Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is a very interesting rumor...i don't know if it's another crap or not...but just wanna share this with u guys...

=================================
Parma Try to Entice Scolari
News Archive

Parma: Scolari's next project? (Allsport)
07/06/2002. Reports out of Brazil say that Parma have dangled a hefty sum in front of of Brazilian coach Luiz Felipe Scolari in order to lure the world champion away from the CBF. The offer of 200 thousand Euros would be a 2/3 increase over what the CBF paid Scolari.

After conquering the World Cup and silencing the critics after his omission of Romario proved not to be a hindrance, Scolari nearly can manage wherever he wishes in the fast-approaching European seasons....assuming a club can come forth with the cash.

soccerage ;)

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Does the name Prandelli not mean anything to these stupid rumour-mongers? He's only been the coach for 1 month but already O'Leary & Scolari have been named as his replacement:rolleyes:

Carson, do everyone a favour & think about the stories before you post them, PLEASE.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Scolari in Italy?

Actually that particular piece of news appeared on Brazil as well. Parma reportedly offered to double what Scolari earns in Brazil. Scolari knows some Parmalat Brazilian executives from the time he managed Palmeiras, so they may be running the negotiations.

It's not really absurd, y'know. Scolari speaks Italian, he has an Italian passport and his wish to work in Europe, as a new challenge, is public knowledge.

Mind you, I'm not saying it will happen, I'm saying that Carson apparently didn't make it up. ;)

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I know he never made it up, but what I mean is think about all the things he posts before he does post them.

Parma already have a coach, & whilst we went through 3 coaches last season I do believe we won't sack one after 0 competitive games.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
You never know the truth behind these stories.

BUT, you can figure out how likely a story can be.

If this is true, we would sack a new coach before pre-season starts to replace him with someone that would require a totally new plan for the future.

It would contradict everything the board has said and done the past year.

So according to logic, this is BS.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Carson35 said:
this is a very interesting rumor...i don't know if it's another crap or not...but just wanna share this with u guys...
Carson, please! It isn't an "interesting" rumour! :rolleyes: It just wastes our time to read about this so-called piece of rumour! Does it mean that the board of AC Parma would be stupid enough to sack Prandelli without letting him to do anything for us? :groan:

Anyone of us would make a better and more honest journalist than the one here, to be honest... :stuckup:

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Actually I heard this rumour before we got Pandelli and Brazil won WC. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I dont think that Prandelli needs this type of extra pressure building up just like Terim had at Milan the noose around his neck was already in place.Perhaps Big Phil can be a possibility one day but for now the job at hand is Prandelli's.
I dont think Carson meant to start anything it was just reported thats it I guess.;)

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Maybe we should go after Scolari. I don`t trust Prandelli. we should have somebody who can learn the youngsters and they would look up for Scolari because he won the World Cup and knows what he is talking about.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
You don't trust Prandelli? FFS! How many games has he lost so far? Have some faith in the guy please. Start doubting him if we sit in the bottom 6 after 8 weeks, but we haven't played 1 competitive game under him.

And I'm sure we can get someone better than Scolari. So what if he has won the WC, the fact is I don't like the style of his team, he complains when his players don't cheat, & we don't need that.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
The fact is that we know next to nothing about Prandelli. He is a total mystery. Ok so he has a reputation of building good teams with young players but the fact is that his only really worthy achievement was a really good season with Hellas Verona in Serie A. A Verona with Seric, Frey and Diana by the way...

I would love to have Scolari at Parma and I have been saying this for a long time (even before he won the WC). However, it would seriously hurt the credibility of the club to get rid of Prandelli like that. Its just not fair nor right.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
If we want to build our team on a longterm basis, it would be so incredibly stupid to pull a Milan and sack Prandelli before he's gotten a fair chance.
Even if we are in the relegationzone by mid-season I hope he stays. There is no way we can be a good team without a longterm coach.
As with Scolari, it would be such a break from this plan we have. I hardly think Scolari would want a team full of young Italians. :rolleyes:

Forza Prandelli for christs sake!! :fero:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Remember that Prandelli is on a ONE year contract...

Oh, and if we get one more player on loan (or co-ownership as they like to call it to sound better) I'm going to scream... :mad: That's also not a good sign. Now they say we want Donati on an "Adriano-deal" and that sucks so much...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts