Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who will be the two starting forwards for next season?
one position will definitely be taken up by henry
thats for sure
if bergkamp performs well at euro2000, he should also start with henry
kanu is too good to keep on the bench :eek:
wenger has said that he wouldnt mind anelka coming back to arsenal
to be totally honest
i wouldnt mind him coming back too
hes a damn good striker and would help the team
maybe not in team spirit :confused: but experience in the cup final would've helped him
mmmmm
i remember a rumour linking wiltord with arsenal
that would be good too
wiltord - henry
wat do you guys think

·
Registered
708 Posts
We don't need another Striker. Forget about Wilford and Anelka and all those other guys. We had Suker this year as a fourth striker and he never played. Besides, we have Graham Barrett as a fourth striker, and he oozes potential. Also, if worst came to worst Overmars can also play up top.

I agree that Henry will definitely start, as Kanu and Bergkamp don't play well together. Between Kanu and Bergkamp, I think the latter will start, although I expect to see Kanu playing a lot this season!

B

·
0 Posts
Graham barrett as our fourth striker next year?, I sincerly hope not, he may be talented but he is in no way prodigious, if we have to play him in the champions league, he will simply be gobbled up by the oppositions defenders, and our chances of winning with him.

He's young, he needs to be played, and he's not going to do that on our bench, he should be loaned out for a couple of seasons, to allow him to grow as a player, and allow us to determine whether he's good enough to be a arsenal player.

Bordeaux has said wiltord is not for sale, wiltord seems to disagree, if he disagrees alot and eventually gets a transfer, it won't be to arsenal, wenger won't sign someone who's threatened to break contract, last year when hamann did it arsenal immediatley dropped all intrest in him, same thing with r.deboar.

We have recently been linked with franca, though I think it's unlikely we will sign him, he'd cost to much for the position he would occupy.

Our attacks have been very one-dimensional since wenger arrived, not that they weren't before, but the dimension has changed. All our attacks seem to be through slick moves on the ground or via counter attacks. I think we need to add a goalpoacher to our ensemble, preferably one physically powerful and dangerous arially, someone who's forte is scoring crap goals. Who?.....I don't really know.

D

·
0 Posts
Would be great if Wiltord came, but he finds himself off-side quite a lot. Bergkamp - Henry, Bergkamp will be like Zidane, sending all the through-balls down Henry's way, and the rest is history.
Anelka back would be great. Let's hope he won't have such a negative attitude again. Most of that negative attitude at Arsenal must still have been the fact that he was left out of France's WC squad, now he's in the squad, so he shouldn't moan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts