Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Press Conference

With the impending press conference due for 1, I have news that it will be Pascal Cygan AND Gilberto Silva being unveiled as new signings. I hope it's true

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Press Conference

What a load of crap THAT turned out to be. I will be ignoring my informant from now on

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Well, Cygan has signed, and if Myles Palmer is to be believed (he usually is) he was signed for only £2.1m, not the £5.5m we had heard.

Arsenal have put his OPTA stats from last season on their site, and they make very interesting reading.

I think he may turn out to be a quality player.

Pascal Cygan's OPTA report 2002

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Interesting... 83% is very good. He sounds like a good passer as well... He looks a lot like Frank LeBoeuf.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I have become more and more positive about Cygan. I`ve been talking with friends who says he is a real quality player and hopefully the only reason to why he not play in the French national team instead of Lebouf and Christaneval is that Christaneval plays (or at least tries to play) for Barca and Lemere seems to be a great fan of Leboufas he prefer to have him as central defender instead of Thuram and have Candela on the right. Now Lemere is sacked and Cygan got all chanes of being world class defender now if he is as good as people says.

I hope Wenger will rate his c defenders like this:
Campbell
Keown
Cygan / Upson
Halls
Luzney
Pat Rice
Stepanovs

(I don`t count with Adams as it seems will confirm his retiment very soon)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I still think we should give Upson a good run in the squad esp at the start of the new season and not demote him to the bench again!
he is a good lad and deserves his chance......even with Cygan there i think Upson should be played ahead of Cygan.....

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Jacke Sigfridsson said:

Campbell
Keown
Cygan / Upson
Halls
Luzney
Pat Rice
Stepanovs
:D :D Poor old Igors! :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Jacke Sigfridsson

Campbell
Keown
Cygan / Upson
Halls
Luzney
Pat Rice
Stepanovs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd have Charlie Buchan just ahead of Igors personally

1 - 9 of 9 Posts