Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PARMA vs Palermo

We cannot afford to lose any points at home due to our poor results on the road, where we have only managed to collect six points (all draws).

Game from last season:
Parma 0 - 0 Palermo
Parma: Bucci; Ferronetti (Paci 76), Couto, Contini, Castellini; Dessena, Cigarini, Ciaramitaro; Pisanu, Muslimovic, Gasbarroni (Paponi 70)

Palermo: Fontana; Zaccardo, Barzagli, Dellafiore; Cassani, Tedesco, Corini (Parravicini 71), Simplicio, Bresciano; Di Michele (Caracciolo 71), Amauri

Uptracking our current position compared to last season:

Current Season 2007/08
Season 2006/07​
Week 28
Week 28​
PARMA
PARMA​
W - 5
W - 4​
D - 11
D - 10​
L - 12
L - 14​
Points 26
Points 22​

:thumbsup:*FORZA PARMA*:thumbsup:​

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Palermo is a weird team, very unpredictable.

No screw ups please!!!!!

FORZA PARMA, we believe :hopeful:

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
I remember last season's fixture, it was really surreal, as if both teams had agreed to have a 0-0 beforehand.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I am not confident at all. I think this is one the games Di Carlo would of won, but I get the idea that we will not throw caution to the wind, and probably end up with a low scoring point.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hard to say if we can win,but look at the next fixtures,losing 3 points in this game is unforgivable!

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
MUST WIN!

Lucarelli: Time to start justifying that price tag
Dessena: Time to start showing everyone that you have more than just potential
Bucci: Time to return to the form of last year
Falcone: Time to stop being so monumentally shit!

I believe in our boys. We can do this.
Forza Parma!!! :fero:

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sa0708/par-pal.html

Facing the drop to Serie B, the Gialloblu took serious action last week when they axed Coach Mimmo Di Carlo. Hector Cuper, the man who almost led Inter to the Scudetto in 2002, has been given a route back into the Italian game as a result, but he’s got a tough job on his hands. Confidence in the Ducali camp is low, but they did at least earn a point against fellow strugglers Livorno in Cuper’s debut thanks to a stunning volley by Reginaldo.

The Brazilian’s ‘reward’ could be a place on the bench, as reports suggest that Giulio Falcone’s return from suspension will force him out of the side. With the defender restored to the starting XI, Paolo Castellini would probably move up to left-wing, but there’s every chance that Reginaldo will retain his place instead. Elsewhere, midfield maestro Luca Cigarini is set to return to the team in place of Andrea Pisanu, while joint-top scorer Andrea Gasbarroni – albeit with just five goals – will play just off Cristiano Lucarelli once again.

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
Hey Pete, what's up with you lately? You've been acting like Carson, pasting articles and such :pp
I'm ****ing bored mate. Started my easter break from Uni and i can't be assed to start revising.... Just stuck in the middle of no-where and my parents need both cars so i'm stuffed. I'm just wasting my life away on the net, it's extremely depressing, hopefully i'll still be around for the match tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
We must win this match.Fighting for relegation compared to fighting for a European place is much more important so i expect a win in this game.
Also Jube B and Jube come just after this match and they are away games...

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
The squad for the game:

Portieri

5. BUCCI
99. PAVARINI
1. PETR

Difensori

6. ANTONELLI
7. CASTELLINI
24. COUTO
19. FALCONE
28. PACI
2. ZENONI

Centrocampisti

4. DESSENA
18. GASBARRONI
17. MARIGA
4. MORRONE
55. PARRAVICINI

Attaccanti

10. MORFEO
20. BUDAN
32. CORRADI
9. LUCARELLI
83. REGINALDO

Cigarini, Coly, Pisanu and Rossi out while Morfeo is back in the squad.
Not much creativity in this squad...

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Pisanu has been piss poor lately, so I don't think we will miss him at all tbh.
Budan must start instead of Lucabelly unless Cuper goes with two forwards from the start.

---------- Budan -- Lucabelly

-- Gasbarroni ------------- Reginaldo

----------- Cigarini -- Morrone

Castellini -- Falcone -- Paci -- Zenoni

--------------- Bucci

That's how I would start, we need to win.

(edit - why is Ciga unavailable?)

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Coly and Ciga are out Amium.
All the absences are due to injuries (minor i suppose) but we have almost the whole team one card away from getting banned and that's very bad because next match is against Siena.

·
Banned
18,453 Posts
Lucabelly :howler: Good one!

If we lose this one, we're in the shit.

I like Dean's formation, except that I dont know if Luca and Budan
can function together very well.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Coly and Ciga are out Amium.
All the absences are due to injuries (minor i suppose) but we have almost the whole team one card away from getting banned and that's very bad because next match is against Siena.
I really can't see us beating Siena at their place with the form they are in. It's depressing to think that Maccarone could destroy our defence :yuck:

I dont know if Luca and Budan
can function together very well.
It's a risk we need to take IMO. Lucarelli doesn't seem able to play the lone striker role for us.
It's clear to everyone Budan is the better all around player for our needs, but I guess the pressure is there from Ghirardi to play Lucarelli.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I think you should easily win! Guidolin will play only to draw and of course he will lose. We have not chances becouse we have the worst and cowardly coach in seria A!!! Palermo will play with about 7-8 defenders around the door!!!

1 - 20 of 135 Posts