Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first i was thinking of opening this thread in the swiss forum but since he plays for OL, i decided to open it here ... :).
SV Hamburg is searching for a decent defender all over europe and now seems to have found what they are looking for : Müller. Müller already told the german media that he would like to play for Hamburg next season since he appreciates the city and the high attendance in the stadium ( about 50000 a game ) and in addition to that, his friend Raphael Wicky ( swiss international..) plays for HSV. But Wolfsburg is after him, too...
He will be for free since his contract at Lyon is running out.
What do you think about him, is he a good player ? I saw that he was a regular starter for Lyon over the last 3 1/2 seasons in the french league and in the CL - why does Lyon let him go, do they want to get rid of him ? Müller was quoted that he was not satisfied with the Lyon offer of about 700 k € - this is not very much for an experienced player like Müller imho...

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I would also be very suprised to see Lyon let him go:confused: as he is like you say a starter ever match. I think he started as a midfielder but has been a centre defender the last 2 seasons..
I think he is very good and seldom does a bad game...
Lyon also have 2 centre defenders brazilians (Edmilson & Cacapa) and especially Cacapa is really really crap... it would be a BIG mistake to let Patrick go...and for free also :rolleyes:

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe he's just using the offers from Hamburg and Wolfsburg to put the pressure on Lyon to offer him more money. Wouldn't be the first time that something like that happens ... :rolleyes: ...

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Let alone that Lyon is twice the club SVH and Wolfsburg are. And from my perspective, 700k € a year is no rip off for a player of his profile -what sort of wages does he actually covet? Going for the money isn't always for the better...

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steph! said:
Let alone that Lyon is twice the club SVH and Wolfsburg are. And from my perspective, 700k € a year is no rip off for a player of his profile -what sort of wages does he actually covet? Going for the money isn't always for the better...
Lyon twice the club HSV is ?
Talking about their actual success - ok. But Hamburg is still one of the biggest clubs in Germany with a huge fan potential and still is quite a big name all over europe. Does Lyon average 48000 visitors a game ? I don't think so.
On the other hand, because Hamburg is well known,
the club was often used by greedy players to increase their wages by threatening to go to Hamburg ( for instance, Haim Revivo :yuck: was using offers from Hamburg and Fenerbahce in a 'wage poker' only to go to Gala a year ago and also Mario Jardel did the same a few years ago ..). Therefore i still think that Müller is doing a gamble with his actual club. In Hamburg he could earn > 1 Mio for sure, so the Lyon management must ask himself how much Müller is worth for them.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
cacapa crap ???
i suggest you take another look
i heard tonight : from the last 8 games lyon lost, seven of them were when cacapa was out.
he is the best center back we have.
BTW, i'm not sure it's a good idea to let müller go, we don't have much choice in our back line.
and yes he's the captain when he plays.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts