Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parma want Andersson in revamped forward line

Tuesday 7th May 2002

Parma have revealed they are keen to sign Sweden striker Andreas Andersson this summer. "He is a player we have our eye on," revealed director of sport Giorgio Bottaro on Tuesday. "In fact, we hope to sign three or four forwards."

The Serie A giants are keen to rebuild after a difficult season and technical director Arrigo Sacchi is believed to be behind the move for AIK star Andersson.

The former Italy coach brought Andersson to AC Milan, but the Swede failed to adjust to Italian football and left to join Newcastle United, where he also struggled.

He has been reinvigorated since returning to Sweden, though. He has scored five goals in six games for AIK this season and is in the squad for the World Cup.

Andersson's contract expires at the end of the Swedish season in December, but AIK are determined to hang on to their man.

"This is the first time I have heard about this," said director of sport Stefan Soderberg. "We would like to keep Andreas for another three years, maybe even four or five."

Andersson himself admits he is tempted to try and erase the memory of his failure abroad. "I am a better player now," he insisted to Aftonbladet. "The last time I was only 23 and had not played that much in the Swedish league.

"I have more experience now and know what is required. I am 28 and I feel that is a good age to move abroad."

Parma's interest was as much of a surprise for Andersson as it was for AIK. "Obviously, it is flattering. But they seem to be interested in a lot of players, so we will have to wait and see how serious it is," said the blond striker.

"I talked to Jeppe (Jesper Blomqvist) when he was there and of course Tomas Brolin had some good years there. Maybe Parma is a good club for Swedes…"

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek:

:confused:

:mad: :mad:

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
What?! :confused: Andreas Andersson?! :wth: :eekani: Say no thanks to him!

Sorry to all his fans (if there is any with us here), but I guess it's better for him to stay where he is now... :tongue:

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
:howler: :fero: :groan:

·
Banned
188 Posts
Is this a joke, Andreas Andersson, I remember him at Newcastle, one incident summed up his time in England, he was given a clear site of goal and stumbled, hitting the ground face first.

Please say this is a late April fools joke

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
MINDSCAPE said:
. "In fact, we hope to sign three or four forwards."
3 or 4!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
that would mean 1 or 2 from our current strikers out!
The first I would give away is Grieco on loan!
Sellinh Sukur would be ok if we get a got reinforcement, but Bona and Di Vaio MUST STAY!!!!!!!!:mad: :frustrat:

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
In the original article I think it was 2 or 3 new strikers. Which still means that we would only keep one or two... Probably Bonazzoli and possibly Di Vaio. Grieco is going to be loaned out and Sukur, Mboma and Milosevic will be sold. I'm pretty sure of this.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Shanie said:
What?! :confused: Andreas Andersson?! :wth: :eekani: Say no thanks to him!

Sorry to all his fans (if there is any with us here), but I guess it's better for him to stay where he is now... :tongue:
He have no fans.

What a joke...:howler:
oh well he comes for free, still a stupid buy...

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Why on earth would we want to buy another big striker when we already have 2 far better ones? Sukur & Bonna should both be kept:mad:

What we need is wingers, people who can cross the ball in for these tall strikers to head in. We lack that at the moment which is why Hakan has had problems.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I would get rid of Mboma and Savo, and possibly Bonna.

I would keep Di Vaio and Sukur and try to get Adriano, and maybe one other guy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts