Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Derby County can confirm today that the club has parted company with manager Paul Jewell with immediate effect.

Paul has taken the decision to leave his role as he believes it is in the best interests of the club, and feels that he is no longer in a position to take the club forward.

It is with great regret that we accept this decision and Derby County would like to put on record its thanks to Paul Jewell for his effort and commitment over the last 12 months.

Assistant manager Chris Hutchings will take charge of the club with immediate effect and will lead the team for the next two fixtures, away to Forest Green Rovers in the FA Cup and at home to Manchester United in the Carling Cup semi-final.
Article continues
Advertisement

Derby County has no further comment to make at this stage.

First post in a while for me hehe.....ermm I think this was inevitable to be honest after yesterday because for that performance was the tip of the iceberg and with him not doing the post-match interviews made it even more clearly he was thinking about this

Hutchings has been put in charge for the next 2 games to see what he does against Forest Green in the FA cup and Man U in the semis of the carling cup, hardly the games to really judge him in fairness but oo well

Bring in Roy Keane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Best bit is we dont have to pay him off :)

Who we get in to turn things around, i'm not sure, but things just went from bad too worse under Jewell.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm very much also dont know either.... although their is a rumours of a Mr Tony Donaghue on the shortlist

His CV includes organising the 5-a-side training sessions on Normanton Park!!!! haha

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
hahaha how random!

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
hopefully they look at Paul Ince as well. I know he didn't do well in the Premiership, but I think he would still shake things up and do well.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think sorta reading between the lines here.. it appears Jewell left for the reason that he promised promotion and is clearly not gonna achieve that now, and with only winning 7 out of 50 games clearly that record was not good enough

I'm not a fan of chopping or changing managers but it appears to me that really we could argue since Jim Smith, we have struggled to back a manager or back-room troubles have affected the managers we can bring in (three *cough* amigos).

With the impending appointment of the next manager (disregarding Hutchings.. no dis-respect but I think we need a big personality at the club). As a club, we really need to be clear of what our expectations are because although we see ourselves as a Premiership club, we need to be realistic

Even though it seems like it was yesterday since we beat Palace at the BBG, the premier league is a very very different place with money being the main thing to any teams chances of survival. With these yanks as our backers they need to stick buy our next manager and make it clear to him what their expectations are right from the start

One interesting point to finish on thought, was I went to Derby night at a theatre in Derby and a fan asked him 'Where do you want the club to be in three years', and Glick said 'Looking for a European spot in the PremEIRship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

I wonder what will happen if we don't get their in three years :eek:

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
some names I've seen linked with the Rams

Chris Hutchings in a permnament move, Alan Pardew, Ian Dowie, Paul Ince, Igor Stimac, Alan Curbishley, Nigel Clough, Gary McAllister, Billy Davies :)howler: )

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Hutchings - No
Pardew - No
Dowie - Maybe
Ince - Maybe
Stimac - No
Curbishley - Dream on
Clough - No (want him to stay at Burton)
McAllister - hmm got leeds playing, but didnt get the results, so No
Davies - F** OFF

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
You can have Jim Magilton.
What's happened at Ipswich? You might of beat us but you were piss poor, and we probably should have won the game, and weren't good. You kept lumping the ball long, not what you expect from an ipswich side.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hutchings - No
Pardew - No
Dowie - Maybe
Ince - Maybe
Stimac - No
Curbishley - Dream on
Clough - No (want him to stay at Burton)
McAllister - hmm got leeds playing, but didnt get the results, so No
Davies - F** OFF
Haha not a lot of choice is their, read today that Clough's odds had been slashed...but I can't see him leaving Burton to be honest, doing a great job their as well :thumbsup:

·
Registered
59,077 Posts
Glen Hoddle? :hopeful:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Pearson seems to be saying he wants a young hungry manager, think they might actually make an approach for Clough

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
was watching the Wigan - Spurs match and they showed him doing the radio commentary for the match :D

ps, he looks like a mess now

1 - 15 of 15 Posts