Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pasqual is called up for the first time for the azzuri, lets hope he plays well.
But more important lets hope that we buy the other half of his contract as soon as possible..

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
yup,what a blistering start he is making in the Serie A

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Congrats to Manuel, he really deserves it! But yeah, let's hope his future (and Fiorentina future above all) is resolved soon.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
ohh the burn for Chiellini...he must feel the pain now...he knows he would be getting 90 minute games and have a solid position in the NT by now

congrats to pasqual, we've just simply got to stop Juve from interfering

·
Registered
904 Posts
To be fair the Chiellini, he didn't have a choice of where he went. He wanted to stay here (and we wanted him), but in the deal we had Juve held all the cards and pretty much made clear that he was going back to them (while the other deals were half purchases, I think his time here was just a loan, so we had no claim on him).

Anyway, congrads to Pasqual. Don't think he'll be a regular starter, but he does bring something different to the position than other players in the blue, so may just end up on the trip to Germany in the summer. Who would have thought that a few months ago? Nice job Prandelli for recognizing the player's abilities.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
But... isn't it just a trick by Lippi? To be "welcomed" in Firenze by fans who would attend the match and support Italia instead of booeing on Vieri, Iaquinta and other superb players?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Pasqual amazed by call Monday 27 February, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiorentina defender Manuel Pasqual is finding it tough to come to terms with his maiden Italian call-up. “I can’t described my feelings,” he said.

The 23-year-old was drafted into Marcello Lippi’s plans for the first time after his impact at the Stadio Artemio Franchi this term.

Although there have been whispers that Pasqual could be rewarded with an Azzurri jersey, he’s reacted with shock to seeing his name amongst some illustrious colleagues.

“People have been telling me for months that sooner or later I would be selected, but I didn’t believe them,” said the left-back.

“Now that it is all true I just can’t hide my joy. I really can’t describe what emotions I am now feeling.”

Pasqual, who is only in his first Serie A campaign following his move from Arezzo, was keen to thank his new club for his achievement.

“The fact that I have got this result is down to my teammates who have helped me reach this level over the last few months,” he added.

“I also, obviously, owe a lot to Coach Cesare Prandelli who has helped motivate me and has always believed in my abilities.

“The club also deserve praise for choosing me from Serie B and giving me the opportunity to play in the First Division.”

Pasqual could actually feature against the Germans at the Franchi in midweek given that Juventus full-back Gianluca Zambrotta is injured.

Meanwhile, Fiorentina have again insisted that they hope to keep hold of Pasqual for next season – seeing as Arezzo still own 50 per cent of his contract.

channel4

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Deserved it and he can make the WC. It would be between he and Oddo who comes out of the squad for Zambrotta. So a good end to the season could see him at the WC ahead of Chiellini and Oddo.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
NickyTheHeel said:
Any chance Pasqual plays as Left (midfield) Wing in a 4-4-2?
I think it's very probable, imo they won't let him being left back because of his little internationl experience, i think also Prandelli started with him as left wing and Pancaro as left back in a match or two somewhere at the begining of season.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
is torricelli in management?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts