Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just signed Passarella for an offensive side full of young stars. With the exception of Kleberson, Roger & Fabio Costa, most players are only starting to taste the limelight of football.

Also, the group is very divided in terms of skill.... the new stars are very good players, and the majority of the group is home made but with limited skill.

Who would be a better Argie manager... Bielsa or Passarella??

I would have gonne for BIELSA!

Anyway, the team is gonna be:

1. Fabio Costa

2. Coelho 3. Anderson (Marinho) 4. Seba Dominguez 6. Gustavo Nery

8. Kleberson 5. Mascherano

7. Carlos Alberto 9. Roger

10. Carlitos 11. Gil

We need just a center forward and our team is a world beating machine with the right attitude!

Argies... give your thoughts to us plaease about passarella:)

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Bielsa is a crazy attacking mind who might suit Brazilian football style, but if you need a coach who can straigh players off and kick butts then it is Passarella, nothing special in his football, but he was after the pre-98 WC won over you guys in Brazil :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
He got sacked by Uruguay a few years ago.

To his credit, he brought up a very good crop of young talented players during his time as Argentina national team coach, also winning silver at the Olympics in 1996, however, he also was a rather divisive coach, seemingly delighting in pitting younger players against older players, i.e., the controversies between Hernan Crespo and Gabriel Batistuta. There were also controversies with Fernando Redondo's haircut, and his choice of Roberto Ayala as team captain in 1995 over older and more experienced players. Speaking of 1995, who can ever forget the poor coaching he displayed in the 1995 Copa America, losing to the USA and then completely botching up the Brazil match, taking Batistuta off prior to the match going to PK's.

Good Luck with him Ze.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
To his credit, he brought up a very good crop of young talented players during his time as Argentina national team coach
??????????????? that was his worst aspect, he is responsible for: Piojo lopez and no need to say anymore, not even an Ayala arranges this. He left aside areal great player, and his son, like Gallardo, he was awufull in that aspect, and bilesa did the worse to keep the base of that team, usually doesn't work even keeping a winner team in the NT, less a team that failed...

Pooh, Bielsa trying to convert brazilains in robots, will take quiet an effort, in that sense Passarella is more player coach, I only don't like his style and the Kaiser stuff..

For me NONE of them..but this doesn't mean he can't provide a titles as he already did, and I heard he is more offensive since his champ team in Mejico, so may be is a rebirth Passarella with less bullshit, in fact the mexican team had Erviti, Franco, etc,,, all stylish players far from runners with no brains...

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
What the hell are you talking about!? I knoiw you despise C. Lopez but he was at his prime during the Passarella years. You had to be a fool not to call him to the NT then.

And about the US match, yes, Passarella fielded the 'B' team against them and bit the bullet, a 3 x 0 bullet yet the match against Brazil he had nothing to do with. The referee was obviously paid off by Havelange (who was still in charge back then) as Tulio clearly scored with his hand to tie the game up (or was it to put them up?- I don't remember).

Anyhow, Passarella is a great coach but not anywhere near a genius, as is the case with Carlos Bianchi, Ramon Diaz, Bobby Robson, etc.

·
18,041 Posts
Lopez prime was as bullshit as Schiavi being skill, that's my point, he can be llike el Flaco a successfull club player, with the luck of the world both and mainly PERSONALITY, sthg. lots way more skill players lack; BUT he preferrerd:

Instead of backing Gallardo as 10, he used Veron, and the answer may have sme coherence to his idea, but is his idea of a less elaborate football for a more vertical one. He could easily use Veron as 8, Gallardo as 10, Ortega as supported striker and Bati upfront, with Crespo as sub, and never dare.

I answer the topic regarding my TASTE, as usuall, how can I say sthg is wrong or right? or good or bad? I always answer basing on what I prefer, and back that with mY reasons, even if the backing can be biased against someone, I cannot cheat myself saying I like Crespo for instance.

Nothing is simply, and the worse thing for Passarella was becoming what the media demanded at that moment: a Kaiser, he HAD to be the antithesis of the flair, and more anarchich Basile, while the answer for me should be something with best of both.

And like I told before, the choosing of Piojos, of only breakers of the games as def mid, of less agressive tactics with him, dig the grave of our best players.

Saying all, neither of the two are even near bad, and can achieve results, as every system, idea, almost every established first division player can....but they aren't of my taste, and the consecuences of their ideas cost much more than we think, the best principle is too subordinate the system to the characteristics of the MORE skill players you can find, this made the best teams always, and more when is a NT that you have tons to choose.

In the case of Passarella, like I said the main error was Lopez and its implecations, and the choices IN his team, becuase like you said many like Veron, Ayala, Gallardo, Ortega, Batistuta, deserved to be there without discussion, but when you give the playmaker role to Ortgea or Veron, when you use Lopez like your wing, when you generate the idea of Crespo is a wizard with ball to put him against a consolidate striker, when the real wizard, Gallardo, is left aside, those choices put me on the other side of the road...but never will take my biased admiration towards him as a player.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think both of them great with different styles.Bielsa is more attacking and entertainmenting mind coach whereas Passarella has a more definsive style. To choose one of them depends on what kind of players you have.Beilsa likes stars and he feild up all of them together (Too much offence) whereas Passarella has rigid system.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today Passarella starts for us.

Has started well, putting Fabricio back in the team. He said that he wont have a hard line and will play in attack. So he is at least starting well for us :)

·
18,041 Posts
ask any mexican, becuase I didn't follow his period there and is said he become a more off coach and finally cut the crap with the hair and stuff..I hope, because I hated when I hate him, I really admire him...

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
He won the Mexican championship a couple of years back with Monterrey, so it's not like it's been ages since he's won anything.

·
18,041 Posts
I wasn't critizying, on contrary...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts