Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24,061 Posts

·
Registered
15,429 Posts
Only saw highlights but looked like a deserve win. Not an easy place to take three points. Nice finish from Theo.

·
Super Moderator
13,625 Posts
Big win! I thought we were pretty decent, though obviously there's a big issue upfront. We dominated quite clearly and should have killed the game earlier, but of course Parma had some chances too and could have done some damage. I think that is okay though, we played very high and Gervinho and co. are very dangerous and have hurt plenty of teams before that way. The midfield is not solid enough, but has improved with Bonaventura. Kessié same as always, and Bennacer is ore enthusiastic than Biglia but hardly a difference maker so far.

In attack, though... Piatek doing nothing at all, Suso created our best chances (two saved shots to Kessie and Hakan in the first half, from the right) but it's just not enough, Hakan very Hakan... None of them look like scoring at any point in their current form. Same with Leao really, he's not even getting into the right spots -- at least Piatek does that, but looks like a shadow of last year's sharp shooter.

We need 1-2 attacking signings, desperately.

Theo really looks like the only one with enough conviction to score, and maybe also Jack (but we know he won't score that often). No wonder the goal came from them.

The defense was fragile, but it's okay in a game like this IMO. We at least now look like a proper midtable team and not relegation material like under Giampaolo. With improvements in attack we could beat most Serie A teams playing like this.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
Piantek doing nothing and Suso creates our best chances - Quote from above

Man of the match sentence there for Suso.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
See the story I like reading - we got the 3 points whilst not playing so great. If we can get 3 points while playing great, all the better. If not, I'll go with this.

I missed the game. And from highlights and comments, it's the usual so so performance. What matters at this point is clawing our way up by grabbing points no matter how.

And oh, King G should be the thread starter henceforth

·
Super Moderator
13,625 Posts
The first chance I was talking about was actually created by Bonaventura.

Other decent chances:
  • in the first half: Piatek to Hakan who missed the target in the first post, Suso to Hakan who forced a good save from the right, Suso to Kessie little pass on the right but Kessie flunked the cross
  • in the second half: Musacchio volley from the right, Suso individual run and missed, Hakan after a nice combination by Suso and Krunic but his shot was very weak.
Maybe one or two more but I cannot remember. Then a bunch of crosses and mostly poor long shots or balls poorly controlled by Piatek or not even chased in the box by Leao.

Not a bad performance IMO, but the team does look toothless upfront, at least with all these guys in this form, which now has lasted almost half a season or more.

Especially Piatek is the main culprit for me as the others at least do more in other aspects. Piatek has some work rate and can move without the ball, but ultimately he is the kind of striker that is of very little use when he does not score. And while this is not his fault, the whole attacking aspects of the squad is built around the notion of Piatek scoring 20 goals.

·
Registered
23,863 Posts
Kessie forced a good save with a shot in the second half.

overall it was promising and good for our confidence that we took the points

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
You can’t just solely blamed on Piantek.

The shit is the 3 upfront, yes include Piantek, donkey and Kebab bey.

3 of them need to be benched or find a new club next season.
One got a new agent called Raiola, hope he can play for a better club

Theo our left back is our top scorer along with Piantek.

Conti is building confident.
MOTM are both our full back.

·
Registered
15,429 Posts
You can’t just solely blamed on Piantek.

The shit is the 3 upfront, yes include Piantek, donkey and Kebab bey.

3 of them need to be benched or find a new club next season.
One got a new agent called Raiola, hope he can play for a better club

Theo our left back is our top scorer along with Piantek.

Conti is building confident.
MOTM are both our full back.

If Conti can show a genuine return to form this could be huge for us. It will help your favourite player a lot when he cuts in from the right flank. Quality and true width are two things which have not gone hand-in-hand for a long time. No matter what system is used it is essential, so let's hope we now have it 🙏

·
Super Moderator
13,625 Posts
Nobody is "solely blaming" anyone (except, say, people who insult the same player non-stop). Piatek/Leao right now are the weakest aspect of the attack though in my opinion. This game less so, but lately the team has created the chances have not scored them, which is the job of the striker above all.

I still have some hopes for Piatek, just based on how unbelievably good he was last season, but if he does not score he simply won't remain in the lineup, and it's no mystery (and IMO no mistake) that our priority right now is a striker. It is also true that we need to improve the whole attacking setup, hence I said we need 1-2 attacking signings. I also think playing Leao in one of the wings could be part of the solution.

Definitely the fullbacks were the highlight in this game, though Theo got caught badly out of position once or twice.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts