Ruud and Scholes had a MASSIVE input in us winning the title last season, without either of them we realistically wouldn't have had a chance.

V

·
0 Posts
Zidane, Aimar and Van der Vaart are the top 3. Scholes is close to them.

Scholes is in my opinion a underrated player, the best english player, together with Beckham.

Players like Rosicky, Kaka, Totti, Micoud, Ballack, Valeron also are in the top 10.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
He is one of the best midfielders in the world .. the complete package , imo.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
He is in the top 10 at the very least (I would put him in hte top3),as an all round attacking midfielder. But as a goalscoring attacking midfielder there is noone better than him. Just check his record.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I dont think anuone can discount Scholes and what he means to Man Utd or the NT.

I think is fair to say that there are anti-biasis towards english players. I think Becks has proven his worth and quality in spain and I see no reason why Scholes, Giggs would differ.

Now talk of top 3 or top 10 is all argumentive because on what critieria do people make these polls.

Talent?
Trophies?
NT achievement?

if so than 2/3 he has proven but only few can claim all 3.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Best in the world?!?

Doesn't matter really does it?;)

As long as he keeps on producing the goods for United while someone else walks away with the individual awards you'd rarely hear the ginger-man complaining.

One thing that is certain is that nobody does better the stuffs that Scholesy does.I havent seen a player time his run so perfectly to knock in the goals nor have I seen anybody work so hard to win the ball for the team in midfield.He might be a short man but for someone of his height he scores a remarkable amount of goals with his head and that is just a testimony to his footballing brain.

In world football,perhaps Raul comes closest to the type of footballer Scholes can be described as.People might rate him according to their own judgement but for United faithfuls the ginger-prince will always be numero uno!

·
Registered
55,811 Posts
henry said in interview about scholes :

"scholes is the best player of EPL, just ask to vieira which guy gives him the most work"

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
mali said:
henry said in interview about scholes :

"scholes is the best player of EPL, just ask to vieira which guy gives him the most work"
:tongue: That made me laugh :) There is no doubt in my mind of how important Scholes is to our squad. But I wouldn't rate him in the top 10 in the world. He is truly a great player, probably top 15 ;) :happy:

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Scholes is definitely in top 10 list and probably in top 5 list. In my opinion, world class status is gained through work rate and consistency. And Scholes is pretty one of the most consistent attacking midfielder I've ever seen. He is a great playmaker and knows when to shoot.

·
Registered
368 Posts
thanks liang for the truth and i cant believe how some of the man u fans are underrating scholes some of the arsenal fans are smarter than some of the man u fans.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just wanted a debate ;)

BTW I wouldn't really put Zidane in the same group, Nedved is also a bit of half half. But if you think someone is, go ahead. :)

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
If he just have the looks of Beckham....HE IS AMAZING, a very complete player, I care the less if it is the best of the world or not, he is one the best by far: an awesome shot, he can dribbles, giant balls, defensive skills, stamina, I love the guy, one of the most underrated (Giggs also, if he weren't welsh). To those that usually attack english NT, just yihs guy makes them a first class team.
PD: we trade him, we have Piojo lopez and carucha Crespo, and Castromans, etc, for the guy, would you???....NOOO??? well I just tried...****.

1 - 20 of 422 Posts