Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bad news has come out:moan:

That means season over for us as we were heading into the most important part of the season. Away at Roma & away at Man U seem impossible without him.

Time for Hunter to show what's he got.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
no Pato for the CL... Dinho is going to have to be super human for you guys to proceed.
I dont think Roma is as scary

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
In theory Mancini should be the reserve for that right-wing position that Pato has been occupying, shouldn't he?

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I didn't know that. :mute: I wonder who will replace Pato, then. Will this force Leonardo to change the system?

·
Registered
41,681 Posts
Well, I assume he's cup tied/already registered in the Competition, for Inter. I could be wrong, though.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I assume he's cup tied/already registered in the Competition, for Inter. I could be wrong, though.
Yeah he already played a CL game for Inter.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Horrible, horrible news, the indispensable Pato's out for 2 weeks that means he misses the most important 2 games of the season, Roma and United. Finger crossed Leo doesn't replace Pato with BeckHAM and stick with 433, HAM is not good enough for this level of football anymore.

EK's X'mas Tree for Old Trafford :eek:

----------------Abbiati------------------

Abate-------Nesta---Thiago------Antonini

-------Flamini----Pirlo----Ambrosini------

--------Seedorf------------Ronaldinho---

----------------SuperPippo--------------

Go Carlo Go :D

Patient counter attacking game is the key... to avoid 1-7 :depress:

For Roma's game in Rome, it's Mancini's time, but can he withstand the pressure of returning there? It would not be easy for anyone(understatement). So it's Abate's time at RW if Mancini isn't ready physically / mentally.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
EK's X'mas Tree for Old Trafford :eek:

----------------Abbiati------------------

Abate-------Nesta---Thiago------Antonini

-------Flamini----Pirlo----Ambrosini------

--------Seedorf------------Ronaldinho---

----------------SuperPippo--------------
This looks like a sensible alternative.

For Roma's game in Rome, it's Mancini's time, but can he withstand the pressure of returning there? It would not be easy for anyone(understatement). So it's Abate's time at RW if Mancini isn't ready physically / mentally.
Maybe Mancini will be extra motivated to prove his value to his former club. This sort of thing has happened before. :undecide:

·
Registered
935 Posts
For Roma game he is out for sure, but in my opinion is a PR trick, the milanelo lab will do its job to get him fit for the MU game, which is the game of the year!!!!
Forza Pato, wish him speedy recovery

·
Registered
15,666 Posts
EK's formation is our best bet. Carlo style 4-3-2-1 or Leo style 4-3-3 on paper, it'll probably play more like Leo's 4-3-3 with the difference being Seedorf's take on Pato's usual position (Clarence will be more free and cut inside/deep).

We really need Seedorf back and ready to do the business ASAP. Pato's absence is really not good whatever way you cut it, but it gives Seedorf and opportunity to step up and deliver, which he can do in big games.

Regardless of the result in the next two matches I just hope we put up a good fight and play some good football.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
well at least its 2 weeks could have been worse.
Still if its AROUND 2 weeks still slight chance he can make manchester still 10 days left.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Abate moved back up to the right wing is another thought, although not likely since he is basically a RB now.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Abate would be the natural choice, but I too see him more as a fullback. Pato's main thing is scroing and Abate has probably scored as much goals in his career as Pato since the last injury (the last 10 days or so).

I had forgotten about Seedorf... Will he be ready? Him and Dinho on the flanks is quite strange to face Manutd. It would be like a team of the 1960's against a team of the 2010's.

But maybe the DNA thing... please...

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
FVCK! is all i have to say about this!

Ok, it's not, Abate should play there, Mancini isn't ready for a game at Old Trafford where we need to win by 2 goals, and Beckham is slow and really offers nothing we haven't already got in Pirlo and Dinho.

It costs nothing to hope, so i retain that, logically, the best i can hope for is a draw at Roma and a not so embarassing crash out of the CL :depress:

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
FVCK! is all i have to say about this!

Ok, it's not, Abate should play there, Mancini isn't ready for a game at Old Trafford where we need to win by 2 goals, and Beckham is slow and really offers nothing we haven't already got in Pirlo and Dinho.
I don't think Mancini is allowed to play CL, Inter probably put him on the list.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Abbiati
Bonera - Nesta - Silva - Jankulovski
Seedorf - Pirlo - Ambrosini
Abate - Borriello - Ronaldinho​

Quite an attacking central midfield, but Abate and Seedorf can overlap. Seedorf has the technical ability, Abate has the pace and defensive pressure. Could work, doubt Leo will go for it though.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts