Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the 4th of August Parmalat will stop their sponsorship of brazilian club Palmeiras. I think this is a bad move. Parma NEED Palmeiras in order to snap up south american talent that is somewhat "protected" from other big clubs. Junior and Alex are excellent examples of what advantages we could get from this sponsorship. This is really bad from a strategical point of view I'm afraid... :(

But maybe it could mean that there will be more money for Parma instead? And the addition of Napoli could bring some other advantages that Palmeiras couldn't offer us. Like giving raw talent from abroad Serie A experience. The optimal would be to keep Palmeiras and guide them to Parma through 1 or 2 seasons in Napoli.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Who cares! all their best players left: R.Junior, Junior, Alex, Euller, Pena etc.

They only got 1 real good player:Marcos a goal keeper, 2nd GK in the Brazilian national team!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
It was expecteble that Parmalat would leave Palmeiras after they made the sell out this summer.It was good to have an industry of talent but Tanzi thought differently.Anyway,we got their best player although we have missed on Rivaldo,Roberto Carlos,Djalminha,Flavio Conceicao etc etc etc...

Marcos is a great goallie but I dont think we need a goalkeeper anytime soon,right? :)

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
unless Buffon breaks his hands again in that 'Civilian WOrk'
he has to do:eek:

Since when was Palmeiras partly owned by Parma?

We also missed on Cafu:mad:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who cares? I care! I'll tell you why. In just 2-3 years from now Palmeiras will have a new Rivaldo, a new Roberto Carlos or a new Cafu. In Brazil you have an almost endless supply of talents to dig from. Hopefully we can attract some of them anyway.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
VERDI,right now Palmeiras have exaclty two good players left.Marcos and forward Euller.

They are empty of talent and they also lost Fellipao the best coach in Brazil...this team has no future since Parmalat stopped investing on them.

Even if they make a new Rivaldo or Roberto Carlos another Brazilian team will get him before any European team even learns his existance.

I like to have Palmairas but only if it was a great Palmeiras.Besides,Parmalat is well conected in Brazil so we still have many inside things other teams dont.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts