Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Bosvelt now back in favour with King Kev? since I heard Barton was on the bench and that Bosvelt has played the last 2 games! your results have improved too though the bad run had to stop somewhere !

So is Bosvelts return the reason of the improvement? no need to be careful with your answer, you can say what you like about him. I'm no biased patriotic troll :D ;)

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
I'd still rather see Joey Barton over Paul Bosvelt any day for sure. Bosvelt is a good player with a big heart, but I rate Joey Barton more. Barton is a much quicker player. Against Liverpool I noticed Bosvelt was off the pace once or twice, but turned in a great performance.

However, if he can perform like he has done over the past two matches, I'd be glad to see him in the starting line-up ahead of McManaman. If we're still playing 3-5-2 I'd like to see Bosvelt and Barton together to protect the 3 centre-backs if Tarnat and SWP push forward too much. Barton, Bosvelt and Reyna is a great central midfield trio, as they'd all work their bollocks off, and Reyna can distribute it well.

Still prefer Joey Barton though

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
59,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah like Barton too from what I've seen of him :)

I only heard of him during the Feyenoord friendly earlier this season. I kept on hearing the commentator saying Barton and I thought he was talking about Warron Barton :howler: and I saw this shaven headed kid running around instead of the ageing defender:eek: :howler:

He's a real workhorse! has he been called up for Englands u21s btw? since he could imo really become Stephan Gerrards or Nicky Butts understudy in the future!

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
I saw that Feyenoord friendly. Couple that performance with the one against barcelona a fortnight later and I was convinced we'd win the uefa cup. :dontcare: :eek:

When I first saw the team line up against boro, which was when he first featured and it said Barton on the subs, I thought it was Warren Barton too! Then I found out it was J Barton. It still took about 4 months for him to get a game, but now everyone knows him. :)

He has played for the U-21s twice. Firstly in a 0-0 draw with Macedonia in which he was rewarded with Man of the MAtch, but picked up a booking. The next match was a 2-1 defeat against Portugal. He scored the goal, collected Man of the MAtch and another booking. This was like September. There has been one U-21s fixture since, against Slovakia but he was suspended already :howler: I'd like to see him in the full squad. Butt has not played much, so should not be in the squad.

BTW, Bosvelt looks set to play tomorrow as McManaman is injured. Barton looks set to partner him for the first time since Arsenal. Them two looked good together when we faced Blackburn and Arsenal, but it wasn't very attacking playing 4-5-1.

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
556 Posts
hi i am new to this i am a big city fan have a seson ticket for man city but i was abit dissapionted to hear u say joey barton might become the next stephen gerrard for one hes a stopper but then he does stupid passes to the other team players

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.