Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
International
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Courtesy of yahoo.com:
http://entertainment.yahoo.com/entnews/wwn/20020114/101102040007.html

Transylvania is Running Out Of Vampires!
Monday January 14, 2002

BUCHAREST, Romania - Transylvania is running out of vampires - and concerned authorities are warning that the tragic development may wipe out what remains of this poverty-stricken country's already suffering tourist industry.

Only 17 of the legendary monsters - identified and tracked as part of an extensive wildlife tagging program - are known to still be roaming the rugged Carpathian Mountains, according to vampire protection activists.

"Transylvania is their traditional home and if they don't survive here, then it's only a matter of time before they become extinct around the world," vampire activist Rad Dragunov cautioned.

Dragunov told the Vampire Survival Quarterly that the effort to rescue the undead has been hampered by years of bad publicity and a flippant attitude by interna-tional wildlife organizations which refuse to recognize them as an endangered species.

ADVERTISEMENT

"And at home, it's sad that after the horrors of Nicolae Ceausescu's Communist dictatorship, Romanians just aren't afraid of vampires anymore," he said.

The activist said scores of city-dwelling vampires were chased down and staked after the revolution of 1989, and the terrified survivors fled to the rugged mountains where they have been hiding out in caves and deep forests.

The taggers reported that the dirty, ragged survivors were undernourished, stres-sed out and suffering horribly from a lack of proper dental care.

Dragunov said it's very difficult now for Transylva-nian vampires to reproduce through the tried and true method of thrice kissing - or sucking the blood of a would-be recruit - because for the most part they've been removed from the society of living mortals.

Vampires have also occasionally been created when someone is struck by lightning, or certain people commit suicide, but Dragonuv said that's very rare these days.

"The sad fact of the matter is that without swift and sure humanitarian intervention, the vampires are doomed," he said.

"And we must not allow that to happen - because they're all we've got."
Some governamental vampire should sue those f!cking a$$holes and suck their ****ing money! :mad:

·
International
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How many people are reading this? I bet a couple of hundreds of thousands. And the thing is that plenty of 'em are actually believing this crap. The idiots from the government should stay more on the net since there are some great sueing opportunities for us. ;)

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I'm scratching my head over this one..did yahoo think it clever to contrive this mental diarrhea. or is there really a Romanian dunce somewhere [this Rad Dragunov] being "clever" and "witty" and "funny" by generating this garbage :confused:

·
Registered
453 Posts
You guys are blowing this out of proportion...

Without stories like this one I wouldn't get reactions like these..

"So you're from Romania...Is that the place where they have vampires and stuff??"

You should see the stupid looks on their faces when I say.."Yeah sure..That's why came to the States..They were after me."

I guess you have to be there to enjoy it, but believe me: stupidity makes for great humor..

·
Registered
16,434 Posts
WHAT????????? you are not vampires??? what a huge disapointment!!!!! I´ve already told all my friends that i communicate with count Dracula´s sons!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

:D :D :D just kidding!!!

That´s true Dinamo10 , recently i watched two T.V shows about Romania, one in CNN spanish and one in a local channel, Guess what they were about...

DRACULA!!!!!!!!! :devil: :devil:
:devil:

To be more exact, one was about the theme park and the other one was about the places in Romania related to the legend, like
some kind of Dracula restaurant :eek: :eek: :eek: but the bright side of this is that many people is interested in the country because of this and then maybe they learn about more important things, and i´m also sure it increases the tourism a lot. So don´t be so mad

·
Registered
453 Posts
Of course not all Romanians are vampires...Only those of us who have been struck by lighting..Don't you keep up with with these things...;)

·
International
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Rumaniac said:
WHAT????????? you are not vampires??? what a huge disapointment!!!!! I´ve already told all my friends that i communicate with count Dracula´s sons!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

:D :D :D just kidding!!!

That´s true Dinamo10 , recently i watched two T.V shows about Romania, one in CNN spanish and one in a local channel, Guess what they were about...

DRACULA!!!!!!!!! :devil: :devil:
:devil:

To be more exact, one was about the theme park and the other one was about the places in Romania related to the legend, like
some kind of Dracula restaurant :eek: :eek: :eek: but the bright side of this is that many people is interested in the country because of this and then maybe they learn about more important things, and i´m also sure it increases the tourism a lot. So don´t be so mad
In my oppinion this is very good. It might attract some extra tourists. But the Yahoo article is a disgrace. They can invent whatever they want as long as they don't insult anyone, not to mention a whole nation.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
The author's name is Cliff Linedecker - I suggest all those that find the article ridiculous write to him and show our disgust - I am looking for his e-mail...

·
Registered
453 Posts
The author's name is Cliff Linedecker - I suggest all those that find the article ridiculous write to him and show our disgust - I am looking for his e-mail...
Marius, if this "Linedicker" were a reputable journalist for the NY Times or The Economist, I would be all for your idea; but he isn't. Is just some lame loser with a sorry job. He is a 'nobody'. The best way to deal with idiots like him is to not pay any attention to them at all. If you write to to him it's not going to have the effect you want. he's not going to apologize and tell his "readers" that it was all a joke. Sending a letter will make him very happy..He's reaction will be something along the lines of..."Someone actually read my article...Someone actually sent me a letter about it. I must be an insightful and provocative journalist."

Don't give this loser the satisfaction of letting him know that you actually thought twice about his infintile story...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts