Xtratime Community banner

Do you want Patrick Kluivert back in Oranje?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well? Does he deserve it? He's playing very well at NUFC and he's called a sensation :party: :excited: And since RvN isn't really in a hot form, Makaay never performs in the Dutch NT and PvH is on the bench in Turkey, we need a good striker ;)

MvB wants to play 4-3-3, and Pat is the perfect striker for that particular system. The system suits him more than it does for Makaay, RvN and PvH.

·
Registered
59,106 Posts
Yep, why not. I for one was annoyed at him since he clearly wasn't producing the goods for club and country before the summer but he definitely has found back form now.

Ruud I'd keep for sure. STill been impressive and banging in the goals despite not being 100 %

PVH I'm very unsure about now. Sure he's a leader to the younger ones but he's far too slow now and only a benchwarmer at Fenerbahce. Maybe better to bring him as a group atmosphere consultant instead of as a player

Makaay as well I'm unsure about. Not a player for a dominating 4-3-3 system. Ideal for counterattacking teams like Bayern and Deportivo but not visible enough for Oranje.

One of these 2 I'd drop for Kluivert, who I have seen recently for Newcastle. Last week against Everton he was brilliant (he got a 9 btw, highest rating of all). Feeding Bellamy with that pass for the goal :shades: and Alan Hanson showed and pinpointed his flicks too on the highlights on match of the day 2.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
I think he should be again in the selection . His performances are really good and he deserves to be included. But no Kluivert / van Nistelrooy in the attack, pleeeeeease! ;)

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Well, he is on fire at the moment so his form does warrant a place in Oranje, but Makaay and RVN are still superiour to him so he must sit on the bench.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I will pick him, but I will let him on the bench.

But, he should start when Holland face a weaker team, or when the team have already taken the lead by at least two goals.

·
Registered
936 Posts
dian said:
I will pick him, but I will let him on the bench.
But, he should start when Holland face a weaker team, or when the team have already taken the lead by at least two goals.
I don't see why we should play with a weaker team when facing a weaker opponent. We don't have to feel pity for these teams.

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
I voted No, but not coz I can't stand him. It's just that he's not performing better than Makaay, vNistelrooij, or vHooijdonk in anyway, and it's ludacris to call up 4 strikers for a match for only 1 position. Just like Hasselbaink has been experiencing for eons, Kluivert just has to miss out for the time being.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Ruud is out for at least 4-6 weeks because of an achilles injury. He will surely miss the game on Feb 9th. vs. England.
Maybe that´s the chance for Kluivert now.

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If Van Basten doesn't call him up while Ruud is injured and PvH is on the bench at Fenerbahce, it's clear that he just has something against Pat and we don't have to expect that Pat is ever going to be called while Van Basten is bondscoach.

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
I think Kluivert has a good chance to be called up for the friendly, now that vNistelrooij is out. vHooijdonk however remains the better pinchitter than Kluivert, so if Makaay is gonna start - which will probably happen - then of not much use having Kluivert in the squad, as he's most useful when he's a starter. Wouldn't surprise me either if vBasten asks Hasselbaink to rejuvenate his international career. Wouldn't be un-deserved.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Kluivert said:
If Van Basten doesn't call him up while Ruud is injured and PvH is on the bench at Fenerbahce, it's clear that he just has something against Pat and we don't have to expect that Pat is ever going to be called while Van Basten is bondscoach.
Does Marco have a reason to have something against Pat? :confused:
If a player shows good performances he should get what he deserves. No need to exclude him because of personal reasons.

·
Registered
936 Posts
This is what he says about it in the latest vi:
San Marco in vi said:
We have watched Kluivert recently during Chelsea-Newcastle United. He's actually playing behind the strikers, and that isn't a position that I see for him at oranje. Kluivert was only getting high balls, which was difficult for him. But he doesn't try to influence and inspire his environment to make it easier for him. It's difficult to judge him and to select him.
I think Kluivert just doesn't do it for him.

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
dian said:
No? Do you want to keep with the current squad? Or, do you have someone else?
1)I don't like him.
2)Yes,as long as kluivert is not in it.
3)I think Robben and Makaay should be support strikers with Van Nistelrooy as the lone forward.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Purger said:
1)I don't like him.
2)Yes,as long as kluivert is not in it.
3)I think Robben and Makaay should be support strikers with Van Nistelrooy as the lone forward.
I mean, after looking at the current situation where RVN is injured. He will be back in action after 8 weeks.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts