Xtratime Community banner

Pato out for 2 weeks

2K views 41 replies 23 participants last post by  WFA 
#1 ·
The bad news has come out:moan:

That means season over for us as we were heading into the most important part of the season. Away at Roma & away at Man U seem impossible without him.

Time for Hunter to show what's he got.

#8 · (Edited)
Horrible, horrible news, the indispensable Pato's out for 2 weeks that means he misses the most important 2 games of the season, Roma and United. Finger crossed Leo doesn't replace Pato with BeckHAM and stick with 433, HAM is not good enough for this level of football anymore.

EK's X'mas Tree for Old Trafford :eek:

----------------Abbiati------------------

Abate-------Nesta---Thiago------Antonini

-------Flamini----Pirlo----Ambrosini------

--------Seedorf------------Ronaldinho---

----------------SuperPippo--------------

Go Carlo Go :D

Patient counter attacking game is the key... to avoid 1-7 :depress:

For Roma's game in Rome, it's Mancini's time, but can he withstand the pressure of returning there? It would not be easy for anyone(understatement). So it's Abate's time at RW if Mancini isn't ready physically / mentally.

#9 ·
EK's X'mas Tree for Old Trafford :eek:

----------------Abbiati------------------

Abate-------Nesta---Thiago------Antonini

-------Flamini----Pirlo----Ambrosini------

--------Seedorf------------Ronaldinho---

----------------SuperPippo--------------
This looks like a sensible alternative.

For Roma's game in Rome, it's Mancini's time, but can he withstand the pressure of returning there? It would not be easy for anyone(understatement). So it's Abate's time at RW if Mancini isn't ready physically / mentally.
Maybe Mancini will be extra motivated to prove his value to his former club. This sort of thing has happened before. :undecide:

#12 ·
EK's formation is our best bet. Carlo style 4-3-2-1 or Leo style 4-3-3 on paper, it'll probably play more like Leo's 4-3-3 with the difference being Seedorf's take on Pato's usual position (Clarence will be more free and cut inside/deep).

We really need Seedorf back and ready to do the business ASAP. Pato's absence is really not good whatever way you cut it, but it gives Seedorf and opportunity to step up and deliver, which he can do in big games.

Regardless of the result in the next two matches I just hope we put up a good fight and play some good football.

#16 ·
Abate moved back up to the right wing is another thought, although not likely since he is basically a RB now.

#17 ·
Abate would be the natural choice, but I too see him more as a fullback. Pato's main thing is scroing and Abate has probably scored as much goals in his career as Pato since the last injury (the last 10 days or so).

I had forgotten about Seedorf... Will he be ready? Him and Dinho on the flanks is quite strange to face Manutd. It would be like a team of the 1960's against a team of the 2010's.

But maybe the DNA thing... please...

#18 ·
FVCK! is all i have to say about this!

Ok, it's not, Abate should play there, Mancini isn't ready for a game at Old Trafford where we need to win by 2 goals, and Beckham is slow and really offers nothing we haven't already got in Pirlo and Dinho.

It costs nothing to hope, so i retain that, logically, the best i can hope for is a draw at Roma and a not so embarassing crash out of the CL :depress:

#19 ·
FVCK! is all i have to say about this!

Ok, it's not, Abate should play there, Mancini isn't ready for a game at Old Trafford where we need to win by 2 goals, and Beckham is slow and really offers nothing we haven't already got in Pirlo and Dinho.
I don't think Mancini is allowed to play CL, Inter probably put him on the list.

#20 ·
Abbiati
Bonera - Nesta - Silva - Jankulovski
Seedorf - Pirlo - Ambrosini
Abate - Borriello - Ronaldinho​

Quite an attacking central midfield, but Abate and Seedorf can overlap. Seedorf has the technical ability, Abate has the pace and defensive pressure. Could work, doubt Leo will go for it though.

#21 ·
It;s not 2007 any longer and Pippo is 3rd choice so that's where he should stay. Borriello to start with Hunter coming on 2nd half if needed, but hopefully not. Pippo can play in the next home game of little relevance.

#26 · (Edited)
Good to see the faith and belief is still there :rollani:

However uselss and hopeless it is, a true Milanista NEVER and i mean NEVER loses faith!! :stuckup:

speaking of Kaka, i just saw the replay of the Brazil v Ireland friendly...damn it hurts watching him play :cry:

#31 ·
If we can just take our chances we will have a chance..... But judging by last few weeks we WILL have chances, but will be left frustrated at the end of the night and wonder what might have been. I hope not, because Id rather crash out playing horribly then play a great game at OT and nearly make it through (like a 1-0 or 2-1 win). It would be just too heartbreaking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.